The scoop on 'Classic Groundcovers, Inc.'

Classic Groundcovers, Inc.

405 Belmont Road
Athens, Georgia 30605-4905 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-248-8424
Paper Catalog Cost: Free (commercial growers only)

Comments:

Positive coriaceous
ROSLINDALE, MA
February 4, 2014
I have ordered from Classic Groundcovers three times over the years. The latest was last spring. Service was extraordinary---prompt, professional, and accurate. Plants were healthy, fresh, well grown and packed, and all for much less than the local wholesaler. I only wish they offered a wider range of plants.

I have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.
Positive jhprince
Norfolk, VA
March 21, 2013
Classic Groundcovers provides the exceptional service of growing, packaging and shipping a great variety needed for busy landscape professionals like myself. When you need quick service and not a lot of wasteful pot size and dirt, these are the folks to go to. The value of their service far exceeds what I've experienced in local wholesaler's groundcover business, which is often not great in numbers and with bulky pots and dirt. I would say they- as with many, many nursery businesses I see and do business with in the South- are, and have been employing exceptional sustainable practices far ahead of the norm. (where picking on Southern agri. and land use practices in past and recent history, including my own SE Virginia, is common with those truly unfamiliar with the South) Lovely and personable customer service, and trustworthy.
Positive budgielover
Pinellas Park, FL (Zone 9b)
June 7, 2007
I just order the 50 noid hybrid daylily package and it arrived in less than a week. Plants arrived healthy and in good shape. Probably 3/4 were large daylily types and the rest appeared to be smaller varieties which I planted to the front. I bought these to complete a long area next to the public sidewalk in front of my house and I expect to see a nice display in the future. Probably the only thing I would have preferred to see is the roots wrapped in a moist medium with the rest of the plants in something drier like shredded paper instead of the whole thing shipped in a large plastic bag. I will definitely buy more soon to plants at my Mom's house.
On June 7th, 2007, budgielover added the following:

Sorry, this comment was meant for Classy Groundcovers.
Positive 4rose9
Arnold, MD
June 18, 2006
I placed my first order with Classy Groundcovers for for the wild flower, chrysogonum virginianum (green and gold), for a community rain garden. The potted plants arrived several days later in wonderful condition. They have been in the ground for several weeks and are already spreading on the berm where they are planted. I have shared my experience with some of my gardening friends about your service and great products. You provided what the major nurseries in the area did not have available. Thank you.
Positive bmr323
Sylacauga, AL
June 3, 2006
I have used Classic Groundcovers for many years. Regardless of the size of my order (Large or Small), I have always received courteous, prompt service, premium quality plant materials, and reasonable prices. I recommend them to all landscape and nursery people I know.
Bill R.- Sylacauga, Alabama
Positive pdkrones
Monroe, NC (Zone 7b)
June 11, 2003
I have ordered in quantity from this company off and on for many years. Their quality is good. Their prices are adequate for a wholesale source. If they occasionally ship a few week plants, or make a minor error, they cheerfully replace or credit them without difficulty. I continue to use them, and recommend them with the mild reservation that they may ship a slightly immature plant if their demand is high.
Positive alicef
PHILADELPHIA
United States
September 2, 2002
fast, friendly service- beautiful plants. their motto is "the home of sudden service"- and they are not kidding.