The scoop on 'BerriesPlus (Botanical Growers Network)'

BerriesPlus (Botanical Growers Network)

Gainesville, Florida 32635 (United States)

Phone: none
Fax: none

This company is affiliated with Real Flora (aka Botanical Growers)

Comments:

Positive locator299
Pittsburgh, PA
October 25, 2013
I bought four berry plants (different varieties) from BerriesPlus on September 12, 2013. At first, I was VERY hesitant to place an order because, if there was a problem with the order or the plants, there was no way to contact a LIVE person in the company. To contact them, you have to fill out an online form. They specifically mention (in the FAQs) that there is no phone number. From reading their website, it appears that BerriesPlus is just one of seven companies that are part of 'w3plants.com' (aka Botanical Growers Network). They DO list a physical mailing address and an email link in their FAQ section. On the individual plant Details pages, I found a shipping statement that states, "Orders placed by Thursday ship the following Tuesday during season, April - Nov." They had some berry plants that I really wanted to try, so I gave them a chance. After placing the order (on a Thursday, mid-day), I promptly received a receipt (via email). There was no estimated shipping time listed, so I hoped they would ship the following Tuesday, as was mentioned in their shipping statement. However, the plants did not ship on the following Tuesday, which made me pretty nervous. However, I eventually received an email that my plants had shipped. I believe it took about two weeks (from placing the order) for the plants to ship. When the plants arrived, they were very well-packaged. They were well protected within the large box - and each plant (& pot) was individually inserted in a long plastic bag (about 2" wide by 12" long). They used skinny, but tall (9") black plastic pots, which held well-rooted plants and the potting soil. The plants were in great condition; trimmed slightly for shipping, but very healthy. When I placed the order, they had plants that I couldn't find anywhere else (in the Fall) for a relatively good price (just shy of $13 each). When I checked the website today, the prices (on the berries that I ordered) have nearly doubled... so ordering more plants now is not quite so tempting. Although the inability to talk to a live person is a little scary - as is not knowing exactly when your plants will ship - the quality of the plants more than made up for my doubts. Overall, I would recommend this company - and I may place an order again in the future (if the prices were to drop back to the mid-teens).