The scoop on 'Coburg Planting Fields'

Coburg Planting Fields

573 E. 600 North
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383-9727 (United States)

Phone: 219-462-4288

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive danceaway
Schererville, IN
July 6, 2006
My husband and I went from Schererville IN today to view the Coburg Planting Fields and purchase some daylilies. We were so happy with what we saw. These lily gardens are so beautiful, well organized and very very high quality. Coburgs have very good prices and we were so pleased with our purchases and what we got for our money. The persons owning these lily fields have very good knowledge of their lilies and are very good people. We do highly recommend Coburgs for persons to see in person or to order by mail. You will NOT be disappointed but will be very happy with what you purchase. We will drive back again really soon and purchase more of these top quality lilies
Pat and Dave M.
Positive sadie_mae
Central, KY (Zone 6b)
May 24, 2006
I ordered several species daylilies from Coburg and am very pleased with my order. I received multiple fans on most of them, they were in great shape and packed very well. They also shipped exactly when I requested. Would not hesitate to order from them again. From reviewing their catalog, they've got a lot of other nice cultivars as well.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
April 27, 2006
Fantastic daylilies.

I do not order many daylilies, and this year decided I needed some species.

Having dealt with this company years ago, I contacted them, and they did, in fact have a number of species Hemerocallis.

They got back to me right away with the info I requested, and sent a catalogue the next day.

I placed my order on Tuesday by mail, they contacted me Friday, and asked if Monday was too soon to ship. They shipped it Monday, and I received it Wednesday.

The daylilies were packed nicely between layers of newspaper.

The daylilies are very large, multiple fans, and extremely healthy.

I have posted a picture of one I received on the daylily forum.

I highly recommend this company. I am so surprised to see they do not have many comments posted, could be as no website, people don't know about them.

But, please do give them a try. Really nice people, really nice plants.

Polly Kinsman
Positive gardendollee
Hammond, IN
January 16, 2005
The city flower in the town I live in is the daylily. We (the garden club) bought ALL of our plants at Coburn in 2004. We found the owners to be knowledgeable and very helpfull. I have many of the plants in my garden personally and I am impressed with the quality. Their prices are very fair too. Go visit their farm it is really nice!
Positive timcole
Chesterton, IN
August 9, 2004
This "company" is very popular in this area of Indiana -- a local "favorite son," protected and uncorrupted from commercial and big-business interests by those locals who want quality dayliles. The business is run entirely outside by college professors and a horse (who provides the manure) only during the planting season for daylilies (and before fall term).
We all wait for the signs to announce the sales and rush over to pick out the best before the "big-city folk" muscle in.