The scoop on 'Global Gardens'

Global Gardens

26820 Hwy 169
Zimmerman, Minnesota 55398 (United States)

Comments:

Positive WormFarm
Milaca, MN (Zone 3b)
May 27, 2007
A real pleasure to visit this nursery. Their gardens are a delight to stroll. They have hundreds of hostas, categorized by size. Prices are very reasonable. The owners are super helpful, knowlegable and will go out of their way to obtain a special plant for you if it is at all possible. This nursery is about 20 miles from me, so I make several trips each season. The have a huge hosta sale at the end of the season, don't miss it!
I'd also like to say that I believe it is ridiculous to change a positive rating to a neutral one just because their website wasn't updated. From personal experience I know it's slow, tedious work to do this oneself, and expensive to hire someone else to do it. It doesn't change the fact that Global Gardens has a wonderful selection of plants at good prices.
Positive hermana
Zimmerman, MN
April 19, 2007
I bought 6 different hostas from them last summer. My plants did very well and you can see by looking at their selection the plants are top quality! Very nice people too.
Positive hostages
Wyoming, MN
December 21, 2006
It takes about an hour for me to drive to Global Gardens. The trip is always very worthwhile. The Hosta selection is great. The owners are very easy and friendly to deal with. Steve makes every effort to obtain plants.that I am looking for. Last season he even came up with a heuchera that I had been looking for. Prices are reasonable.
Positive zorba
Lake George, MN (Zone 3a)
July 18, 2006
Having read several references to Global Gardens in gardening publications, I was fortunate enough to find myself in the area and made a visit a top priority! The WOW factor really hits you! As you drive in, it's almost a visual over-load with the riot of color and the carefully thought-out lay out of the gardens. I was looking for a particular perennial that I had sought all summer. I had found it at several other garden centers, but greatly over-priced! I was amazed to find it at 50% less than the other places. It was in perfect health and much larger than others I had seen. Because it was a slow and very hot Monday morning, the owner, Debbie, had time
to talk with us. Her knowledge and certainly her enthusiasm,
guarantee you'll leave with more than you planned. I will be returning!!. The display gardens alone are worth the trip and
show evidence of a very creative eye for design and color.
Neutral Von
Ironton, MN
June 3, 2002
Great plants! I have bought about 65 different hostas from them and all have done well. They have all the latest, and all are big healthy plants. A fun place to go, and great sales twice a year.
On March 13th, 2005, Von changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Altho the above remains true, their site is still 2002 and it is 2005.