The scoop on 'Horn Canna Farm'

Horn Canna Farm

Route 1, Box 94
Carnegie, Oklahoma 73015 (United States)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive spoutingdoctor
United States
November 18, 2013
Their cannas are very nice. I am happy with how they arrived and grew this year. Just got to make sure I dig them and store them in time and not let them get frozen. Would be a shame to forget to dig them.
Negative khaywood
Aloha, OR
September 4, 2011
I ordered 33 bulbs last spring. Horn was generous and sent 1-3 extras of each of the 9 varieties I ordered. Unfortunately, every single one of them is infected with the virus. At least 1/3 of them didn't come up at all. Of the ones that did a lot are stunted. Every one of them has discolored leaves. I would never buy from Horn again. I'm just glad I didn't have any healthy cannas already or they would have been infected by the disease Horn sent me.
Negative smontgomery
CHARLESTON AFB, SC
August 4, 2011
My mom has been ordering from here for years and last year I talked to her and how I wanted more "wow" in my garden, (I already had some cannas, but wanted more colors) she told me about Horn Canna farm. I was sooo excited to order from here, I spent nearly $40.00!! I planted them and waited....they started coming up and no blooms, nothing, notta...finally the tall ones started to bloom...they looked AWFUL!!! They were definetly deformed, I understand the virus is out there, but I have had to tear all my cannas out, even the ones I have had it myself for a year already, they were really fragile like, the small cannas didn't even bloom once, the tall ones....Oh my, they looked horrible, I wanted to cry, So needless to say I need to start all over again, but I am afraid b/c what if that virus is still in my soil even though I have tore everything out....I am just sick to my stomach....just becareful of being too much, maybe start off small and see what you get....
Positive jamesleaser
Houston, TX
January 27, 2011
Horn Canna Farm is very good.Their products are of high quality and produce real results.Selection and service sre top notch.
James
Neutral riosamba
Marlboro, NJ
November 20, 2009
Posted on May 24, 2009, updated November 19, 2009
I have received three orders from Horn Canna Farm and their merchandise is better than any cannas I have purchased over the years. Their tubers are large and all have at least three eyes as advertised. If you are going to buy cannas this is the best place I know of so far. Their prices are fantastic and they ship very quickly.
On November 20th, 2009, riosamba changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Many of the cannas that I purchased from Horn also did not grow. I know it wasn't where the rhizomes were planted as other cannas from another company did grow in the same part of my garden.
Negative griffinpd
Sherman, TX (Zone 7b)
May 30, 2009
I totally agree with all the good things and great reviews that I read about Horn's Canna BUT only 10 of my 18 Miss Oklahoma Cannas came up and the ones that did are sickly and stunted. (Yeah, I know they say they can't be responsible because of growing conditions, etc).
Of the 18 City of Portlands that I planted it is very obvious that are probably infected with "some" virus, they are definitely sick. I love my cannas. I am in a dilemma now. Do I destroy the other 180 - 200 plants of 14 different varieties?
I attempted to contact Horn's thru their web site but there was somekind of connection problem with their web site.
Positive gumby2bonnie
Groton, NY
May 8, 2009
Delivered when promises. Nice Big Bulbs. Great customer service. Nice poster came with order describing canna bulb with picture of each type for referance.
Positive PamelaQ
Navarre, FL (Zone 8b)
February 19, 2009
I received my order yesterday and am very pleased with the size of the bulbs. Each were bagged seperately with a pictorial tag. Very nice!
Pam
Positive kenthomas
Portland, OR
January 20, 2009
Horn Canna Farms URL is now http://www.cannas.net/.

They've been great people to work with.
Positive narrowminded
Munith, MI
June 3, 2008
Top of the line, great prices, generous plants, shipped in good condition - Can't do better for cannas, only wish the selection included more bronze and red-leaf varieties.
Positive sunandstar
Holly Springs, NC (Zone 7a)
May 8, 2008
We placed an order in February with Horn Canna Farm. All the bulbs except one sent out shoots. We contacted Horn Canna Farm, for the one which did not survive. They replaced the one we lost. We highly recommend this company for huge canna bulbs for a very reasonable price.
Positive atprocks
Piscataway, NJ
May 2, 2008
I had orderd 20 Canna tubers in Jan and they all arrived late april. Tubers were really big and I have planted them right away following their instructions. Now I wait to see how they turn out this summer. Overall Im extremely pleased with their service.
On May 28th, 2008, atprocks added the following:

Whoohoo !! Most of the 20 Black knight bulbs have sent out shoots. Can't wait for them to grow the rest of the season.
On July 28th, 2008, atprocks changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Almost all the tubers have grown about 2-3 feet but none of them have started blooming yet and we are almost in the end of July. Just wanted to make sure if they bloom during their first year.?
I live in Jersey and I'll have to dig up the tubers in fall and start over again next year.
On July 31st, 2008, atprocks changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Positive colliwobbles
(Jana) Shoreline, WA (Zone 8a)
April 27, 2008
The cannas I ordered last year turned out great, so I can't wait to see how this year's order does.

Their prices are very reasonable too.
Positive karyn1
Silver Spring, MD
March 21, 2008
I placed an order in late Jan and specified a delivery date in late March. They sent an email when my order was shipped along with the tracking number. The bulbs look healthy. Their prices were great and shipping was very reasonable as well.
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
February 22, 2008
This is exactly what a good mail order transaction looks like: communication was accurate and timely. I was sent an email receipt for my order, and emailed when the order was shipped. The rhizomes are large, heavy and healthy. Prices were absurdly low: I ordered several additional rhizomes as a surprise gift for a gardener down the street.
Positive juliechmiel
Florence, KY
November 9, 2007
Awesome - in ever respect!
The tubers are huge and packed nicely - shipped fast and I cannot tell you how gorgeous my flowers were this year... not to mention that they all multiplied so much I was laughing as I attempted to lift them from the ground this fall - they were too heavy!!! :)
Customer service is WONDERFUL as well and the nicest people I have dealt with - and affordable products as well.
I sent them a note but thought it would be appropriate to publish for others to see and to know this is one company you cannot go wrong with.
Thanks again to Horn's for a great season of growing and many more to come!

On May 2nd, 2008, juliechmiel added the following:

Another wonderful shipment from Horn's! AND all my harvest from last year survived in my storage area and is sprouting in my garden as I write. I love doing business with Nicki and her team and highly recommend them to everyone - they make growing these so easy and fun!
Positive Plantmania_216
Marietta, OH
May 5, 2007
I highly recommend this company! The roots I received were HUGE and they are growing vigorously! I had requested that they ship them ahead of schedule because I wanted to get an early start in my basement & they did. If the flowers are anything near the quality of the roots, they will be gorgeous! I can't wait until they bloom and would highly recommend this company! Everything was well labeled, too. I'm so glad I found this website which enabled me to find this wonderful company!
Positive lilygrower
Indianapolis, IN
April 26, 2007
If I could give this company more than a positive I would. When I opened my box just a minute ago the first thing that I said was "you've got to be kidding me!" I have NEVER seen such HUGE cannas! HUGE is an understatement. These guys all have eyes already and I am sure that they are going to be amazing in bloom. All I can say is THANK YOU and I will NEVER order cannas from anyone else!
Positive Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA (Zone 8a)
April 26, 2007
Pleased as peaches! Huge LIVE rhizomes & well packaged. Didn't take no time at all for them to put up new shoots. They were ready to sprout up new shoots because Horn's sent live, not dormant cannas! Almost feel guilty paying so little per rhizome too. The folks there Horn's Canna Farm wrote the book on customer care as well.
Positive JanetS
Braselton, GA (Zone 7b)
FIVE STAR QUALITY AND SERVICE

I cannot say enough about this company. Their customer service is outstanding. The quality of the their Canna Tubers is beyond anything I have ever ever seen, and I have purchased from many sources. The prices they have are absolutely the best prices of any Canna growers anywhere.

I ran a co-op with the Horn Canna Farm here on DG. Nikki and family were incredible to work with for all of us! We ordered more that 900 Tubers from their company, and every customer in our Co-op was extremely pleased with the tubers they received.

They sent out the fattest and largest tubers I have ever gotten from any company. Before you pay (even five dollars) for a tuber from another company, you should place an order with this one, I promise, you will NEVER buy canna anywhere else!

Thank you Horn Canna Farm and Nikki and family for a wonderful experience! Everything went just as smoothly as possible. Thank you for shipping for shipping to us, and making this a dream of a co-op!

JanetS
Positive Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC (Zone 7b)
April 24, 2007
Great prices, shipping was just as reported.

These rhizomes were the BIGGEST I've bought from anyone! Can't wait till they bloom!
Positive ChrisAnne
Newtown, PA
April 6, 2007
The tubers are good-sized and healthy, the service fast and efficient--I can't wait to get them in the ground. If only the weather would cooperate!
Positive Lhouselover
Arley, AL (Zone 7a)
March 29, 2007
They are FAST and very nice in replying to emails!
I received my order less than 10 days ago and I have them in pots and all are showing GROWTH. The rhizomes are nice size and received date was as promised.
I look forward to purchasing more from them.
Positive planta_gardener
Greenwood, AR
March 28, 2007
I am very pleased with this nursery. I ordered there twice. Shipping was fast and I discovered several rhizomes extra! Rhizomes are 5 times larger than in any other canna place. Customer service fast and very friendly. Five stars!
Positive imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA (Zone 9a)
September 3, 2006
I ordered from these folks 2 years ago; I was vary because their prices were so much lower than anyplace else I had looked. The bulbs arrived, looking really good, and I planted them in pots for a while so I could monitor. Some of them were too large to fit in gallon-size containers! I transplanted, and they've been either in the ground or in larger containers for the past year and a half. I have been extremely pleased with how they've done, and just placed another order with them. Although they don't have a huge selection, they have a nice variety of heights and colors. One of my favorites is a dwarf that bloomed for the first time this year called Journey's End. It's lovely. The Praetoria I ordered from them have grown so much I've had to divide them. I think you can't go wrong with these folks. No frills, but you get good quality stock at a great price.
Positive mpabbott1
(Mary) Poway, CA (Zone 10a)
August 20, 2006
Great service and very healthy! They've grown out beautifully. I'll be back for more next year!
Positive grannymarsh
Marquette, MI (Zone 5a)
May 20, 2006
Big, fresh, plump tubers. Each variety is packaged separately. The prices are reasonable. The company ships when they say they will. Will order from them again.
Positive Debsroots
Northwest, MO (Zone 5a)
April 15, 2006
Wonderful Cannas. I ordered 20 cannas and was amazed at the wonderful tubers when the order arrived. The cannas were huge, each variety was labeled and placed in their own bag, and they even sent extras of most that I ordered. Most definitely order from them again. Very pleased.
Positive WUVIE
Hulbert, OK (Zone 7a)
March 30, 2006
An absolutely wonderful company to deal with.

I've placed many Canna order from various sources
this spring, and I must say, if you are looking for
quality Canna, this is THE place to shop.

Their prices are very low, which
I assumed meant smaller tubers. Oh, so wrong.

The tubers are large, obviously healthy and shipped
properly, a big plus when mail ordering. No half-baked
sale with these people. Needed or not, instructions,
details, tips and more are included with your order.

Very friendly emails, prompt attention to questions
posted on the site.

As soon as I opened the box I knew I would not only
be back to order more, but would do so as soon as
I could plant the first order.

Top choice quality company with a product they
know and can stand behind. After all, the family
has grown Canna for generations, it's obvious
they truly know what they are doing.

A+ quality all the way.
Positive sweet_whitney
Tucson, AZ (Zone 8b)
March 19, 2006
Horn Canna Farm has the best prices I've ever seen for cannas. They also have a wide selection of pink cannas that are hard to find elsewhere. I placed my order and they arrived in less than a week! All of the corms were huge and freshly dug up. I can't believe I ever paid more for shriveled corms at my local nurseries! I will definately order from them again.
Positive elorasmom
Princeton, TX (Zone 8a)
March 18, 2006
If you are shopping for Cannas, you have to go here first!! I bought over 200 this year and several hundred the previous 2 years!! All are vigorously growing!! They have unbelievably reasonable prices too!! I always get more than I order.

All Cannas are in wonderful shape upon receipt, not the dried up pieces that nurseries have... These are straight from their fields to you... No middle man, no drying out. I absolutely would not buy Cannas anywhere else if they have the variety you are looking for at HORN!!!
Positive berrygirl
Braselton, GA (Zone 7b)
October 31, 2005
I participated in a canna co-op at DG and rec'd some unsatisfactory [rotten] cannas that didn't grow. I contacted the company and they have GRACIOUSLY offered to replace those cannas. I now believe that the rotten cannas I rec'd were not their fault at all. I am so impressed by their help to me that I am placing a "regular" order with them in the near future. They have a new and happy customer!!
On April 6th, 2006, berrygirl added the following:

Today I rec'd the replacement cannas and I am amazed at how huge and fresh they are!! These folks went way beyond their duty to help me out and I am so pleased with their kindness. I cannot wait to grow these cannas and show pix to everyone. The Horn family have got my canna business!
Positive srgerrish
Helena, GA
August 15, 2005
I have ordered from Horn Canna Farm for the past 3 years.
I have consistently received excellent quality rhizomes and my order is always filled correctly. Bulbs are also correctly labelled with the correct color, unlike Wal- Mart where you have no idea what color you are getting.
Positive JLD_II
Olathe, KS (Zone 6a)
April 25, 2005
I just received 7 different cannas varieties from Horn cannas and they all look excellent! They haven't been planted here yet, I just wanted to comment on how my order looked when delivered. I was scared when FedEx dropped off the box as it had a large hole poked right in the side of the box and was plenty big enough for product to fall out. Luckily everything was still inside and intact. FedEx said the hole in the box was due to handling and not something Horn did wrong.
I can't wait to get them in the ground and see how they do when flowering. We can't wait.
Positive calliecam
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 6a)
April 14, 2005
My 1st order from Horn's arrived an amazing 5 days after being placed. The 30 canna rhizomes are incredibly large, fresh, robust and healthy, carefully packaged and labeled, and so low priced, it's unbelievable! Customer service was excellent and shipping also was very reasonable. I would recommend this site to every canna lover out there, they are just great!
I will definitely be a repeat customer! Horn's has done everything just perfectly and I couldn't be more pleased!
Positive eyekode
Apex, NC
March 18, 2005
I ordered 15 Rhizomes from Horn Canna Farm last fall. They arrived just at the right time to plant this year. They are probably 3-5 times larger than the ones available locally and they are in great shape. There are also way way cheaper than available locally. They were packaged with clear labels telling me which variety each set is, which is great considering how cheap they are. Thanks Horn Canna Farm!
Positive c2garden
Virginia Beach, VA
February 28, 2005
I ordered the $20 required min. order on 2/23 and received the order on 2/28! The rhizomes are wonderful, big, and healthy. I was surprised by the size of the rhizomes for the price! I purchased a few other cannas from another vendor and was thrilled with those but Horn Canna Farm gets my business from now on because they have a better selection and great prices! You just can't beat $1.00-$1.50 per rhizomes. As soon as my Father is ready for me to landscape his yard I will be ordering more cannas from Horn Canna Farm. Good Job and I will be back!
Positive maryanne531
August 6, 2004
The varieties to choose from was great and the roots received were first class. My cannas from Horn Canna Farm continue to spread robustly even though I give away the extras to my friends every year. I had such a good experience with Horn Canna Farm that I would encourage you to choose them first.
Positive jimmy231
March 26, 2004
This is a first class operation all the way.
A large selection to cloose from, very reasonable prices, a small minium order, great photos of what they offer, and they follow through on their promised shipping dates.(shipped on Monday arrived on Thursday.) I was very pleased not only with the large HEALTHY rezimes I received but with the personal attention I recieved concerning questions about shipping. I look forward to doing business with this company in the future Thanks Nikki!!!
Positive earthling
Rowlett, TX (Zone 8a)
March 19, 2004
Great company to do business with, I was VERY happy with the size and condition of the(hmmm) rhizomes..(is that what they are called??) ANyway, I ordered them last fall with delivery of March 15, they arrived March 17th and in exceptional condition..Couldn't have asked for anything better. IF I find room, I will be ordering more.