The scoop on 'Garden Perennials'

Garden Perennials

85261 Hwy. 15
Wayne, Nebraska 68787 (United States)

Comments:

Positive PlainsWoman
Bennington, NE (Zone 4b)
May 2, 2007
I stumbled on to this company because I was fed up with scrawny, sometimes dead/moldy catalog order daylilies and went to Dave's to find a good daylily source. Lo! and behold, here was one 1 1/2 hours from home! I searched the website, e-mailed the owner, Gail Korn, back and forth several times, sent off my check and crossed my fingers.

I picked up my daylilies and assorted perennials today, May 2, 2007. (I could have had them mailed to me, but another nursery was close by that I wanted to visit and chose to pick up rather than have mailed.) I was 1/2 hour earlier than my estimated arrival, and all the plants hadn't been dug yet; that's how fresh they are! When I planted my daylilies this evening, I couldn't help but compare how large these were, in comparison to the 2 year old plants I have from other mail order sources. Most had 2 fans; some had 4 fans. All plant parts were abundantly healthy and vigorous. (Check the catalog to see how the prices compare!)

Other perennials came in 1 gallon pots; these are the *same* perennials I saw in other catalogs for a higher price in 3" pots. A wildflower that I purchased in a 3" pot is one I can't buy anywhere else, but had been dug from the owner's gardens that morning.

To top it off, since the daylilies were bareroot, and I felt should plant them immediately, I went out this evening and planted - and found a BONUS plant! Darn, I have to make another label. :)

I'm supposed to be concise - sorry I'm going on and on, but it's so nice to get such great service and value that I feel that the good guys should get some great press!
Positive memabetty
Walnut, KS (Zone 6a)
October 26, 2006
After reading the comments on this company, I e-mailed it and almost immediately received a reply. Gail answered my questions and was most helpful. I placed an order and was very impressed with the plants I received. They were the best I had ever gotten from a mail order company. I intend to order more plants in the spring. Thanks, Gail, for the help and the great plants.

Betty in Kansas
Positive keyi
Yukon, OK (Zone 7b)
August 31, 2006
Gail was great at email communication, the daylily fans sent were very healthy looking. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Thank you Gail, I look forward to getting more daylilies from you in the future.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
June 18, 2006
I ordered 10 daylilies from Gail. They were sent promptly, with a nice bonus. The divisions were very large, and in excellent condition. Gail was very helpful in helping me find what I was looking for. In addition she is a wonderful person to correspond with. It's really nice to have a personal touch when dealing with a mail order company. She sent me a catalogue, and they have a good selection of spuria iris which I'm very interested, plus many other perennials. I would highly recommend this business.

Polly Kinsman
Positive Naberends
Hudsonville, MI (Zone 5b)
May 12, 2006
I ordered a large number of daylilies from Garden Perennials. They arrived in excellent shape at the time I had requested them with a couple bonuses thrown in! I will be a repeat customer here!
Positive daylilylady
March 13, 2003
I absolutely love this place!! Very reasonable and VERY good, large plants. I have only bought daylilies from Gail, but I am sure all the other plants she has are very good. I live about 3 hrs from her and have both gone to the nursery and ordered through the mail. I would highly recommend this company.
Positive 2of5
October 13, 2002
I've bought daylilies and perennials from Garden Perennials for over ten years. Owner Gail Korn is reputable as well as personable, and she is a very experienced grower who happily shares her knowledge with others. Gail's plants are well grown and healthy. Gail "tells it like it is" about what she sells. For example, Gail lists Euphorbia 'Orangeman' which has happily (and beautifully) naturalized in a contained area of my backyard around daylilies and other sturdy perennials. Gail thoroughly warned me up front about how aggressive E. 'Orangeman' is before she sold me the plants. Although I live about three hours away from Gail, I like to annually visit Garden Perennials to see Gail's gorgeous blooming hill covered with daylilies, perennials, and wildflowers artistically planted in display beds easily viewed from wide paths. Each time I visit I see and learn something new. If you're looking for daylilies and perennials, I enthusiastically recommend Gail's Garden Perennials as an excellent source.
Positive egee123
October 10, 2002
I have ordered plants from GARDEN PERENIALS for over 5 years. I've always recieved good healthy plants. If for some reason there is a problem, Gail Korn sends a new one without asking for you to send the old one back, and there is no questions. Last summer got interested in DAYLILIES, this summer I spent way over one thousand dollars at GARDEN PERENIALS for daylilies. Gail is honest reliable and always ready to answer your questions, no matter how silly you think they are. I am always e-mailing her about something and 99% of the time she gets back to me the same day. I know that anyone that uses GARDEN PERENIALS will be more then satisfied just as I am