The scoop on 'Simmons Berry Farm'

Simmons Berry Farm

11542 North Highway 71
Mountainburg, Arkansas 72946 (United States)

Visit Simmons Berry Farm at:

Comments:

Positive jillsfarm
KLONDIKE, TX
January 19, 2014
Happy with plants and customer service. I'll definitely will be ordering again from this company.
I had emailed Simmons previous to ordering and received a prompt email response to my question.

Ordering was online and painless.
Simmons emailed me when the plants were shipped.

My 25 blackberry plants arrived on the date I had requested when I placed the order. They all look in good shape. Some were a little smaller then I had anticipated but others were very large and robust.

Overall I would recommend this business.

Negative WillsC
Inverness, FL
January 17, 2013
This is my second time ordering from Simmons. The first time was 2 years ago and ordered 10 bare root Kiowa blackberry plants. I had ordered them well before the shipping season and because I am in Florida I was one of the first orders shipped out. When I received the plants I was very disappointed in the quality as the plants were small and worse 3 of 10 had no roots at all and they were very dry. I emailed the company my complaint and they responded quickly. I emailed them a picture of the plants and they apologized and blamed it on brand new diggers. They sent me out another ten plants for free and these were great.

Fast forward two years.....

I had a row of Ouachita and Natchez as well as the Kiowa and was disappointed in the flavor of the first two so decided to tear them out and replace them with 2 more 10 plant rows of Kiowa. I learned my lesson last time so this time waited to order so the diggers would be experienced. On January 8th I called Simmons and placed an order for 20 Kiowas. The plants arrived today in good shape and was happy with the size and condition. I would rank 4 of the plants as superb 10 as ok and 3 as so so. Now if you add that up you will get the problem...ordered 20 received 17. Ordered from the company twice and both times disappointed....no attention to detail. How hard is it to count to 20? There are other sellers online to buy from.....I would look elsewhere.

Bill C Inverness Florida

Positive blackemmons
KODAK, TN
December 11, 2012
In December 2011 i ordered and received two dozen thornless blackberry plants from Simmons Plant Farm and planted them at that time.

When they came up this spring(2012) I notice that one of them had thorns on them. I left it grow until July and then I thought I would send the plant back to Simmons just to let them know just for their records. I explained in the attached letter that it was not a big deal to me and not further action was needed.

Two days later I get a phone call from a gentleman at Simmons apologizing for the mix up. I again explained that it was no big deal to me and I just let them know for their records and they could use the information in any way they pleased.

Yesterday(December 10, 2012), to my dismay, I received a dozen free thornless blackberry plants to replace the one I had informed them about.

To me, that is personal customer service at it's finest!

blackemmons
Kodak, TN

Negative Nordlaw1
Mena, AR
June 20, 2012
I placed an order for 2 blueberry plants and 10 raspberry plants in October of 2011. I had not received any plants or communication from the company by May 2012 so I called the company. I was informed that they had no record of my order so I pointed out to the individual I was talking to that they had cashed my check for payment back in October 2011. She took my number and advised me she would need to call me back. She called back a few minutes later and advised me that they had misplaced my order, would refund the money, was sorry and hung up. I received a refund a few days later. I immediately started to try to locate a nursery to get plants from at that late date but was unable to locate one. I had an order in 2010 which was handled satisfactorily. I would recommend ordering from them by telephone (these were mail in orders) and check closely with them as to shippping date
Positive FriedSpam
Lake Saint Louis, MO
June 7, 2012
I was torn as to the rating to give this company.

Pros:
* excellent prices
* quality plants

Cons:
* COMMUNICATION
* only partial order was shipped

This company does not have a strong web presence, you cannot order plants from the web. Instead, you fax in an order or call them. I faxed in my order for 5 different types of plants.

When I saw my credit card being charged for a substantially lower amount than expected, I emailed them to see if there was a problem. They replied, saying they shipped what they had. No list of what they shipped, or didn't, no opportunity to change order.

What I did receive was a good value. Quality plants at an excellent price.

I *may* order with them again, but I will call instead of fax.
Positive bill_ho
Madison, AL
September 21, 2011
Ordered 2 varieties of asparagus and raspberries. There was a bit of confusion of the order, but it was quickly resolved. All the plants were in outstanding condition, and grew better than expected, especially the asparagus (it produced 15 - 30 stalks for each plant).

Contrary to the comment of some others, communications with Simmons (Karen) has been very good and helpful.

I will return when other plants are needed.
Positive Buddy44
Eagle Rock, VA
June 27, 2011
I have ordered from Simmons a number of times over the last decade or so. The plants are always lovely and at a good price. Will order from them again.
Positive vubob
Goodlettsville, TN
May 13, 2011
I ordered blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. The plants are somewhat small compared to nursery or box stores but are a excellent value. My first shipment of blackberries did not do well, but were replaced within 5 days of e-mailing the company of my problem. The replacements are doing great. I continue to recommend this company every chance I get!
Positive skyfarms
Independence, KS
April 15, 2011
As a previous reviewer said, don't expect much communication from this company. However, they were punctual with delivery and included more bare root berries than I paid for even! The plants are quality and economically priced. They're all happily growing on my farm now!
Positive pughr
Defuniak Springs, FL
January 28, 2011
Great folks to do business with. Ordered on Tuesday, raspberry and black berry plants were here on Thursday. Very healthy plants....Thanks
Positive SoTX
Karnes City, TX
December 23, 2010
Even after reading reviews, I always prefer to test it myself. I would have placed a larger order with a little more faith, but perceptions differ. I ordered 150 strawberries (4 kinds), 5 Kiowa blackberries, 5 dewberries, & 3 rhubarb. These are some of the best plants I have ever received in close to 30 years of mailorder gardening. The Kiowa blackberries are large, the rhubarb is huge, strawberries all appear healthy, dewberries are a little puny, but with good root systems. I just received these yesterday & in the process of planting. This is definitely the place for berry plants and I highly recommend it.
Positive rickoshay
Pearcy, AR
September 8, 2010
I ordered 3 different rabbiteye blueberries and one group of 5 black raspberry early this summer. One raspberry never did grow, but everything else was healthy and has flourished. very healthy looking and I was busy picking blossoms off the blueberries this first year as directed. I was a little disappointed losing the one raspberry but didn't bother to claim it 'cause rest was so great. I wish they had older plants (3-4 years) that would produce the first year, and that they would ship in the fall so I could get a headstart on next year. Overall, they were very healthy plants that arrived in timely manner and very good survival rate. Great outfit!
Positive LABegoniac
Choudrant, LA
February 26, 2010
Really great service! Their plants are large - blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries - and ready to go. I ordered once and then did not have enough to finish the row I was planting - they rushed my repeat order. Communication by phone was excellent.
Positive steffanie3
Orofino, ID
April 27, 2009
I ordered from them as Simmons Plant Farm.

I ordered blueberries and asparagus, one of the blueberries is a little sad looking, but it might just still be dormant. The others are great and very big for the price. The asparagus looks good too. Everything was moist and packaged well.

I didn't try to communicate with them so I can't speak to that, just mailed my order and it arrived just when it was supposed to.
Positive tofu55
Rogersville, TN
December 20, 2008
I ordered asparagus plants from this company in June, I ordered Jersey Giant. Their price was very reasonable. I sent them a check along with my email address, they never cashed the check and never sent an email confirming the order. I had asked for mid-December delivery, as winters here in ne Tennessee have not been very harsh. As of November I had not heard anything, so I emailed them. I had to email twice but finally received a response. Then I saw my check had been cashed. I received an email mid-December that my asparagus had been shipped and I received it, via UPS, two days later. The plants are in excellent condition. I would definitely order from them again.
Neutral Terry
Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a)
May 22, 2008
On the plus side, the prices for strawberry plants were excellent, and the plants were healthy. I was able to get Tennessee Beauty strawberries, which aren't widely available anymore.

On the downside, communication from this company is nonexistent. I mailed in my order in early January, then emailed them when several weeks had passed without any confirmation or acknowledgment from them.

I never received any reply to my order or email, and had begun to suspect they had perhaps closed altogether. I was planning to look for berry plants locally this spring, when the box of plants suddenly showed up.

So, if you're looking for a great price on berry plants, this is worth a try. But don't expect much - if any - communication from them.
Positive saccoj
Rock Hill, SC
April 27, 2008
I think this is an excellent company. I ordered 8 blueberries months ahead of time. As March drew near, I figured I'd have to call. Nope-- they arrived exactly when they were supposed to. Some of the plants were nearly 3 feet tall! This is the third batch I've tried (first from Simmons) and all are doing great-- bearing a couple months after arrival. I really recommend them.
Positive apiarx
Flag Pond, TN
December 11, 2005
Five boysenberry plants and 50 strawberry plants were received in excellent condition. Plants were very large and healthy in appearance. In contrast with my experience with other mail order vendors, the packaging was excellent. Roots were moist and in great shape. Will definitely be buying from them again.
Positive Macknrose
Poseyville, IN
April 30, 2005
I ordered 50 Kiowa Blackberries, 5 Gooseberries and 50 Ozard Beauty Strawberries. This was in Mid March and it took only 4 days from beginning the order to delivery on my doorsteps. I have ordered plants before from catalog companies but never have I seen such healthy plants. They are all blooming out and are very healthy. I judge them much healthier than my previous nursery and 3 times cheaper in price. Yes, I recommend Simmons Berry Farm to anyone and plan on doing business with them in the future. I am very satisfied with the end product.
Positive themadrasbee
Lebanon, TN
April 26, 2004
Great company! Owner answers phone, takes order, and will assist in selection. Strawberries, 250, delivered as promised--FAST--and plants healthy. Additional plants were added as insurance if there was shipping/planting loss.

45 days later: healthy plants and only loss two due to pesky squirrel that uprooted them. Replaced with two of the extra plants Simmons sent.

I will order my brambles from Simmons next February.
Positive mphifer
March 15, 2002
Ordered raspberry plants over phone, great service, plants arrived when requested and appeared very healthy.