The scoop on 'Harmony Farm Supply & Nursery'

Harmony Farm Supply & Nursery

3244 Hwy.116 North
Sebastopol, California 95472 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Company Comment, posted on October 11, 2002:
Harmony Farm Supply was founded in 1980 by Kate Burroughs and David Henry, originally as a supplier of organic fertilizers, ecological pest controls and IPM monitoring tools. We added irrigation system components in 1982, moved to a warehouse in 1983 and to our current space in 1990.

We believe that people want to eat food grown without the use of poisons and toxic chemicals. Further, we believe that food, flowers, ornamentals, and lawns can be grown organically without the use of toxic materials and have been helping people do just that for over 20 years. Whether you are a farmer or a gardener, we are here to answer your questions on how to grow plants organically, and to help you be successful.

You can request a free copy of our catalog at http://www.harmonyfarm.com or call (707) 823-9125. You can also visit our web site for information on our products and purchasing through our secure online catalog. As you look through our catalog, you will note we do not sell any synthetically compounded pesticides or fertilizers. With a very few exceptions, which we have tried to note, we do not sell materials which do not meet the California Organic Foods Act or the National Organic Program. We make every effort to stock materials which are approved for use by organic farmers by the Organic Materials Review Institute. We participate in the Safe Seed Pledge and assure you that we will not knowingly buy or sell genetically engineered plants or seeds.

We believe that efficient use of water is very important and strive to provide proper design for drip and sprinkler irrigation systems. We are committed to selling quality products and backing them up with service. We have found in the long run it makes no sense to use a lower priced but poorly made tool or piece of equipment that quickly breaks and needs replacement. We have selected materials which meet our high standard of excellence for doing the job right. If you are not pleased with anything you purchase from us, we would appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to make it right.

We have found our best advertising to be the word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. In this age of warehouse shopping where you are lucky to get someone to take your money, much less help you, we are dedicated to providing individualized service by trained staff.

If you are in the area, please stop by and visit us. We are open every day (except major holidays), Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. (winter hours).

If we can be of service, please let us know. We are here to help.

Comments:

Neutral trioadastra
Ellsworth, WI (Zone 4a)
June 9, 2008
I placed an order online for a total of $48.49. The estimated shipping charges were ZERO, but there was a line stating it was an estimate and I would receive a phone call or email for special circumstances. Now, I realize shipping a ten pound bag of Sluggo will cost more than nothing, but the reason I ordered from this company instead of another one was I figured if the shipping was more than what was estimated, I would get a call or an email before they proceeded, and I would be able to make a final decision before they charged my card. Imagine my surprise when my card was debited for $65.50! There is a big difference to me between $0 and $17! When I discovered this, I phoned the company to see if they could just cancel my order. The first person I spoke to said she would check into finding out who put my order through without email authorization from me about the shipping charges, and she would call me back. After waiting 3 hours, I called again, and the next person told me that they are also running a store and she probably hadn't gotten around to it yet. I asked to pass on the message that I was calling again with regards to my order and I expected a return call. Needless to say, I haven't received that return phone call yet. I arrived home to find the package on my doorstep. I will say in their behalf, that the order processing is fairly swift. Yet, now I have the package and am out $17 for shipping because it is obviously too late to cancel my order, and my hostas are screaming for slug protection so I won't be returning it. I will not, however, be purchasing anything from this company again. I expect honesty from companies I give my money to, and I don't consider shipping in the dark a very respectable practice.
On June 10th, 2008, trioadastra changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Okay, I did get a call back today, and it seems my order just happened to be the one the website screwed up on.... They did offer to refund me the shipping charges, and were very polite and apologetic. I understand the technical glitches that happen with online ordering, I just hate it when I;m on the receiving end! Given the fact that they were great about resolving the issue, I'm changing my rating, but if I order from them in the future, it will be by phone.
Positive eztrails
August 6, 2004
I have purchased many gardening products from this company over the years and have never had a problem. The products are fine and the service is grest. Check them out!
Positive phishy
June 7, 2004
Excellent service. If they are out of an item they call to let you know right away. Shipping is fast, they have a great selection of products for growers. On-line ordering is limited. You really need their catalog.
Positive steffe
March 24, 2004
This company is great. The staff is friendly and helpful, shipping is fast. Product categories are extensive. I recently recieved a broken jug and I called them up. The replacement was sent out immediatley. They have my business!
Positive vegman
January 4, 2004
I've been buying from Harmony Farms for years. They are dedicated to what they do and it shows! They have a great selection of cover crops.
Positive brett45
November 22, 2003
Staff is helpful, shipping is fast and they have a great collection of organic growing goods. I recommend them highly to all gardeners.
Positive silverstar
October 19, 2003
Harmony Farm has excellent service and fast shipping. Product selection is vast. The folks that work there are helpful and nice as they can be. I have been ordering from them for many years now.

Thanks GDW for a place where we can rate the good and the bad companies. Such an essential resource for our fellow gardeners.
Positive holisticgardene
July 26, 2003
A good mailorder company with fast delivery and nice product choices. I've been a customer for 3 years now and will continue on.
Positive oster
July 21, 2003
Great company. Product selection is awesome, staff is friendly and they really go out of the way for the customer. Need I say more? I think not.
Positive Greatsantini
June 14, 2003
I get all my irrigation specialty gadgets from them. They have great prices, are friendly and ship fast. I have been a customer for over 5 years now and nary a complaint.

Greg
Positive drmulch
June 13, 2003
Alas, I now live three thousand miles away. How I miss shopping at this great nursery. Only place I've ever found which sells six-packs of perennials--what a great idea. Good little plants, well started, perfectly suited for those of us who want to stuff in every plant we can! They have a great selection of plants, including trees and shrubs, and the staff is knowledgeable and interested in talking with you.
Positive spudnik
March 18, 2003
Excellent place for mailorder garden supplies. I have been buying from them for 8 years now. I have NEVER been disappointed. Great customer service too.

Nick the "spudnik" man
Positive hopflower
Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9a)
January 13, 2003
It is a real treat to walk into their store, as well as pick up one of their very informative catalogues. No one is too busy to talk to you about a plant or product, and they have the most charming little "bookstore" in there now. Any questions cn be answered by telephone too; so if you are looking for service, you have come to the right place.
Positive strawboss
December 3, 2002
Harmony Farms is a great place to order from. They are friendly, helpful and the shipping is very prompt. Fair prices too!
Positive maybell
October 27, 2002
Wonderful products and personal service. Harmony Farms is, simply put- a costomer oriented business. They go out of their way to help you!
Positive TomatoKing
August 29, 2002
Harmony farms is an excellent source for any kind of irrigation system, they really know their stuff. Good prices and fast shipping!
Positive Ruth2
January 30, 2002
Very rapid and helpful service--order usually arrives within 1-2 days. Excellent choice of products.