Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'MrMaple (Nichol's Nursery)'

MrMaple (Nichol's Nursery)

107 Maplewood Knoll Drive
East Flat Rock, North Carolina 28726 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Reids
Clover, SC
May 18, 2016
I have purchased from Nichol's Nursery/Mr Maple for more than six years. I thank Tim and Matt for all they do for me in providing information about their trees, bushes, and plants. I have lost only one tree and they worked with me to make sure of success in planting after purchasing fifty plus trees. I highly recommend Nichol's Nursery. They are helpful and knowledgeable about trees and plants and provide great customer service and excellent plants.
Positive AcerCrazy
Hoschton, GA
May 18, 2016
Just visited Mr Maple over the mothers day weekend to get mom a nice Japanese maple and of course myself a few. I am an avid maple collector with over 250 cultivars and the selection, quality, and service from the Mr Maple guys is the best bar none.

I have visited nurseries and ordered mail order from pretty much every maple specialty nursery and Mr Maple has opened up the world maple cultivars never very accessible to us collectors.

I got Mom a beautiful new cultivar 'Moonrise' which was pure gorgeousness! Yellow leaves with new growth showing a nice reddish pink on top. Of course felling the need to add to my collection I grabbed a few rarer cultivars.

3 g Verkades Jacus Potus
3 g Hazeroino
3 g Yamato Hagoromo
3 g A.b. Michael Steinhardt
3 g A.b. Hana chiru sato
3 g A sh. Moonrise

All gorgeous 3 gal 4+ ft tall. Very healthy and great prices!!!

The best place for all your specialty maple needs!!! Some of the most knowledgeable nurserymen in the maple industry great helping new gardeners or the most seasoned collectors!

Its a great felling knowing they are only a couple hours drive away!

Always look forward to their Memorial Day Open House!
Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
Posted on January 3, 2014, updated May 18, 2016
Posted on October 24, 2013, updated January 3, 2014
I have made numerous purchases from Mr. Maple and all of my experiences have been exceedingly positive. The quality of all the Japanese maples I\'ve received from them has been excellent no matter the size I\'ve ordered but like my most recent purchases, beautiful 3 gallon Muro gawa and Nicholsonii, I strongly recommend that 3 gallon size as it is an excellent value. The packing of the trees is terrific, and if there were any questions concerning the cultivar or shipment the communication was great. Buy with confidence!
On January 3rd, 2014, directorrod added the following:

I have found Tim Nichols, (828) 551-6739, to be exceedingly helpful in getting hard to find cultivars, even ones not listed on his own MrMaple.com website. I\'ve received several shipments from him since my last posting and all the trees I\'ve gotten from him have been great!
On May 18th, 2016, directorrod added the following:

I am a longtime satisfied Mr. Maple customer. This month alone I received 4 trees from the nursery, all of them beauties. My most recent purchases were 3 gallon size Acer palmatum 'Narou', Acer palmatum 'Kawahara no midori', Acer palmatum 'Isobel', and Acer buergerianum 'Michael Steinhardt'. The Nichols brothers have a passion for Japanese maples and for getting trees to their customers that will thrive and create pleasure for years to come. Their business is a labor of love.
Positive DAUBERDOG
Wheeling, WV
May 17, 2016
Bought a beautiful GoldenTrident Maple called Michael Steinhardt.
Within few days leaves started to shrivel up and drop off.
Called Tim at Mr Maple and he immediately said he would replace it at no cost following week.
All I had to do was to send other tree back at their cost.
Later he told me to keep the other tree and baby it so to speak.
He replacement tree arrived in beautiful condition and looks very healthy.
The other tree is making slow comeback.
I couldn't be more pleased with their service treatment.
I have been buying trees from them for about two years now.
Trees arrive always in good condition.
Would highly recommend these guys.
They know their Maples

Sincerely

Rick Crow
Positive eneref
Marietta, GA
May 17, 2016
The Nichols brothers (Matt and Tim) sure know their maples. And what they sell and work with has always been top rate. I've several maples from them in the garden that I've gotten over the years. Just received a new rare one I'd been eyeing (Yamato Hagoromo). Gorgeous, large three gallon specimen that now had a prominent place in the garden. They're always helpful, easy to work with, and great to just chat with about plants. Top of their field. I would never hesitate to order from them.
Positive HelenYoest
Raleigh, NC
May 17, 2016
I've worked with MrMaple.com for about 5 years now. Most often, I make the drive to East Flat Rock b/c I'm usually picking up several, and I like to hear the boys suggest others new to me. Recently, I had a rare three-gallon rare maple shipped to me for a client. I was so impressed with the packaging. Not only did it arrive in perfect condition, MrMaple look ahead at my weather and noticed we were having a unseasonable frost as asked if I wanted it held until we were finally frost free! Excellent customer service. Excellent knowledge of plants, and maples, in particular. I will buy from MrMaple again and again. Helen
Positive MapleAddict
San Leandro, CA
May 17, 2016
Great place to find rare and hard to find maples. I recently purchased a Michael Steinhardt trident maple from them and was extremely happy with the size and quality of the tree. As far as I know they are the only online source that carries this beautiful cultivar. First thing that impressed me was the shipment packaging. The tree was secure and undamaged upon arrival and it was very easy to open the box and take the tree out, no excessive taping or fastening. I've had it now for almost 2 months and it's thriving in my garden. I've been collecting maples for over ten years now. I have purchased from many different sources (online and local nurseries) and must say that Matt and Tim at Mr. Maple are, by far, two of the most knowledgeable and passionate maple enthusiasts I've come across in that time. They're always quick to answer questions and they're very friendly. Five star customer support and quality trees are what you will get when dealing with Mr. Maple!
Positive ellerbegirl
Rockingham, NC
May 17, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Mr. Maple.com. I have ordered several maples and each time, the trees came within a few days. I am especially impressed with the way they package the trees for shipment. The trees looked great and have all done well. MrMaple.com is my first choice for Japanese Maples and I will be ordering again soon!
Positive 102GROUP
Avondale Estates, GA
May 17, 2016
I have been shopping with the Nichols brothers for years by mail and in person when I find them on the road. Not only are they a delight to work with, they are also a great source of hard to find maples at very reasonable prices. This is a family run operation and they treat their customers with a lot of respect. As a garden designer and incurable collector, I am always looking for great sources of unique and healthy plant material for my garden and for clients. MrMaple has become one of my favorite places to shop. The trees are always healthy and in great condition, and if I have questions they respond immediately.
Positive Hollywoodcolt23
Wilmington, NC
May 17, 2016
I have bought numerous trees of varying sizes and have never had any problems. Mr. Maple has been very helpful in helping with finding exactly what you are looking for. They are always fast to respond to any questions. I have not had any problems and don't expect any with their service. However if there is a problem I am sure they would make everything right. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.
Negative thequietearth
Hemby Bridge, NC
May 16, 2016
I really wanted to leave a positive review but I can't.
I bought 2 maples from them a few months ago.
One tree never flushed out and the other flushed out,
The leaves turned goey and fell off. I have over 20 years experience
Growing rare and unusual plants from all over the world so I am not an inexperienced gardener. I have tried contacting them several times and basically been ignored. I was hoping to use them again for the botanical garden but if they won't respond and stand by what they sell I don't think I can.
If I'd gotten an answer I would have tried to be objective.
Positive terryvirta
Petoskey, MI
April 26, 2016
I have had the pleasure of doing business with Mr Maple online and at the nursery in East Flat Rock, NC. Matt and Tim are extremely knowledgeable about their products. In addition they are friendly and extremely passionate about their business. If there were stars I would give them all provided.
Positive rdtjr05
Franklin, TN
March 22, 2016
Bought a Chionanthus retusus 'Yadkin Creeper' from them at the Nashville Lawn and Garden show recently. Interesting plant which I had never seen before. Their usual JM's all looked good at their booth. Recommended.
Positive tbuff
Nellysford, VA (Zone 6a)
March 22, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about this company and its owners. I have been a grower of rare plants for 30+ years and have done business with nurseries across the Unites States. Tim and Matt Nichols are a breath of fresh air in the plant world-two young men with a tremendous passion for what they do and a desire to please. In a world in which rare plant nurseries appear to be a dying breed, this company appears to be in it for the long haul. It takes guts. I have purchased numerous maples and ginkgo's from them and have always been pleased. Their stock is solid. When ordering plants, Tim and Matt have gone out of their way to accommodate. I have been a manager in Corporate America for many years and understand customer service. You will get it from this nursery. Tim and Matt are very professional and courteous. Beyond simply selling plants, they can give you the history behind individual cultivars. For those of us on the East Coast, especially the South and Mid Atlantic, this nursery gives us an advantage because their maple rootstock is well-suited for our climate. There is an interesting story behind this and I would encourage you to ask Tim or Matt, who can explain much better than I.
Negative Gardenplant
College Grove, TN
March 22, 2016
This company will not stand behind their plants. I bought several trees from this nursery. While most survived one did not. Less than 6 months after spending $85.00 (includes shipping) on a 3 gallon Japanese Maple it died. When I brought this to the attention of the nursey I was told they have no replacement policy. Be very careful purchasing from this nursery, you never know what you are going to get and they will not work with you if there is a problem. I will not be returning as a customer.
Positive kins02
Brooklyn, NY
May 1, 2014
Just purchased a "Japanese Sunrise" Japanese Maple from MrMaple. Bought the 3 gallon size. Shipping was fast and received a beautiful, healthy tree. Excellent price for this tree. The packaging was fantastic. Very pleased and high recommend.
Positive NCMstGardener
Columbus, NC
October 28, 2013
We are close enough that we can visit the nursery. Recently NC State professor Brice Lane featured it on his PBS show " In the Garden." After seeing the show we had to made a visit. We bought four trees (one very rare) and they were in great shape. When they say 1000 cultivars they mean it. It is simply overwhelming to see so many different maples. We found that Matt and Tim don't (can't) list all of their stock on their web site. Ask if you want something special. I think your odds are good that they will have it.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.