The scoop on 'Cal Dixie Iris Gardens'

Cal Dixie Iris Gardens

14115 Pear Street
Riverside, California 92508 (United States)

Fax: (951) 780-0168)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Company Comment, posted on October 21, 2002:

Comments:

Positive elmtreesue
Fayetteville, AR
June 24, 2009
Having lived about 20 miles from them, I have visited them in the past and received excellent help and advice for even a novice!

I purchased about 20 of their iris over time and have had excellent results. I brought them to AR with me and they continue to do great.

The weather or seasons do effect the rebloomers that I have. Only one has rebloomed here in Northwest Arkansas. It rebloomed in November! The rebloomers bloom beautifully as do the non-rebloomers in the spring. They rebloomed beautifully in CA.

Positive weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
April 20, 2005
I found out that Herb Holk, the owner of Cal-Dixie Iris Gardens passed away in February. I don't know what his wife Sara is doing but I sure hope she continues the garden for us. Herb was an inspiration for my iris garden of over 400 tall beardeds. He gave me alot of helpful information and advice and I'm sorry to say, I never ordered any rhizomes from him but sure was happy to visit his garden every year. I'm sure Herb is missed.
Positive irises4you4ever
April 7, 2003
I don't think Cal-Dixie is on-line. They are very reputable, I have ordered from them for 15 years. They ship excellent quality rhizomes and have been very accurate at sending properly marked named cultivars. They are great people too!
Positive JohnPoole
January 26, 2002
Rhizomes shipped were large.