The scoop on 'Naylor Creek Nursery'

Naylor Creek Nursery

2610 West Valley Road
Chimacum, Washington 98325 (United States)

Phone: 360-732-4983

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $5 refundable

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive diturk
Philadelphia (Media), PA (Zone 7a)
January 15, 2013
I've been buying from Naylor Creek for about 5 years and have NEVER BEEN DISAPPIONTED with any plants received. The root system on their plants are massive, they are packed with care, and shipped very quickly. Buy with confidence from Gary and Jack!!
Positive joanrae
New Wilmington, PA
November 29, 2012
I have been buying plants for the past 5-6 years from Naylor Creek. All my plants, that have been sent to me are of the highest quality and very generous in size and number of divisions. The Boyz are the best! They give good sound advice on everything! I put in multiple orders each year and it is hard not to buy everything in the catalog! I will continue to buy from Naylor because they take good care of their customers.
Positive JonnyB
East Taunton, MA
July 25, 2012
I bid on and won a hosta from the Lbrary Auction. I talked with Gary and asked to add a couple of other selections and I received the order in 3 days, they were in perfect condition, far larger and nicer than I expected.

I do not hesitate recommending them and will definitely order more from them in the future. Naylor seems to realize that treating customers well is the best way to grow their business.
Positive plantnutz
Austell, GA (Zone 7a)
June 25, 2012
Posted on June 2, 2012, updated June 25, 2012
Just received a hosta order from Naylor Creek and as always, it was exceptional! The Boyz have never disappointed me! Big and beautiful hostas. They came across country and looked like they had just been dug!

On June 25th, 2012, plantnutz added the following:

Just got another order from Naylor. All I can say is WOW!! All were at least two eyes, big and beautiful and they traveled across country in 90's temps. You won't be disappointed with Naylor Creek!
Positive steve_mass
Millbury, MA
June 18, 2012
Posted on December 26, 2011, updated June 18, 2012
I made 3 different orders from Naylor Creek last year and I will order from them again this year. Naylor's prices are not the lowest on the web, but their plants arrive in great shape and they have the latest and newest cultivars available. Naylor does their own tissue culture, thus they are able to contract with the hottest hybridizers in the Hosta community in order to offer plants that you just can't get anywhere else. All this is accompanied by outstanding customer service. This company certainly deserves your business. You won't be disappointed.
On June 18th, 2012, steve_mass added the following:

Update: I just received two plants from Naylor Creek via the Library Auction. Both of these plants are quite rare and can't be found anywhere else on the web. What surprised me was how large these plants were. I was expecting perhaps a first year TC. These plants had foliage at least two feet tall and root systems to match the foliage. Very impressive.
Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
June 4, 2012
Posted on May 1, 2012, updated June 4, 2012
Found Naylor Creek thru Hosta Library website & decided to give them a try after viewing their website + reading all the positive reviews they've received. I placed my first order on 4/26 & got e-mail the next day letting me know my order had shipped ... that was super fast!!! My only concern was for my plants being in transit over the weekend, but my plants arrived yesterday & undamaged. The sizes varied considerably between the total of 10 hostas I ordered, which was slightly disappointing, but, in the end, I am extremely happy. My plants were carefully packed, and I was amazed at the extent of their root systems ... the roots were undamaged, very clean [even smell good] + all top growth is very healthy.

Thanks much folks at Naylor Creek! I'll definitely be ordering from you again.

On June 4th, 2012, JetGal added the following:

I was so happy with very first order from Naylor that I ordered again on 6/1/12. It was even 2 hours later that I had received a shipping notice from them .... HELLO! Hostas arrived today in absolutely beautiful condition (once again)!

Jack & Gary obviously love what they do .... Thanks so much again once again for the beautiful hostas.

If you haven't ordered from these folks, you won't be disappointed ......
Positive rocknhostas
Central, WI
May 14, 2012
Great company to do business with! I have ordered a few times already and have been very pleased with the communication from them and the beautiful hostas I've received. The plants arrive in great condition, and are packaged with extreme care and labeled. The plants from previous years are thriving in my garden.
Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
May 4, 2012
I read about Naylor Creek on DGW, and was impressed by the comments posted. Their website was easy to use. I received both written and electronic order confirmation. They shipped my order at the requested time, and emailed me that it was shipped.
I received my order and want to sing their praises also. The hostas are fresh, big and healthy with fabulous roots. The epimediums I received looked just as nice. Everything was carefully wrapped and protected for shipping in a sturdy box. All had labels. I would recommend Naylor's to anyone, and plan to purchase from them again.
Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
April 11, 2012
Posted on August 6, 2011, updated April 11, 2012
Got my order from Naylor Creek yesterday. First of all, I ordered the plants on Wednesday morning around ten, then went to run some errands, when I came back around two I had a email saying they had been shipped! WOW! Here I am two days later and I have the plants, Friday. Perfect. The plants themselves are just beautiful and very big and healthy. I will order again from this company, (see pictures on my thread 'Mail order experiences') under Hosta Forum. Thank You!
On April 11th, 2012, virginiarose added the following:

Received another great order from Naylor Creek, I have wanted these hosta's for a long time and this company always has what I want. Great packing, healthy plants, communication, fast shipping. Thank You!
(see pictures on Hosta Forum)
Positive kwajcats
Point Roberts, WA
November 18, 2011
Like all reviewers before me I have had only positive experiences with Gary and Jack at Naylor Creek. I've emailed them countless times for advice and have always received prompt responses. Their nursery stock quality has consistently been nothing short of awesome. Oh that all on-line dealings were this easy and positive!
FR in Pt Bob
Positive Hemhostaholic
Scranton, PA (Zone 5b)
June 29, 2011
Posted on July 18, 2007, updated June 29, 2011
I ordered 5 hosta from Naylor Creek. They were more difficult to find (rarer) hosta. The cost of the hosta (I ordered 5) and the s/h came to $96. I have read great things about Naylor Creek, and they are all true. I placed my order Friday evening, 7/13/07 and received my order Monday, 7/16/07. The office manager of the garden center that I work at happened to be at my home when I received the package from Naylor Creek. I opened it like I child would open an expectant Christmas gift. As I carefully unwrapped each carefully wrapped, and well cared for hosta, "Ooohs," and "Ahhhs," could be heard from myself and Susan. I ordered H. Deja Blu, H. Korean Snow, H. Magic Fire, H. War Paint, and H. Revolution. Each one of these beauties arrived in excellent packaging, in excellent shape, and I am totally and unequivacally convinced I will be ordering from Naylor Creek again!
On April 1st, 2008, Hemhostaholic added the following:

I just received my 2008 order from Naylor Creek, and WOW. I knew prior to ordering H. 'Stitch in Time' that it would be on the smaller side, and I am not complaining, the plant looks great, and the roots are GInormous! The other 2 hosta that I ordered: 'Allegan Fog' and 'Tattoo' were HUGE clumps. I think Gary and Jack mixed up, because within each clump were 1-2 smaller clumps; making my order more like 5 hosta instead of 3!!! I have ordered twice from them, and have been impressed both times.
Their customer service, OUTSTANDING!
Their quality in plant material, SUPERB!
I will definitely be a repeat, repeat customer!!!
On June 29th, 2011, Hemhostaholic added the following:

After a hosta buying hiatus, I recently won/purchased 4 hosta from Gary and Jack. Not only were the plants great, they are larger than what I thought (I think they grew during shipping...lol!) Gary and Jack also sent a personal email to me, welcoming me back into the bidding/winning of their hostas. These guys are great, their plants are always great, and as always their customer service is superb.

Here's to me bidding and winning some more :-)
Positive colocasia
Aurora, IL
May 16, 2011
Its nice to be able to share positive experiences for once. I ordered several Arisaemas from Naylor Creek this spring. The tubers arrived so quickly I was almost unprepared for them. They were very large, and so far have produced some impressive plants and flowers. (Especially the griffithii!) Shipping and handling costs were more than reasonable.
I cannot recommend them highly enough. My girlfriend, when she can't remember their name, always refers to them as "that place we really like". Keep up the good work Gary and Jack! I'll be back whenever I have new garden holes to fill.
John Olechowski
Positive katachi
Bristol, CT (Zone 6a)
April 12, 2011
Just ordered from this company and I am impressed by the quality and large size of their Arisaema tubers. They also included and extra tuber; how great is that!
Will be ordering more from this company.
Positive PlantsMylife
Brooklyn, NY
January 10, 2011
I have ordered a few times from Naylor Creek, and the plants are always great. Shipping was fast and plants were well packed.
Positive perenniallyme
Jamaica Plain, MA (Zone 6a)
June 6, 2010
I ordered some epimediums as a gift for my father, and Jack got back to me right away to tell me what was out of stock. He was very nice and patient and helpful with finding substitutions. The plants arrived very quickly, and though I haven't seen them myself, my Dad was thrilled with them (like a little kid, said Mom), and said they were good-sized plants and arrived in great shape. Naylor Creek has the best selection of epimediums I've seen anywhere, and decent prices and shipping rates.
Now I'm going to get my own epimedium order together.
Positive Pitimpinai
Chicago, IL
May 27, 2010
I discovered Naylor Creek from reading suggestions on a Hostas Forum.
I ordered 3 Hosta 'Sagae' last Sunday. The plants arrived Wednesday in perfect shape. They were beautifully & lovingly packed. The huge root system was wrapped in several moist paper towels. Each came with multiple shoots and/or eyes. I soaked them in water for an hour before planting. They look so strong and healthy today and show not sigh of distress whatsoever. I can't wait to see how many shoots I will have next spring.

Thank you, Naylor Creek. Great job. Love my Hosta. :-)
Positive rabbitsdiner
Carmel, IN
May 8, 2010
My plants arrived on time, well packaged. These are lovely,healthy epimediums. They are nice sized plants now but also they have so much new growth! Within a few weeks these should be very big plants. This is my second order from Naylor Creek. I have been delighted both times.
Positive tsbccowboy
Saint Paul, MN
May 7, 2010
Posted on May 3, 2007, updated May 7, 2010
The Excellent reputation Naylor Creek has is well-deserved! The service and the Hostas they send are exceptional.
On May 6th, 2009, tsbccowboy added the following:

Just received another fantastic order from Naylor Creek. This is the fourth order I have received from them and have been very happy with each one. Thank You!
On July 28th, 2009, tsbccowboy added the following:

Just received more great looking Hostas from them. These were purchased off the Hosta Library auction.
On May 7th, 2010, tsbccowboy added the following:

Latest Hosta purchase looks great. Thank You!
Positive n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN (Zone 7a)
July 24, 2009
I did the same thing as the others. Ordered my first from them off the Hosta Library's Auction. Then turned around and ordered a 2nd, and now a 3rd time. (That blasted auction! lol) These guys are great communicators, have great plants,and know how to ship them. You can feel at ease knowing they will not ship out anything that they would not want to receive themselves. I will continue to check their website whenever I am wanting to add hosta's or shade perennials to my garden ! Thanks to a great company that makes my garden beautiful !
Positive keelybird57
Aurora, IL
July 14, 2009
Received an order and was very impressed! They were very generous and sent beautiful, healthy plants. Also, their communcation was prompt and helpful.
Positive alpha44
Terre Haute, IN
June 16, 2009
I received my first order from Naylor Creek Nursery throught the Hosta Library Auction; lovely! So I did it again, even better! Their plants are so nice, I finally contacted them and now I am ordering directly from their catalog. They are knowledgable and have all the latest. My plants came all the way to Indiana and they never missed a beat. I could not buy better from my local nursery, and certainly not these varieties.
Positive susybell
Vancouver, WA (Zone 8a)
May 21, 2009
Just received my second 2009 mail order of hostas from Naylor Creek. What beautiful plants!

My first mail order this year had an error on the address so the plants were returned as undeliverable-a first for me in all my various mail order experiences. They were so great- They pulled and sent a second order to me before the undeliverable ones got all the way back to them.

I love that Gary & Jack are here in WA so I can buy their plants at local plant sales as well as mail order. I've bought more from them locally than by mail, but every plant I've gotten from them has been beautiful and healthy. I'm supposed to be done buying plants for the year, but these were sooo nice I'm halfway tempted to place another order now instead of waiting until next year.
Great service, great plants, couldn't be happier!
Positive connoisseur
Indianapolis, IN
January 16, 2009
From my experience, Naylor Creek is truly committed to quality and customer satisfaction. Communication is excellent, and plants are high quality. When I did note a problem with a plant (two years after the order), it was immediately replaced.
Positive ic_conifers
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
August 4, 2008
I recently received a plant I "won" on the hosta library auction page. Much larger and better than I expected, shipped very fast, arrived in perfect condition.
On July 15th, 2009, ic_conifers added the following:

This year I ordered half a dozen hostas from the Naylor Creek Catalog. Communications with the company were excellent, they even accomodated my request to ship the order early because I wanted to plant my hostas before I had to go on a business trip. I am happy with everything that arrived. One plant was smaller than I expected but it is a rare one and seems to be doing just fine in the garden, growing slowly but surely.
Positive SEalaska
Sitka, AK
May 15, 2008
This is the 2nd order I have received from them. The plants were excellent again and packed great !!!!! I will definitely be a returning customer.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 1, 2008
These guys are top notch. I can always find the newest additions to the hosta world from Naylor's. They always ship large healthy plants at good prices. Can't go wrong here!
Positive kitgary
Springville, IA
April 27, 2008
I was a first time customer having dealt with other mail order companies in the past with good results. These people are by far the best. Originally ordered 1 hosta. A couple of days before they were to be shipped, we called to see if we could add to the order. They were very friendly and more than happy to adjust the order. The hostas we received were the biggest we have ever gotten and the packaging was the best. Will definitely do business with again and will tell all my friends about this awesome company. AAA+++
Positive haika
Snohomish, WA
April 3, 2008
I found this company very very late in the 2007 season, but because they are a local company, I contacted them to see if I could make an order even though it was past their last shipping season. I got a rapid positive response and made a large order of Epimedium plants which was shipped almost immediately. I order from MANY mail order plant sources and these were some of the largest Epimediums I've ever seen. This spring they are all putting up new, fresh growth and E. ogisui is already blooming (lovely white!). I'd order from them again without reservation.
Positive Flintrock
Flint, TX
October 4, 2007
I beleive every rave written here is true and accurate. I have never seen such quaility in mail order plants. These look like something a generous neighbor dug from their own garden and hand delivered to you front door. They are beautiful. I am in Texas and they are in Washington. Every aspect of this transaction was great. Thanks, Gary and Jack.
Positive jenireed
Appleton, WI
August 18, 2007
My friend had been looking for the hosta 'Red Dragon' ever since we saw it in a display garden during the AHS convention in Indianapolis. I ordered one from Naylor's for her birthday. Not only were they the least expensive of anyone else, they also sent big plants with many eyes. I will definately order from them again. I also bought some plants from them while at the convention and they are doing awesome!
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
June 3, 2007
I ordered hellebores, epimediums and hostas. These are the largest plants I've received from anyone and packed very well. Communication was excellent and they answered questions I had about plants in a very timely manner which I appreciated. Shipping was timely. What more is there to say? If they carry a hosta or shade perennial I want I will definitely order from them again. Very highly recommended.
Positive baja220
Tulsa, OK (Zone 6b)
October 15, 2006
I just received my first order from Naylor Creek!!! What took me so long???!!! Multi-eyed hostas were carefully wrapped as were the Hakenochloa and Hellebore. And I do mean carefully. They had told me via email that it's fall and the leaves aren't in good shape, but they look awesome. I ordered on Mon. Columbus Day, a holiday for the PO and I still got em on Thurs. Customer Service is excellent. They answered silly questions for 4 day before I made up my mine what to get. Debbie
Positive wickerparker
Chicago, IL (Zone 5b)
September 15, 2006
I ordered two hostas and two brunneras from Naylor, and two days later the plants arrived in great condition. Very pleased in particular with the h. Sagae, and look forward to finding an excuse to order again. Thanks for the incredibly good service!
Positive hts
Sayre, PA
August 23, 2006
I ordered two epimediums from Naylor Creek. Shipping took 5 days because of some flooding problems in my state but the plants still look great when they arrived. They were excellent specimens and over the past month have done very well in their new home. The owner was very pleasant and informative over the phone prior to my placement of the order. I have nothing but praise for this nursery.
On December 30th, 2007, hts added the following:

On December 30th, 2007, hts added the following:

I have since ordered many more plants in multiple orders. I only can say this nursery is in my top five to order from. They will answer any of your questions and if there are problems, they will correct it. You cant go wrong with them, at least that is my experience.
Positive TNPlantLover
Memphis, TN
June 26, 2006
Though I've ordered plants from various mail order nurseries in the past, I've never before felt the need to share my experiences. This was my first time ordering from Naylor Creek but it had been highly recommended by a local hosta society friend. My order which included several epimedium, a hellebore and a podophyllum arrived quickly and was impeccably packaged. Opening each carefully wrapped plant was an absolute delight as each was quite large and healthy. I couldn't be happier! I will definitely order from Naylor Creek again (hostas next time) and will share my very positive experience with my other plant obsessed friends.
Positive Flowerchild59
Carbondale, IL
May 18, 2006
Great selections and very nice hostas with good root systems. I have ordered multiple times from this company and have been pleased each time.
Positive e2002meyer
Bartlett, IL
April 14, 2006
WAY Positive.... I am usually disappointed with mail order plants, but not this time.... I would definitely order from them again. I ordered 4 hostas and I am going back for more. The order was prompt in coming, the plants were hefty, (3 crowns each).
The pricing was right...

Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
April 5, 2006
My order from Naylor Creek just arrived and I'm so pleased! Ordering from them was a great experience. They were very helpful when I had questions, answered all emails thoroughly and promptly and even notified me via email the day they shipped my plants. The hostas are very healthy and their selection is excellent! I will definitely be ordering more from them in the future!
Positive 2manyhosta
Batavia, IL
March 17, 2006
I just got hostas from Naylor Creek earlier this week and they arrived in great condition and on the promised date. They notify you by e-mail when the order ships with tracking information and their service is really great. Above all, they have a great selection of some really cool hostas. I will continue to be a customer and recommend them to others.
Positive GardenGeek_WI
Central, WI (Zone 4a)
August 28, 2005
I have ordered a few times from Naylor Creek. I always receive great plants. Very healthy looking plants and long healthy looking roots. Also fast shipping and carefully packaged. I would definitely recommend this nursery. Kelly
On August 10th, 2006, GardenGeek_WI added the following:

8/10/06 Another excellent order from Jack & Gary. They always send great plants. Very healthy and very generous. Thanks guys!