The scoop on 'Pepper Joe's Inc.'

Pepper Joe's Inc.

Pepper Joe's Inc. has 100 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Pepper Joe's Inc. is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

3904 Kensington Court
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577 (United States)

Phone: 843-742-5116
Fax: 843-626-4507

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with 1 company:

Company Comment, posted on February 22, 2012:
Yes we have the seeds for the Hottest Pepper in the World, the Carolina Reaper at 1,474,000 SHU tested at Winthrop Univ. in SC. As of now we still have seeds in stock, but they are selling like Crazy. We've added a collection of super-Hots alll over 1,000,000 Scoville units.
Or you can buy all 7 Varieties of the Worlds Hottest Peppers in our new "Volcano in a Box'. Check them out all out at http://www.pepperjoe.com/shoppingcart/html/pepper.html

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Jasonfoote0716
Broadview Heights, OH
August 11, 2015
Pepper joes is fantastic. I have a Carolina reaper plant that I got from seed and is now over 1 and a half years old. Its on it 3rd fruiting. It has over 150 pods on it and 180 pods behind that! Pepper joe is awesome e quality seeds and amazing performance. Keep in mind super hots are on their own time. Use superthrive triple phosphate and tomatoes tone. With a blossom set spray from bonide. I have a ligeit 3000k worth of sellable goodies.
Pepper joe is a wonderful company. They are family run and USA grown. I've used them for over 6 years and when I had an issue they resolved it....
BEST QUALITY period.
I recommend them to everyone.
Please visit and give them try. I don't work for them or get any perks from them. I AM SIMPLY A GARDEN GOOBER.
Happy planting!
Negative Startoker
Dayton, OH
August 8, 2015
Beware pepper Joe's and any seed companies selling Carolina Reapers! They assume that everyone is stupid and will accept anything that is hot. They will slap the name of the most popular pepper on the seed that they have on hand so they can sell it at top dollar. Seeds Direct sent me habaneros, Pepper Joe's sent 7 pot bubblegums. Don't even think of asking for a refund. They will send more seed that in all likelihood is not really what you want.
Company representative comment on August 9, 2015:
On Aug 9, 2015 9:32 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

Hi Startoker and thanks for being a customer. I will gladly refund your money. Send me your order number to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com I am deeply sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with your Reaper Pods. However, the Reaper has been out for 3+ years and there are Tens of thousands of satisfied customer. You can see many here at Dave's garden. Check out our FB page and scroll over the months and you'll actually see many, many pictures of awesome pods. [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] And we receive a ton more of perfect Carolina Reaper Pods by email. But the most important customer to you....is well... you. I'll toss in a FREE pack of Carolina Reaper seeds too as well as some freebie pods.
Thanks again and Great Gardening,

Positive DBeights
Mesquite, TX
July 19, 2015
Pepper Joe has the best selection of pepper seeds I have ever seen. I have been buying seeds from Joe for a couple of years now. Every order I have placed has been correct, fast, and comes with helpful growing tips. The free seeds with every order is a fun surprise too. I have had nearly perfect germination rates. I can count on one hand how many seeds out of all of my orders have not sprouted, and there is a good chance it was something I did wrong. I think it is great that every order comes with a support system too. I cant think of another place that will email or get on the phone with you if you need help with growing your plants. Overall I have had nothing but AWESOME products and service from Pepper Joe. I recommend his site to everyone from seasoned growers to the capsicum curious! You can't go wrong with pepperjoe.com!
Positive docpeppers
Winnipeg
July 18, 2015
I've been buying pepper seeds from Pepper Joe's for a number of years and I have never had aproblem with the mail orders or the germination of any of his seeds. Living in Central Canada our season is short, so I rely on superior seeds like Pepper Joe's to germinate and grow into exceptinal pepper plants.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Positive Clark7766
Helena, AL
July 9, 2015
Dealing with Pepper Joe has been nothing short of phenomenal. Quality seed, pods, flakes, sauces, etc... for sale as expected. But great customer service. And free helpful hints, tips, and videos about growing pepper plants. There isn't a business owner out there who is as dedicated to seeing his customers succeed as Pepper Joe.

Customer service is great too! I've been dealing with is business for a year now. Had one goof up where the wrong seed got sent to me. It was resolved very quickly. They told me not to worry about sending the seed back, keep it and grow it, and they got me the right seed out the door with no added shipping expense occurred by me.

I have had so much fun over the last year, along with a lot of hard work and perseverance growing peppers that I'm now selling my own sauce. And Pepper Joe has unknowingly had a big hand in that. If I run into a problem growing peppers, he's my go to person for answers.
Positive Madisong
Middle River, MD
July 4, 2015
I decided to grow some of the hottest peppers I could find. My garden is really looking good.
I bought a few packs of seeds from PepperJoe's and to my surprise almost every single seed sprouted! I had no idea what I was going to do with over 35 plants. I had to give some away to friends, family and a co-worker. I asked PepperJoe's for advice on Facebook because this is my first try and I got a very helpful response right away. I'm really looking forward to this years harvest and experimenting in my kitchen. They have so many kinds of seeds to pick from I'm already making plans for next years garden.
Thanks again guys.
Positive Domanic
Scottsdale, AZ
June 25, 2015
PepperJoe and Silvana are two awesome people. There peppers are the best to have.my seeds all died.so I'm getting replacements.I would only order from Pepperjoe and no one else. Pepperjoe has the best seeds in the world. I give him and Silvana 10 stars and two thumb's up.love u my brother and sister.
Neutral VeiledMaid
Maricopa, AZ
June 22, 2015
Posted on May 25, 2015, updated June 22, 2015
Posted on May 21, 2015, updated May 25, 2015
Posted on April 30, 2015, updated May 21, 2015
The free seeds germinated. The pepper seed in the \\\\\\\"Box Of Dynamite\\\\\\\" and \\\\\\\"Peter Pepper\\\\\\\" would not germinate. The seeds were in no way fresh, and viable. I regret spending so much on seeds that could not germinate. I hope that I can find these peppers from a reliable source.
As for my experience level: I have grown over 21 varieties of hot pepper, very successfully, in my Maricopa Arizona garden. My peppers love the heat, and produce many good tasting peppers for my cooking.
It\\\\\\\'s a pity that Pepper Joe\\\\\\\'s seeds were such low quality. I would have loved to cook chili for the salsa festival with any of the super hots.
Also, I found it strange that I received no tracking number for my order. There was no confirmation Email either. I have to give a negative feedback for Pepper Joe\\\\\\\'s seeds, and delivery. The only good thing about the company, was the fast email I received in response to a question about what peppers were included in the \\\\\\\"Box of dynamite\\\\\\\" They are fast to help you make an order; but slow on delivery, and the quality of seed is as stated above.

On May 21st, 2015, VeiledMaid changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I\\\'ve sent you my payment confirmation screenshot; which also shows date and time of order. I wish the super hot pepper seeds that I ordered had been viable; but the free Chi Chien, and Prik Che Faa pepper seeds that you sent with my order are fantastic. I bought white ghost pepper plants from another grower, just to have a super hot pepper in my garden; but I really want those world record pepper plants in my garden. I\\\'d be happy to give Pepper Joe\\\'s another chance.
On May 25th, 2015, VeiledMaid added the following:

I\'ll update my rating here once I give the seeds a few weeks to germinate. If they do germinate, you\'ll get more than a positive review here... I\'m a world record holder myself (Interactive Model) I\'ll tweet pictures of a healthy Carolina Reaper to my fans, and tell them where I got the seeds.
On June 22nd, 2015, VeiledMaid added the following:

Update to my rating: Some of the supper hot peppers germinated this time. Three of the Carolina reaper seeds germinated, of the twelve sent. The rest had similar success rate. The supper hot pepper seeds from the "Box Of Dynamite" have a 25% success rate. The low germination success rate is not due to lack of gardening skills; it is due to the low quality of the seeds. Pepper Joe does go above and beyond with customer service, even sending free seeds and spices; but the seed quality of their super hot peppers is poor. All of the other pepper seeds I have planted this year have had a much higher success rate. I purchased seeds from large commercial companies, and a small time outfit in El Cajon CA. I also planted the free pepper seeds that Pepper Joe sent. Everything besides the supper hot pepper seeds from Pepper Joe's is growing well. My review is only Neutral due to the great customer service skills of Pepper Joes. Otherwise, I would give a negative review, based on poor quality of the super hot pepper seeds. I didn't order free random seeds, and spice mixes, I ordered supper hot pepper seeds, and expected top quality for the price I paid, and from reading all of these great reviews... that unfortunately have no pictures of healthy plants, and happy gardeners, to go with those great reviews.
Company representative comment on June 23, 2015:
On May 3, 2015 9:31 AM, Pepper Joe\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Inc. responded with:

Hi VeiledMaid and thanks for being a customer. Please send me an email to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with your order number or email address that you ordered with and we\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll rush out another \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Box of Dynamite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\". We\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re getting germination reports from our customers of 80 to 90% on our seeds. Some ever report 100% as you can see in the 118 Positive comments here on Dave\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Garden. But most important to us is YOUR results, so we\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll gladly replace your seeds. We\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll even toss in a few other goodies. Sorry, but our current Shopping Cart doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have tracking. We do send out a confirmation email to each and every customer. We ship out every order in 3 to 4 business days....(we take a lot of pride in our speed of processing orders)...then the delivery time is up to your local Post Office. We have many customers in Arizona and do not get complaints on delivery time there....but I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m sure it can happen.
Looking forward to your email and resolving the issue.
Thanks again,

On May 6, 2015 10:06 AM, Pepper Joe\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Inc. added:

Hi VeiledMaid, we\\\\\\\'re here for ya....just waiting to get your email so we can give you a full replacement and some extra goodies compliments of Pepper Joe\\\\\\\'s. :)

On May 14, 2015 6:46 AM, Pepper Joe\\\\\\\'s Inc. added:

We\\\'re STILL here for ya VeiledMaid LOL.

On May 24, 2015 9:04 AM, Pepper Joe\\\'s Inc. added:

Hi again VeiledMaiden.
Thanks for updating our rating. We\'re sending you a replacement for your \"Box of Dynamite\' along with several Surprises. Thanks for being a customer.

On Jun 23, 2015 4:00 PM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. added:

Hi VeiledMaid and good to hear from you again.
Sorry to hear about your germination rates.
We've replaced your seeds, sent more Freebies and sent several Free Spice packets.
I'll now gladly replace your full purchase price AND the shipping costs. Drop me an email with the full $ amount and your mailing address. Pepperjoe@sc.rr.com
I'm surprised to hear of your germination %. Our customers (tons of them) are reporting 80% to 90% germination rates. And you can view many of them right here at Dave's Garden with 124 Positive ratings.
But the most important results to you are of course your own.
So we've replaced your seeds, sent many more freebie seeds and powdered spices and now we're refunding your full purchase price and shipping costs.
Thanks for being a customer and have a great gardening season,

Positive warwickricky
Indianapolis, IN
June 22, 2015
I watch all Pepper Joe's videos and have benefited enormously from them. Thanks to his "How-To" videos on gardening, I have a world class patio-pepper garden. Pepper Joe has also taught me how to cook some of the best "Pepper Cuisine" on the planet !! And his Pepper Seed store is the best. If I need anything about Peppers or Tomatoes, I always go thru Pepper Joe or Penny's Tomatoes first. I love you Pepper Joe !!! PEPPERS FOREVER !!!!
Positive PSFrank
Palm Springs, CA
June 12, 2015
I've bought tomato and rare hot pepper seeds from Pepper Joe's for several years now. Their customer service is tops, and they ship very fast...
Now, let's get to the good stuff, the seeds I've bought from them have produced amazing plants that yield peppers and tomatoes year after year. When starting them, I used a grow light and controlled environment and had almost 100% success with the seedlings.....
Being in the Southern California desert, I have a different season, yet my Pepper Joe grown plants are thriving quite well!
I'm very happy with Pepper Joe's and recommend them to all my friends and family...
Also, I've emailed them numerous times with questions and they always reply quickly, usually the same day.
Highly Recommend!
Positive Raug
Lethbridge
May 31, 2015
Posted on May 19, 2015, updated May 31, 2015
Posted on May 19, 2015, updated May 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I dont like doing this, and i\\\'ve read a lot of great reviews about Pepper Joes, but I have to give a negative review here.

My order (about 70$) was placed February 24th this year. Today is May 19th, and i have yet to receive my order.

My complaint here is mostly the customer service, besides the fact i have yet to receive my order. Ive emailed the customer support 4 times now over the course of the last 3 months. I waited a full month before emailing the first time. I live in Canada, i dont have a tracking number, an i have no idea where my 70$ order is.

When i emailed customer support, all they tell me is that \\\'Canada Post is notoriously slow\\\'. They double checked my mailing address, but basically just told me to wait.

Now, I\\\'ve ordered a TON of stuff from USA in the past. Computer parts, mushroom spores, seeds from other companies, espresso machines, cases of wine, ebay books... I\\\'ve literally never had an experience that even remotely resembles this. In fact, all of mail order experiences from USA have been totally positive.

So, im not really sure why Pepper Joe customer support keeps telling me that \\\"Canada Post is slow\\\". It doesn\\\'t seem to be the problem here.

If Pepper Joe keeps having troubles shipping to Canada, why is there not options available to the customer? I would have happily paid 20$ extra to have it shipped reliably, and with a tracking number. Blaming Canada Post over and over isn\\\'t really convincing me that its Canada Post fault here. There are tons of reviews of Pepper Joe for Canadian customers that have had LOTS of problems with shipping, so why not try to change the way you are shipping these items? And at least provide your customers with a tracking number....

Anyway, ive emailed customer support 4 times now, but it seems that the only way to get some action happening is to post a review on a site like this one. Ive noticed Pepper Joe is very quick to rectify problems when a bad review is posted on a public site like this, so i hope it works better than customer support.

D
On May 19th, 2015, Raug changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Got through to someone looks like. They are offering to ship my order again free of charge, or the option to refund my money.

Im choosing to have my order shipped again, because im still excited about these seeds for next year.

Im changing my rating from negative to neutral for the time being until my order arrives.

On May 31st, 2015, Raug changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Pepper Joe has come through in a very positive way.

Seeds were reshipped via Xpress post May 21st and i received them May 29th.

Thanks so much ! Ive changed my review to positive.
Company representative comment on May 24, 2015:
On May 24, 2015 9:53 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

Hi Raug and thanks for the 2nd chance.
We'll earn your respect....I guarantee it.
Keep us posted.
PJ

Positive metalfacebmac
Hancock, MI
May 13, 2015
I have ordered a few times from Pepper Joes now and every time they have blown me away with quality and quick, easy service. All the seeds I get have grown into superb chili plants, and not only did they include the two packs of free seeds, but also threw in a pack of dried Reaper pods! Simply awesome. I will be coming back every year from now on to get the great experience time and time again. Signed - A very happy Upper Peninsula of Michigan chili grower
Company representative comment on May 14, 2015:
On May 14, 2015 6:56 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

Hello metalfacebmac, Zevon329 and Tazznred. Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to leave those nice reviews. That inspires us even more. I'm thrilled to hear of your germination successes and enjoying our Freebies. It's good to see the extra efforts to store our seeds and keep them in optimum shape is working out. We vacuum seal our seeds and add silicon gel packs. We like to stay connected to our customers so join us at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] and sign up for our free newsletters at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001nkQb...

Positive zevon329
May 11, 2015
I ordered about 20 different peppers from Pepper Joe's and I've had excellent success with them, about a 90% germination rate. All of the plants are big and healthy, so I'm sure they came from good stock. Shipping was quick, they sell all kinds of peppers, pepper products, and growing supplies, but one of the best things about Pepper Joe is their web site, which is full of great tips and pretty much everything hot pepper. I will definitely be ordering my seeds from Pepper Joe next year!
Positive tazznred
San Antonio, TX
May 3, 2015
75 to 85% germination of all of my seeds. Very happy with the box of dynamite as well as the free seed packs and pods. Reaper and Scorpions are around 2.5 to inches tall now, really see changes now each day. Used growing light and covered the for the first three to four weeks then removed the plastic cover as they got bigger.Gretain for and support from Pepper Joes !!
Positive artfuldodger83
Chicago, IL
April 27, 2015
Shipping price was reduced for several packets, which is appreciated, as is the excellent germination rate for Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Scorpion. I saved some fruit from our last season for the seed and those are all germinating well at our new home
Positive MidwestLady
Osceola, WI
April 16, 2015
I am very happy with the hot pepper seeds I have purchased from Pepper Joe's. Seeds are now healthy plants! The personal customer service is awesome. When I had questions about the seeds/and care of the plants, my questions were answered personally and promptly. It is almost unheard of to recieve this kind of customer service through an online company. There should be more companies like this.
Positive FoodDude87
Toronto
April 6, 2015
Posted on March 9, 2015, updated April 6, 2015
My roommate and I ordered from Pepper Joe about a month ago (maybe more!) and we still haven\'t received anything we ordered yet. I understand it may take longer to get to Canada, but it\'s been over a month and no hint as to when we can expect them.

We tried to email representatives at Pepper Joe to get a tracking number and they haven\'t or can\'t provide one.They told me to contact my postal carrier, but how am I to know who to contact when it can be shipped with so many different companies? If it\'s my regular postal carrier, then they should definitely have a tracking number anyways since I always get one with Canada Post.

We were so excited to start growing these peppers after hearing great things about Pepper Joe, but after this experience, we will have to strongly consider just going through a local supplier in the future. If we do not receive our order soon, a charge back will also be happening.

Sorry Pepper Joe, I wish I didn\'t have to charge back, but I will not pay for something I have not received, nor received adequate help tracking down.
On April 6th, 2015, FoodDude87 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Pepper Joe himself emailed me almost immediately after I posted this review and offered to send out a replacement package with priority shipping at his own cost.

I have now received the priority mailed package. I'm not sure what happened to my original package, but I truly do appreciate the speed in which Pepper Joe replied to my complaint, as well as the lengths he went through to rectify my situation.

Great customer service Pepper Joe, I will definitely come back to fulfill my future pepper needs!

Just a PS to all the Canadian growers out there, I recommend ordering your seeds 3-4 weeks before you plan on germinating them, just to be safe!
Company representative comment on April 7, 2015:
On Mar 9, 2015 4:28 PM, Pepper Joe\\\\\\\'s Inc. responded with:

Hi FoodDude87 and thanks for being a customer and thanks for your input. We haven\\\'t had a negative review at Dave\\\'s Garden for over a year so I want to respond quickly and with conviction.
The Canadian Post office is notorious for being slow. We\\\'ve even considered not shipping to Canada for that reason....but we have so many satisfied customers there we decided to just tough it out with the slow deliveries. We ship all orders out within 3 to 4 business days. But then some orders get into gridlock with the poor service at the Canadian Post Office. .
But the only order that matters is YOUR ORDER! I sent your issue to Shipping when you first contacted me to make sure it was shipped out on time. It was. Please email me direct one more time with your order number.... pepperjoe@sc.rr.com I\\\'ll ship a replacement order \\\"Priority Mail\\\" at our expense... one more time. And we\\\'ll do it gladly. If you receive two orders....and you probably will just keep them both as our way of saying THANKS. Sorry about the delay, and keep us posted on how it turns out.

On Mar 11, 2015 4:00 PM, Pepper Joe\\\'s Inc. added:

Hi again, FoodDude 87. We mailed out an additional order to you today. It was sent \'Priority Mail\' by Canadian Post office. That costs $30 which we\'ll gladly pick up the expense to keep a customer happy. Let us know when you receive it....and probably the original shipment too. All is well that ends well. PJ

On Apr 7, 2015 11:15 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. added:

FoodDude87, I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. We appreciate you as a customer.
Have a great grow!

Positive KevinLaPage
Antigo, WI
March 31, 2015
This was my first time using Pepper Joes. I ordered Reapers, Leutschauer Paprika, and received Jalapeno and Serrano seeds as my freebies. My seeds were well packaged. My order was correct and the seeds hit my mailbox a week after I ordered. All in all I am very pleased with their service and would use them again. Thx Joe!
Company representative comment on April 7, 2015:
On Apr 7, 2015 11:21 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

THANKS KevinLaPage, Atorre and Pikes Peppers. We do appreciate you and your time to give us such glowing reviews. It motivates us to stay focused on trying to deliver top notch customer service at all times.

Positive atorrie
owen sound
March 23, 2015
We ordered 5 different varieties of hot peppers from Pepper Joe's this winter. Seeds arrived quickly and we started them in a pod planter with a heating pad and a plastic lid. We had over 90% germination rate and all plants are coming along nicely...excellent tips and fast responses on emails....nice job Joe!!!!
Positive PikesPeppers
Eau Claire, WI
March 21, 2015
I have only good things to say about Joe and Penny. I have ordered 8 different types of seeds and they all did great. I have also ordered Tomato seeds and I've no complaints with either. I do know that they promise an 80% germination and I know they stand by it. If you have questions or need help with growing there is always someone who will answer an e-mail and take the time to help you understand something. You can always hit up their youtube channel (Pepper Joes PennysTamatoes) to find great information on growing cooking and new pepper seeds they have in stock. Now Joe might want to kick me for this but if you are shy about trying to grow peppers you can always e-mail him for a free shipping code. It will save ya 8 bucks and I personally guarantee you will be hooked. I've ordered elsewhere and I'll stick with Joe. G'day mates

Positive NeedsWork
Winona Lake, IN
March 20, 2015
I ordered Volcano In A Box and Fire In A Box.

My order arrived within a week of placing it. I did not get an "order shipped" email, it simply showed up.

I started six seeds of each variety. All varieties had germinated 9 days after planting in a starter tray. I didn't keep exact numbers but germination rates are 90%+.

Glog is here for those who are curious:

My order came well packaged with extra seeds and free ghost pepper pods. The pods were a delicious treat and had lots of flavor.

I will order from Pepper Joe's again.

Positive luvs2bird
Macon, GA
March 16, 2015
I ordered 11 varieties of hot peppers, including some superhots and Peter peppers. I planted 10 seeds of each variety and had great success for all except one. I contacted Pepper Joes and received an immediate response that they would replace the seeds that had not germinated. I planted my seeds 2/16, after watching and taking advice from Pepper Joes videos. My plants look AMAZING. I am very pleased and Looking forward to planting new varieties next year.

I also ordered several varieties of seeds from Penny's Tomatoes and had 100% germination!! Awesome!!
Company representative comment on March 17, 2015:
On Mar 17, 2015 6:05 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

THANKS so much Luvs2bird, Chris5255 and CoreyFire. We really appreciate your time and reviews. Please stay in touch with us on Facebook so we can continue to serve you with tips and growing advice at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] Also, when we run special offers, Freebies, etc. we list them there. And if anyone would like to view our video's, our Growing Hot Peppers 101 video is at [HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]
Great Gardening to all,

Positive Chris5255
Stewartstown
United States
March 14, 2015
Incredible! Answered e-mail questions right away. Shipment delivered quickly and great germination rate!!! Free pods and seeds with order. Very satisfied!!!
Positive coreyfire
Bridgeville, PA
March 12, 2015
Fantastic first experience today. Pepper Joe's seeds came much faster than I anticipated them to ship. I noticed I received a slightly different set of tomatoes. I reached out, and they took care of me in a fantastic way.

I will get all of my pepper seeds from them, from now on. Also, between Pepper Joe's and Penny's tomatoes, I will only be shopping for Pepper seeds/Tomato seeds from these two places, and these two places only.

Fantastic selection of hot peppers, tomatoes, and Paprika peppers to boot!

Very Very Satisfied!!!
Positive hnkesecker
Martinsburg, WV
March 4, 2015
Have ordered just about all the new super hots + the carolina reaper. Must say so far have almost 100% germination on all the seeds sent.
Positive yalcserets
Nicholasville, KY
February 23, 2015
Absolutely love Pepper Joe's. Best selection of hot peppers anywhere. So far great germination rate. Top notch customer service. Highly recommend Pepper Joe's to anyone looking for hot peppers seeds with great people backing their product. Free seeds with ever order!
Company representative comment on March 2, 2015:
On Feb 24, 2015 6:42 AM, Pepper Joe\\\'s Inc. responded with:

THANK YOU so much Yalcserets, Triple C and IndyGal 25 for taking time out of your busy schedules to give Pepper Joe\'s such a nice rating. We appreciate you all and it motivates us even more to live up to your expectations. We\'re committed to stay with you every step of the way in your Growing process. Some ways that we can accomplish that....join our Facebook page at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] and sign up our FREE Newsletters at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001nkQb... Pepper Joe

On Mar 2, 2015 7:07 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. added:

We just saw this Review posted on a competitors website. THANK YOU "Peppers by mail". http://www.peppersbymail.com/reference/pepper-people/pepper-...

Positive TripleC
Roswell, NM
September 12, 2014
I have ordered seeds from Pepper Joe's for three years and each year the seeds are exactly what I ordered and arrive on time. Germination rates are 80% or higher and the plants do well. I added the Carolina Reaper pepper this year and am very pleased with this variety - 91% germination rate and so hot it would make a Ghost Pepper cry!
Positive Indygal25
Indianapolis, IN
August 20, 2014
I have been ordering seeds from Pepper Joe's for 2 years and have been planting both in pots inside and outside in the ground.

I have had nothing but top-quality peppers, thriving fruit in the pots that are inside for 2 years.

Their product and prices are excellent and I am a customer for life!
Positive ChiefBear
Virginia Beach, VA
August 12, 2014
Best selection and quality seeds I've ever bought. Overall I have had almost 100% germination and some of the healthiest plants ever. This year I planted quite a variety...Carolina Reaper, Pepper Joe Jalapeno, Early Jalapeno, Giant Jalapeno. Yatzy, Mulato Island Pepper (Freebie), Golden Marconi, Red and Orange Habanero, Giant Ghost, Black Jalapeno...I think that's it.

I've had the best harvest by far this year and have been able to can 12 pints of Jalapenos so far.
Company representative comment on August 13, 2014:
On Aug 13, 2014 7:00 AM, Pepper Joe\'s Inc. responded with:

THANKS ChiefBear and Dritman. It's always an honor to see customers take time out of their busy schedules to give us positive input. We appreciate each and every one of you.
Everyone check out our Facebook page at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] for tons of Garden tips, cool pics, contests and more.
Also join or FREE Newsletter for updates about new Hot Peppers, etc. at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001nkQb...
Thanks ALL and we'll work hard to continue to earn your business.
Great Gardening,

Positive Dritman
Calgary
June 9, 2014
Great selection, fair prices and I always have success germinating seeds from Pepper Joe. I've done a few orders with Pepper Joe and I'll continue to.
Positive bob613
Goffstown, NH
May 16, 2014
2013 was my first attempt at gardening (zone 5) and I had no idea what I was doing or where to buy my seeds. As a result of my inexperience and lack of knowledge, I had poor germination rates, but I'm still hooked on growing my own vegetables, so I decided to expand my garden.

This year I have spent more time looking around for local guys or at least proponents of organic seeds. After reading reviews here and perusing the Pepper Joe website I decided to order some seeds. Really the site is wonderful help for beginners. It is chalk full of information. I only ordered 3 packets - one Pepper Joe Jalapeno and 2 Pepper Joe Cayenne. Sorry folks, I can't handle the hotter peppers yet. Maybe someday! Plus, I really enjoy the wonderful flavor of both Jalapeno's and Cayenne.

Anyway, I received one PJ Jalapeno, one Cayenne and one Cayenne blend in less than a week. I'm glad I was sent a blend by accident because it will be interesting to see what color fruits I end up with. All of the seeds were whole and looked to be good quality. I also received a packet of hot sapporo seeds and takanotsume (hawk claw) which both look pretty awesome. Seeing as how I have already bitten off more than I can chew this year regarding the size of my garden, I'll save those two for next year.

So last year I only got 33% (I had no idea what I was doing) of my seeds from a big box store to germinate. I think they sold "Botanical Interests" or something like that. This year I did a little bit better all around. My Pepper Joe Cayenne seeds had about a 71% germination rate and my Jalapenos had an 83% germination rate. I would consider that very good for a novice like me. In fact it's so much more than I expected, I am trying to give some of my other plants away so I can fit all of my peppers in the garden. I'm going from 6 hot peppers last year to 36 this year. I thought I'd share that as a point of reference.

Also, it has been just over a month since I planted the seeds in the seed trays and the peppers are growing well with great color.

I plan to buy more seeds from Pepper Joe's next year. If you haven't spent some time looking through the website I would recommend it.
Company representative comment on May 19, 2014:
On May 19, 2014 2:25 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Thank you SO MUCH Bob613, DeanaMiller and MvilleChilihead and all of you other Gardening friends that took time from your valuable schedules to give us positive input. We're humbled that you would do all of that. THANKS again. We'll continue to try hard to stay with you every step of the way after you make a purchase with us. Check out our Free Newsletters, Facebook page and websites packed with information on growing Hot Peppers & Tomatoes.
Joe + Penny

Positive DeanaMiller
MOUNT EDEN, KY
April 15, 2014
I love Pepper Joe's! It's my go-to for peppers. There are so many varieties! I've had great success with all my orders and I feel confident that I am getting non-GMO seed. This is important to me. I also enjoy getting the free seed gifts. It gives me an opportunity to love something I might otherwise not have tried.
Positive MvilleChilihead
Marysville
United States
April 1, 2014
While I am only a second-year customer at PepperJoe.com, I have been thoroughly satisfied two years in a row now.
Last year my son and I purchased seeds from Pepper Joe for the first time, selecting the Carolina Reaper (of course!), Chocolate Habs and Bhut Jolakia. We enjoyed a 95% success rate with germination. Compare this to a 50% success rate you get from seeds purchased at the hardware and grocery stores and the price difference adds up INSTANTLY.
I have an extreme sense of confidence in their seed stock now, and have been very happy when reviewing their website for growing tips and various videos of numerous topics.
Not only have I received all of my orders within one week's time, but I recently emailed Joe with a question regarding a lighting problem I had. I had a response from him in my inbox the following morning! Now THAT is customer service!
Last week I purchased some Scotch Bonnet and Tabasco seeds from Joe, and started them the following day (after soaking overnight in warm water under my lights!) I eagerly await their appearance!
Hit this guy up, you will NOT be disappointed!
Positive Dangermoos
MacLain, MS
March 27, 2014
I am a professional horticulturalist so my experiences may differ from yours. That said, my comments relating to PepperJoes seed are more from a "peppers in general" point of view as I feel that PepperJoes seed quality, while they are priced competitively- seem very expensive...but they are first rate seed stock.
Loving my crop : Carolina Reapers, Morouga Scorpions, Jumbo Ghosts, Hab - Savina's , ...and some Cayenne's for the ladies!
Oddly the highly hybirdized Morouga Scorpions came up first, then the Cayennes. That was expected. Savinas and then Reapers~
I really like to keep them together so I can keep my light height even across their tops. Yesterday we had ice outside but today it is near 60 degrees?!
I will let them grow to ~ 5 inches tall then bump them up to 4" pots ( now they are in 72's - which is super convenient because I received 12 seeds each of the CR's, MS's, and Ghosts- making them a full row each [6 rows of 12 cells in 72's] also it is a good practice to keep the root mass tight; initially growing them in in the smallish 72 cells - then bumping them up a little as they mature. just after potting up I will move outside to the green house/ weather permitting- to begin hardening off. Will look for a cloudy day to pot up to the 4" size and move out - to reduce shock.
Three weeks in and my plants are ~8 inches tall and are in dire need to be planted up - or into bigger pots. Only lost one plant but I suspect that the cat got it. So far I have been very happy with my seed from PepperJoes!!
Now for the buyer beware stuff--
Peppers are notorious for taking an absurdly long time to germinate. They can be susceptible to attack from fungal diseases during prolong germination periods. They like a warm environment. I suggest that you use a new bag (only) of potting soil when planting to reduce the risk of fungal contamination. Also watering with warm water helps. I use a heat mat under my seed starter flats, as well as an intensive grow lamps and am in a greenhouse environment. I use seed germination growth hormones. They are very tricky if not used exactly right. All in all it would be expensive to replicate this at home but the good news is you can grow peppers in a simple peat pot and windowsill if you are patient. Just beware that it can take almost a month to germinate and will probably come up unevenly- so re potting individually maybe what's right for you.
I just hate it when someone has an unhappy experience - using poor technique, and blames the seed purveyor. Peppers can be one of the most challenging crop to take on. That's why most people get theirs already to plant at homedepot or walmart. But you can't get these at your local bigbox retailer!! Be careful, be CLEAN in your potting environment... and enjoy your crop!!!
Company representative comment on March 27, 2014:
On Mar 27, 2014 10:00 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Dangermoos, Redins & GJevins_00,
Thanks SO MUCH for taking your valuable time to do such nice and positive ratings on Pepper Joe's.
We do like to stay with our customers every step of the way after they place an order. So join us on Facebook along with 70,000 other gardeners at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] and sign up for my Newsletter "Chile News n Views" at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001nkQb...
We sure do appreciate all of you.

Positive gjevans_00
Ellsworth, PA
March 25, 2014
First time ordering from PepperJoe's this year and I'm very pleased so far. He has a great selection of seeds to choose from, a lot of helpful information on growing, and many web video to watch. I got my order within a week and everything was packaged nicely. I ended up getting 95% germination, which was way better than the past years buying seeds from the local big box stores. I asked PepperJoe a question about fertilizing and got an e-mail response the next day. I'm looking forward to showing off my garden of black and purple jalapeņos this summer. Thanks again PepperJoe!
Positive Redins
Bowmanville
March 23, 2014
I ordered Ghost, Carolina reaper and chocolate habanero peppers. The seeds arrived very fast and packaged well. I would of been happy with a 50% germination rate. However I had 100% with the ghost and Carolina peppers and 90% with the chocolate hab's within 14 days. They plants are all strong and doing well. I have messages them an few times with questions and usually within 2hrs I have a response. Dealing with Pepper Joe's was great. I highly recommend using them and I will not go anywhere else. I look forward to more purchases, if I survive the Carolina reapers!,,

Patrick
Positive bluemerle
North Las Vegas, NV (Zone 9a)
March 21, 2014
Posted on March 4, 2014, updated March 21, 2014
Hi Joe,
Received my Sweet Bell Peppers seeds, for me, and the Carolina Reaper for a friend, WAY TOO HOT for me!! The great quality seeds in their secure bubble wrap package came very quickly.
Sorry it's taken me so long to post a review. I've been trying to leave a very POSITIVE review for Penny's Tomatoes, also. Since Feb. 27, 2014, I've been D-mailing back and forth about why my post was "Halted/Rejected"!!
No explanation, No corresponding link, NO Recourse!!
I D-Mailed Dave's Garden's Representative, Terry, and all he does is refer to an old review posted back in Nov, 2013.
I just wish I knew what I did wrong, so I don't do it again. I couldn't find a place to post a "New" review for Penny, so I just posted it to "addition", which I explained to Terry, and asked him for the correct place to post. He doesn't seem to actually read my messages. I think my rather long, (as you can see), review is lost forever!!

Sorry to go on & on, instead of talking about Both your GREAT companies!!
Top Quality seeds and the quickest and BEST Customer Service ever!! Don't know what I'd do without both of yours expert advice!!
Thanks for all your help!! I'll let you know how my plants do in this very HOT Dry Desert Climate. I'm glad you guys sell seeds that tolerate the heat!!
All the best, Diane Huff
On March 21st, 2014, bluemerle added the following:

WOW JOE!!
All 6 of the varieties I purchased came up in SEVEN DAYS
after sowing!!! Oops, I take that back. I should say 90%
germination in 7 days!!! All but the "Santa Fe Grande" Peppers. Not a one of them came up. Oh well, they were FREE.
I think I wrote to you and Penny on Facebook, probably in private message, about some of the seeds actually sprouting in the pretty warm water that I soaked them in over night, as suggested. I kept a heating pad under them all night. Not a good idea!!
I was so sure that I had ruined them!. The hotter the Pepper, (Carolina Reaper, Fatalii, etc.), the more they sprouted. The Bells didn't do it so much.
Imagine my elation, when on St Patrick's Day, I woke up and found that nearly half of All my Pepper Joe's seeds had come up after only ONE WEEK!!
I thought it would take 4+ WEEKS to germinate!!

I better sow Penny's Tomatoes today to catch up!!
Thanks Joe for such a GREAT product!!! Now that they've all come up, I turn off the heating pad, Right??
Sincerely, Diane Huff

Company representative comment on March 21, 2014:
On Mar 21, 2014 4:11 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Diane and thanks again for the update. Your follow up is great.
Yes, take off the heating pad now that your plants are up....otherwise they can grow tall and leggy.
I'll gladly replace your Santa Fe seeds. Drop me an email at pepperjoe@sc.rr.com If you need us for anything else reach out on Facebook....I don't visit Dave's all of the time.
Thanks,
PJ

Positive mamaseeta
St guillaume, quebec
March 9, 2014
Ordered seeds from Pepper Joe and the package was postmarked 4 days after I placed the order. I received them within a week, no hold up at the cdn post office. Very solid packaging inside and out. Healthy looking seeds are planted and am anxious to see results. Later.......
Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Mar 10, 2014 4:16 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Mamaseeta, BlueMerle and Jeffer86.
Thanks a million for taking time from your busy schedules to do such nice reviews. We do appreciate that and thank you for being customers.
We do take time in our quick shipping time and order turn. We also go the extra mile and buy the best bubble wrap envelopes so that your seeds can't get crushed.
Customers like you make it all worth while. Please keep us posted on your growing progress at our Facebook page and join 70,000 other Gardeners that just love Hot peppers and tomatoes.

Neutral chilihead23
alberta
March 7, 2014
Posted on July 5, 2013, updated March 7, 2014
Posted on June 26, 2013, updated July 5, 2013
Posted on June 26, 2013, updated June 26, 2013
Posted on June 25, 2013, updated June 26, 2013
Ordered a large quantity of seeds 2 weeks ago from pepperjoes and still haven't received my seeds. I have emailed and Joe informed me he would get back to me right away with the status of my order that was at 7am my time its now 9:45pm no repsonse.

I do have confidence in him and trust he will deliver on his promise only due to the amount of positive reviews online.

For now my review will remain only as a neutral in hopes that Joe can make my first ordering experience a positive one.

I look forward to getting my seeds started and into the greenhouse in our hydroponics system so I can harvest by fall/early winter.

Thanks
On June 26th, 2013, chilihead23 added the following:

June 26/2013

Recieved an email stating it is being held in customs which could be up to 29 days from the sounds of it. While its not necessarily Joes fault I'm not impressed at this point.
As said I have the up most confidence in him so I am not blaming him. Just want my seeds! :(

Will continue to update when I know more.
On June 26th, 2013, chilihead23 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Thanks Joe received your email. I want to thank you for your concern and help thus far it shows you care for your customers.
I am updating to positive just for this reason
On July 5th, 2013, chilihead23 added the following:

Received my seeds july second. Fairly good packing and everything I ordered was there. Seeds all look good. Maybe one out of the 300 or so looks a little brown. Looking forward to ordering again. And apparently I'm getting some more free seeds for the mix up? Well that nice!

Thanks Joe
On March 7th, 2014, chilihead23 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Ok so its now march and I have started germinating seeds for over 6 weeks now, here's my results, out of the salsa kit, box of dynamite, volcano in a box, and fire in a box. I started 2 of each seeds aside from a few habs i already have yearlings of.. and have now waited, but so far I have a twin pumpkin Hab, one runt reaper, green onions,1 red moruga, 1 naga morich, one seven pod, 2 burbank tomatoes, and one roma. Not impressed.. that's less then 10% germinated so far. Its now march, I'll try some more but I'm guessing I'm too far behind. I thought starting in january was too early.
Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Jun 26, 2013 11:39 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Chilehead23 and Thanks for being a customer.

I did respond to your email recently. I was on vacation in Florida.
We ship out our orders in only 3 to 4 business days. Several other Seed Vendors charge extra shipping for shipping that fast....we don't.
I suspected that you were in Canada or overseas when I received your email stating that it was 15 days... if I remember correctly since you placed your order.
I'm NOT passing the Buck....the "Buck stops here"....but your Canadian Post Office is notorious for very slow deliveries.
I also asked my shipping department to reach out to you.
I told them to do so immediately because you sounded concerned.
The one thing that I can promise you....if your order eventually does not arrive....Canadian Post Office problem or not....I'LL take FULL RESPONSIBILITY and replace your order.
But from my personal experience up there....they typically DO arrive....just late or very late.
Let me know when they finally do arrive Ken....and I'll send you some more Freebies just to help with your aggravation.

On Mar 10, 2014 4:06 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. added:

Hi Chilehead23 and THANKS AGAIN for being a customer.
The Carolina Reaper seedlings do start out small...but it should grow strong and robust as it matures.
Our customers report a germination rate of at least 80% to 90%. There are many that posted here at Dave's Garden. But the most important seeds to you are YOUR Seeds lol...so I'll gladly stand behind them. Email me at pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with which varieties you feel need to be replaced along with your mailing address. And we'll toss in a few other surprises. Great Gardening, Pepper Joe

Positive Jeffer865
Coquitlam, BC
February 25, 2014
First time ordering through pepper joes. Some seeds from my order didn't germinate. I contacted PJ and he sent the replacement order the next day.
With service like that there's a reason PJ's been around,and hopefully stays around for years to come!
Jeffer865

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]