The scoop on 'Hammond's Acres of Rhodys'

Hammond's Acres of Rhodys

70th Ave NE
Arlington, Washington 98223 (United States)

Phone: n/a
Fax: n/a

Editor's Comment:
Closed Sept, 2009

As per a note from a viewer, Hammond's Acres has closed.

Comments:

Positive floria
Athens, GA (Zone 8a)
May 1, 2008
Since I have no experience with growing rhododendrons, I asked Joan to help me pick out 8 plants based upon my growing conditions, etc. She was extremely helpful and very patient. The plants were shipped very fast. They arrived in excellent condition, and they are beautiful. One of them was missing from the order, but Joan sent it as soon as I contacted her. Their prices are quite reasonable for the size and condition of the plants, even including shipping to the East Coast. I will buy from this company again.
Positive juanwillis
Winchester, MA (Zone 6a)
October 31, 2007
I bought five 5-year-old rhododendrons from Hammonds this past year and was very pleased with the size and health of each. The root balls were quite a bit more sizable than those I received from two other well-reviewed rhododendron suppliers I bought from this year. Plus they all bloomed beautifully! The prices are reasonable even when you include shipping, plus the Hammonds were very friendly on the phone. Recommended!
Positive re_dodson
Ojai, CA (Zone 9a)
June 11, 2007
I bought four Gibraltar azaleas from Hammond's over two years ago. The plants I received were larger than advertised (3 to 4 feet tall), and they arrived quickly and in excellent condition. They are growing vigorously and have bloomed well for two seasons. I need to replace a couple of other azaleas, so I hope to order from them again in the near future. I would strongly recommend this nursery to anyone who is interested in rhododendrons and azaleas.
Positive jaimewillmann
O Fallon, IL (Zone 6a)
March 30, 2006
A first time Rhody grower, I asked them to help me pick out the plants based upon my needs. They shipped them timely. They arrived in perfect condition, and they are the most beautiful rhododendrons I have ever seen. They are full, lush and amazing. I will buy from this company again. The plants were even better than I could have imagined. Reccommend to anyone.
Positive declfi
Fenton, MO (Zone 6b)
November 26, 2005
Awesome plants /Service and People. You Can not go wrong Here.
Positive dfitz
Fenton, MO
February 9, 2003
I have bought aleast 50 rhododendrons from the Hammonds. There great people and have great plants . You can not go wrong here.
Positive Canescens
May 26, 2002
Living on the East coast, I have ordered from this West coast nursery for hard to find rhododendron hybrids. Well packaged plants, delivered in a timely fashion.
Positive donolyn
May 7, 2002
Since I live within an hour of Hammond's, I don't use mail order. But I can tell you that Dave and his wife have a great nursery with a larger selection of rhodys than anyone else I know. They are also great people.