The scoop on 'MrMaple (Nichol's Nursery)'

MrMaple (Nichol's Nursery)

107 Maplewood Knoll Drive
East Flat Rock, North Carolina 28726 (United States)

Comments:

Positive terryvirta
Petoskey, MI
April 26, 2016
I have had the pleasure of doing business with Mr Maple online and at the nursery in East Flat Rock, NC. Matt and Tim are extremely knowledgeable about their products. In addition they are friendly and extremely passionate about their business. If there were stars I would give them all provided.
Positive rdtjr05
Franklin, TN
March 22, 2016
Bought a Chionanthus retusus 'Yadkin Creeper' from them at the Nashville Lawn and Garden show recently. Interesting plant which I had never seen before. Their usual JM's all looked good at their booth. Recommended.
Positive tbuff
Nellysford, VA (Zone 6a)
March 22, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about this company and its owners. I have been a grower of rare plants for 30+ years and have done business with nurseries across the Unites States. Tim and Matt Nichols are a breath of fresh air in the plant world-two young men with a tremendous passion for what they do and a desire to please. In a world in which rare plant nurseries appear to be a dying breed, this company appears to be in it for the long haul. It takes guts. I have purchased numerous maples and ginkgo's from them and have always been pleased. Their stock is solid. When ordering plants, Tim and Matt have gone out of their way to accommodate. I have been a manager in Corporate America for many years and understand customer service. You will get it from this nursery. Tim and Matt are very professional and courteous. Beyond simply selling plants, they can give you the history behind individual cultivars. For those of us on the East Coast, especially the South and Mid Atlantic, this nursery gives us an advantage because their maple rootstock is well-suited for our climate. There is an interesting story behind this and I would encourage you to ask Tim or Matt, who can explain much better than I.
Negative Gardenplant
College Grove, TN
March 22, 2016
This company will not stand behind their plants. I bought several trees from this nursery. While most survived one did not. Less than 6 months after spending $85.00 (includes shipping) on a 3 gallon Japanese Maple it died. When I brought this to the attention of the nursey I was told they have no replacement policy. Be very careful purchasing from this nursery, you never know what you are going to get and they will not work with you if there is a problem. I will not be returning as a customer.
Positive kins02
Brooklyn, NY
May 1, 2014
Just purchased a "Japanese Sunrise" Japanese Maple from MrMaple. Bought the 3 gallon size. Shipping was fast and received a beautiful, healthy tree. Excellent price for this tree. The packaging was fantastic. Very pleased and high recommend.
Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
January 3, 2014
Posted on October 24, 2013, updated January 3, 2014
I have made numerous purchases from Mr. Maple and all of my experiences have been exceedingly positive. The quality of all the Japanese maples I've received from them has been excellent no matter the size I've ordered but like my most recent purchases, beautiful 3 gallon Muro gawa and Nicholsonii, I strongly recommend that 3 gallon size as it is an excellent value. The packing of the trees is terrific, and if there were any questions concerning the cultivar or shipment the communication was great. Buy with confidence!
On January 3rd, 2014, directorrod added the following:

I have found Tim Nichols, (828) 551-6739, to be exceedingly helpful in getting hard to find cultivars, even ones not listed on his own MrMaple.com website. I've received several shipments from him since my last posting and all the trees I've gotten from him have been great!
Positive NCMstGardener
Columbus, NC
October 28, 2013
We are close enough that we can visit the nursery. Recently NC State professor Brice Lane featured it on his PBS show " In the Garden." After seeing the show we had to made a visit. We bought four trees (one very rare) and they were in great shape. When they say 1000 cultivars they mean it. It is simply overwhelming to see so many different maples. We found that Matt and Tim don't (can't) list all of their stock on their web site. Ask if you want something special. I think your odds are good that they will have it.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.