The scoop on 'Pushepetappa Gardens (formerly C&T Nursery)'

Pushepetappa Gardens (formerly C&T Nursery)

2317 Washington St
Franklinton, Louisiana 70438-2504 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

No positives

Comments:

Negative fitzgeoff
Baton Rouge, LA (Zone 8a)
April 11, 2002
Being a Southerner with an interest in Exbury azaleas I was eager to visit Pushepetappa Nursery which I found mentioned in Southern Living Garden Annual. The drive from Baton Rouge to this nursery was about an hour and a half and I needed directions, so I called the owner before I headed out. He told me it would be better to visit in 2 weeks as more azaleas would be in bloom. I was disappointed but decided to do as he suggested. So I planned on a trip in 2 weeks and several other gardener friends decided to join me. It was to be a real outing, checkbooks in hand. But being a little uneasy, I called the man again and this time he informed me he would be too busy with a tour to help us in any way and there was no one other than him to help (no one else on a Saturday!), so our expedition was cancelled. Needless to say we were very disappointed. I think this nurseryman is probably a good horticulturalist, but I'm sure he is a poor businessman. For those of us in the deep South desiring Exburies, I would recommend one of the Semmes, AL nurseries.