The scoop on 'LilyBLOOMS Aquatic Gardens'

LilyBLOOMS Aquatic Gardens

932 South Main St
North Canton, Ohio 44720 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-921-0005
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Negative mgscutter
westport
United States
September 1, 2014
Neutral genielassie
Cuba, NY
May 6, 2010
I ordered a pond plant collection from LilyBLOOMS in April 2010. I recieved no confirmation email for my order and I have not recieved my plants. I went to the site and send a message through the "contact us" feature... no reply.

So, I checked my credit card statement to see if the order had been billed and the $91.00 charge had been posted. I tried to contact them again without response. LilyBLOOMS has recieved payment, but I have not recieved my plants or even so much as an email from the company.

The website says that the company is having technological difficulties, so I am posting only a neutral for now. However, I assume that my order must have gotten through their website before these problems in order for my account to have been charged already.

I will return to change this rating when I find out how this will turn out.
Positive jnaakins
Othello, WA
April 22, 2009
I have read that LilyBlooms is affiliated with Pond Plants Direct (which I have gone through and wasn't very happy with) but I just received my order today and I wanted to leave feedback. The plants arrived here healthy and robust, and were of good specimen. I did get an email tracking the shipment also, which was great. The only thing I have to say I was disappointed by was that I ordered on April 5th and when I didnt get an email or the plants almost 2 weeks later, I finally emailed the company. I received a reply shortly after (which I appreciated) saying they still had my order and it was scheduled to ship out the 20th or 28th (weather permitting) and if I wanted it shipped earlier, they would send it right away but it would void the plant gurantee. I said I would like it sent right away. I was surprised when he told me that, so I searched their catalogue and website looking for any information stating that they shipped plants at certain times due to weather, but found none. That was my only "complaint" if I had one- they should probably state somewhere that plants aren't always shipped after purchase. I can see not sending them in winter, but by April, I would have thought it was safe to ship, and I was disappointed to have to wait till almost May.
Negative reynaldo2000
Loveland, OH
July 22, 2008
This company is affilitated with Pond Plants Direct, a fraudulent company. I would not trust Lilyblooms with my order, they appear to be protecting their partner in not giving any information.

When I called , the man was very rude, would not assist me, so I will therefore never order from them. I would suggest all buyers beware of dealing with either Pond Plant Direct .com or Lilyblooms, they appear to be very shady.
Positive revclaus
(Judith) Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
May 23, 2007
I just discovered LilyBlooms this year. I only have a small container water garden. I ordered a hardy dwarf water lily back in early April asking for a mid-May delivery. Bob didn't see the request to send it mid-May, so it arrived within two days of ordering. You can imagine how surprised I was. I emailed him and he apologized for missing the date to send. He said he'd send another at the proper time, and he did. I was thrilled with the plant.

I ordered all my water garden plants from LilyBlooms, and they all arrived today in perfect shape. They were in 2" pots, but the web site clearly says they'll be shipped that way, so I expected it. All the plants look extremely healthy. I'll transplant them all tomorrow, and report back at the end of the season. So far I'm happy with them, and I'll order again.
Positive Nan
SW, WI (Zone 4b)
December 20, 2006
Plant was smaller than I expected....BUT, it was shipped incredibly fast, was very healthy and was packaged very well.

Also received a phone call stating that it would be shipped right away, so I'd know to expect it - I feel that's great service.

I've had the variegated Cyperus alternifolius for two weeks, and it has suffered NO shock whatsoever. It even has new growth appearing.
I had been diligently searching for this to no avail until I found LilyBlooms.

I'm very pleased.
Positive joeyb5980
Cottageville, WV
May 23, 2006
I am happy with my order from LilyBlooms. I ordered the following:

Floating hearts- nice plant for the price
Water clover- nice for the price
Aquatic Mint- very large well established plant
Azolla- nice amount- mixed with alot of duckweed
Water Poppy- Another nice size plant with buds
Horsetail rush- decent size
Sensitive plant- kind of puny for the cost
Cardinal flower- another nice size plant

Shipping was very fast, and I would be inclined to order again. Plants were also packed well.
Neutral vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
May 6, 2005
Plants sent to me were healthy & good-looking; however, the most expensive plant was packed poorly so 3 -5 stems arrived broken. Since I paid a good amount for shipping I figured I was entitled to complain about lack of thoroughness in packing. Owner, Bob, was polite and said he would send me another one immediately, which he did. However, that one was broken, too. On the first one they took 15 seconds to pack, on the 2nd one, 20 seconds. I called him again the first thing I told him was that I DID NOT want another plant but since he was so responsive to me, I thought I owed him to tell him that this plant was broken also. This time he sounded annoyed. Too bad. I wish he would have taken it as constructive criticism so that he could resolve shipping problems. There is no excuse for these plants to have arrived broken, other than lack of diligence.

In summary, plants were good, shipping bad. Doubtful if I will buy again.
Neutral SusanMichelle
Brownsburg, IN
February 10, 2003
I have to agree that their marginals are small...small...small, but I did get a good deal on anacharis and trapdoor snails. The Snails were HUGE!
Kind of a split decision here.
Neutral mikejan
Staten Island, NY
June 16, 2002
They ship their plants with a tiny root system in a tiny pot. As soon as you plant them they try to tip over, especially the Lobelia cardinalis which has too much top growth. It has not grown at all since I received it, probably because it has to grow roots to support all that top growth. The plants I ordered are still alive (hence neutral vs negative) but not my plant supplier of choice.
On May 7th, 2004, mikejan added the following:

Rating remains neutral.

BTW, that lobelia grew beautifully until racoons yanked it out of its container.

However, last year I received mislabled plants. Never did find out what they were are none of them grew worth a darn nor flowered. They died over the winter.

Their plantsman was very nice about the whole thing, but my rating stands. I no longer use them.
Positive jlarson777
April 1, 2000
I ordered from Lilyblooms in 1999 and was well pleased. I'll be a return customer. Plants and products were good quality.