The scoop on 'Gourmet Garlic Gardens'

Gourmet Garlic Gardens

12300 FM 1176
Bangs, Texas 76823 (United States)

Phone: 325-348-3049

Comments:

Positive TheQueenBee
Momence, IL
September 28, 2014
I've ordered from Gourmet Garlic Gardens for many years and have always, always,always got great garlic and service.

Unfortunately, Bob no longer sells garlic but has vendors that you can buy your garlic from by ordering through his website. They have to adhere to his strict clean garlic guidelines. This is my second season ordering from one of his vendors and I've received the same clean, large, disease free garlic bulbs as always. I ordered Romanian Red garlic from Allicin's Ranch in late September and the huge bulbs were just gorgeous.
Positive 6aseeder
Arlington, MA (Zone 6a)
September 21, 2011
i have ordered for two years. i also changed an on-line order after the fact, by calling. they were very accomodating. no drama.
Positive flowrgirl1
Winston-Salem, NC (Zone 7a)
December 21, 2009
I ordered the hardneck, cold weather sampler. They arrived on time and in fantastic condition. Beautiful bulbs! They sent two bulbs each of five varieties. Needless to say, I will have lots of organic garlic next summer!
Positive FLLPam
Fort Lauderdale, FL
October 1, 2009
So far so good - in fact, impressed. Ordered the warm weather assortment that would grow in So FL and even asked for the hard to find "cuban purple" in the comments section. I thought it didn't hurt to ask and the website said you could only get them in an assortment purchase. Within 6 days (!) of ordering them online, I received them at my doorstep from UPS. They were all wrapped by variety (2 bulbs per) in small paper bags that had stickers with information about the variety...except my cubans, which were handwritten - I guess they don't sell enough for a fancy sticker. I received the cuban purples, Lorz Italian artichokes, Sonoran Asiatic, Kettle River artichokes, Shilla turban hardnecks.

Am excited to start planting them in the upcoming weeks...and expect the same quality from the cloves as I have received to date on the purchase & delivery process.
Positive jomoncon
New Orleans, LA (Zone 9a)
September 13, 2009
Very, very helpful company. Lots of info on their site & very helpful emails on selecting the correct garlic for your location.

A little on the expensive side, but hopefully, it will be a one time purchase.
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
October 13, 2007
Great person to deal with... Wonderful selection of really nice garlic. He will send what is best for your growing area.
I notice some people think his garlic is expensive, but it seems very reasonable to me. I ordered two different 1lb. groups, both selections were extremely nice. Also he sent more than an even 2lbs which is unusual to get extra product these days. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. I will definitely purchase next year. A+ in my opinion.
Positive rusty_toad
Austin, TX
September 24, 2006
I have purchased garlic from Gourmet Garlic Gardens on several occassions. They have a great selection and Bob can tell you which varieties can be expected to do well in your area, given that Mother Nature cooperates at least a little. He also has lots of great information on prepping beds & cloves, growing and harvesting garlic, as well as information on using garlic. I have always received my order in perfect condition and soon after his e-mail notifying me that it has been shipped. I am glad there is someone so knowledgeable and reliable in Texas providing such a good selection of my favorite, easy-to-grow fall-planted crop!
Positive dmj1218
west Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
June 21, 2006
A great family owned Texas business--I order some garlic varieties every year from them. I agree if you want cheap, go elsewhere--if you want quality and unusual varieties well suited for the south--this is the place. I would never grow garlic from any other source. Their garlic is supreme!
Positive PetitPois
Charlottesville, VA
May 15, 2006
I was ambitious and placed a large order with this company.
All of the cloves (and I mean all of them!) have come up and are thriving. I can't wait to taste them.
Positive UncleJohn
Cornish, NH (Zone 4b)
April 21, 2005
As mentioned by others, this store is pricey, but their product is very good. I purchased two collections from them, and have been very happy with the results. They did a good job choosing for me, given my tastes, and my zone 4 garden. My first crop is coming up now, and already five out of six varieties are 100% sprouted; the remaining one is lagging far behind, but I am confident they will almost all sprout as well. Service was fast and good. I will order from them again.
Positive mcmetz
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
June 18, 2004
Extensive selection of garlics that cannot be found in stores; owner was very helpful by telephone in recommending garlics to both eat and grow in zone 8b; product is expensive but worth the "treat;" I will order again from them.
Positive garlic_fanatic
October 11, 2003
This site has some of the best selection and quality of garlic I've found.

The customer service is quick and helpful and the shipped items are top notch and arrive in good planting or eating condition.

Not the cheapest garlic site around but you get what you pay for.

This site will remain my source for top notch garlic.