The scoop on 'Pepper Joe's Inc.'

Pepper Joe's Inc.

Pepper Joe's Inc. has 100 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Pepper Joe's Inc. is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

3904 Kensington Court
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577 (United States)

Phone: 843-742-5116
Fax: 843-626-4507

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with 1 company:

Company Comment, posted on February 22, 2012:
Yes we have the seeds for the Hottest Pepper in the World, the Carolina Reaper at 1,474,000 SHU tested at Winthrop Univ. in SC. As of now we still have seeds in stock, but they are selling like Crazy. We've added a collection of super-Hots alll over 1,000,000 Scoville units.
Or you can buy all 7 Varieties of the Worlds Hottest Peppers in our new "Volcano in a Box'. Check them out all out at http://www.pepperjoe.com/shoppingcart/html/pepper.html

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive DeanaMiller
MOUNT EDEN, KY
April 15, 2014
I love Pepper Joe's! It's my go-to for peppers. There are so many varieties! I've had great success with all my orders and I feel confident that I am getting non-GMO seed. This is important to me. I also enjoy getting the free seed gifts. It gives me an opportunity to love something I might otherwise not have tried.
Positive MvilleChilihead
Marysville
United States
April 1, 2014
While I am only a second-year customer at PepperJoe.com, I have been thoroughly satisfied two years in a row now.
Last year my son and I purchased seeds from Pepper Joe for the first time, selecting the Carolina Reaper (of course!), Chocolate Habs and Bhut Jolakia. We enjoyed a 95% success rate with germination. Compare this to a 50% success rate you get from seeds purchased at the hardware and grocery stores and the price difference adds up INSTANTLY.
I have an extreme sense of confidence in their seed stock now, and have been very happy when reviewing their website for growing tips and various videos of numerous topics.
Not only have I received all of my orders within one week's time, but I recently emailed Joe with a question regarding a lighting problem I had. I had a response from him in my inbox the following morning! Now THAT is customer service!
Last week I purchased some Scotch Bonnet and Tabasco seeds from Joe, and started them the following day (after soaking overnight in warm water under my lights!) I eagerly await their appearance!
Hit this guy up, you will NOT be disappointed!
Positive Dangermoos
MacLain, MS
March 27, 2014
I am a professional horticulturalist so my experiences may differ from yours. That said, my comments relating to PepperJoes seed are more from a "peppers in general" point of view as I feel that PepperJoes seed quality, while they are priced competitively- seem very expensive...but they are first rate seed stock.
Loving my crop : Carolina Reapers, Morouga Scorpions, Jumbo Ghosts, Hab - Savina's , ...and some Cayenne's for the ladies!
Oddly the highly hybirdized Morouga Scorpions came up first, then the Cayennes. That was expected. Savinas and then Reapers~
I really like to keep them together so I can keep my light height even across their tops. Yesterday we had ice outside but today it is near 60 degrees?!
I will let them grow to ~ 5 inches tall then bump them up to 4" pots ( now they are in 72's - which is super convenient because I received 12 seeds each of the CR's, MS's, and Ghosts- making them a full row each [6 rows of 12 cells in 72's] also it is a good practice to keep the root mass tight; initially growing them in in the smallish 72 cells - then bumping them up a little as they mature. just after potting up I will move outside to the green house/ weather permitting- to begin hardening off. Will look for a cloudy day to pot up to the 4" size and move out - to reduce shock.
Three weeks in and my plants are ~8 inches tall and are in dire need to be planted up - or into bigger pots. Only lost one plant but I suspect that the cat got it. So far I have been very happy with my seed from PepperJoes!!
Now for the buyer beware stuff--
Peppers are notorious for taking an absurdly long time to germinate. They can be susceptible to attack from fungal diseases during prolong germination periods. They like a warm environment. I suggest that you use a new bag (only) of potting soil when planting to reduce the risk of fungal contamination. Also watering with warm water helps. I use a heat mat under my seed starter flats, as well as an intensive grow lamps and am in a greenhouse environment. I use seed germination growth hormones. They are very tricky if not used exactly right. All in all it would be expensive to replicate this at home but the good news is you can grow peppers in a simple peat pot and windowsill if you are patient. Just beware that it can take almost a month to germinate and will probably come up unevenly- so re potting individually maybe what's right for you.
I just hate it when someone has an unhappy experience - using poor technique, and blames the seed purveyor. Peppers can be one of the most challenging crop to take on. That's why most people get theirs already to plant at homedepot or walmart. But you can't get these at your local bigbox retailer!! Be careful, be CLEAN in your potting environment... and enjoy your crop!!!
Company representative comment on March 27, 2014:
On Mar 27, 2014 10:00 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Dangermoos, Redins & GJevins_00,
Thanks SO MUCH for taking your valuable time to do such nice and positive ratings on Pepper Joe's.
We do like to stay with our customers every step of the way after they place an order. So join us on Facebook along with 70,000 other gardeners at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] and sign up for my Newsletter "Chile News n Views" at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001nkQb...
We sure do appreciate all of you.

Positive gjevans_00
Ellsworth, PA
March 25, 2014
First time ordering from PepperJoe's this year and I'm very pleased so far. He has a great selection of seeds to choose from, a lot of helpful information on growing, and many web video to watch. I got my order within a week and everything was packaged nicely. I ended up getting 95% germination, which was way better than the past years buying seeds from the local big box stores. I asked PepperJoe a question about fertilizing and got an e-mail response the next day. I'm looking forward to showing off my garden of black and purple jalapeņos this summer. Thanks again PepperJoe!
Positive Redins
Bowmanville
March 23, 2014
I ordered Ghost, Carolina reaper and chocolate habanero peppers. The seeds arrived very fast and packaged well. I would of been happy with a 50% germination rate. However I had 100% with the ghost and Carolina peppers and 90% with the chocolate hab's within 14 days. They plants are all strong and doing well. I have messages them an few times with questions and usually within 2hrs I have a response. Dealing with Pepper Joe's was great. I highly recommend using them and I will not go anywhere else. I look forward to more purchases, if I survive the Carolina reapers!,,

Patrick
Positive bluemerle
North Las Vegas, NV
March 21, 2014
Posted on March 4, 2014, updated March 21, 2014
Hi Joe,
Received my Sweet Bell Peppers seeds, for me, and the Carolina Reaper for a friend, WAY TOO HOT for me!! The great quality seeds in their secure bubble wrap package came very quickly.
Sorry it's taken me so long to post a review. I've been trying to leave a very POSITIVE review for Penny's Tomatoes, also. Since Feb. 27, 2014, I've been D-mailing back and forth about why my post was "Halted/Rejected"!!
No explanation, No corresponding link, NO Recourse!!
I D-Mailed Dave's Garden's Representative, Terry, and all he does is refer to an old review posted back in Nov, 2013.
I just wish I knew what I did wrong, so I don't do it again. I couldn't find a place to post a "New" review for Penny, so I just posted it to "addition", which I explained to Terry, and asked him for the correct place to post. He doesn't seem to actually read my messages. I think my rather long, (as you can see), review is lost forever!!

Sorry to go on & on, instead of talking about Both your GREAT companies!!
Top Quality seeds and the quickest and BEST Customer Service ever!! Don't know what I'd do without both of yours expert advice!!
Thanks for all your help!! I'll let you know how my plants do in this very HOT Dry Desert Climate. I'm glad you guys sell seeds that tolerate the heat!!
All the best, Diane Huff
On March 21st, 2014, bluemerle added the following:

WOW JOE!!
All 6 of the varieties I purchased came up in SEVEN DAYS
after sowing!!! Oops, I take that back. I should say 90%
germination in 7 days!!! All but the "Santa Fe Grande" Peppers. Not a one of them came up. Oh well, they were FREE.
I think I wrote to you and Penny on Facebook, probably in private message, about some of the seeds actually sprouting in the pretty warm water that I soaked them in over night, as suggested. I kept a heating pad under them all night. Not a good idea!!
I was so sure that I had ruined them!. The hotter the Pepper, (Carolina Reaper, Fatalii, etc.), the more they sprouted. The Bells didn't do it so much.
Imagine my elation, when on St Patrick's Day, I woke up and found that nearly half of All my Pepper Joe's seeds had come up after only ONE WEEK!!
I thought it would take 4+ WEEKS to germinate!!

I better sow Penny's Tomatoes today to catch up!!
Thanks Joe for such a GREAT product!!! Now that they've all come up, I turn off the heating pad, Right??
Sincerely, Diane Huff

Company representative comment on March 21, 2014:
On Mar 21, 2014 4:11 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Diane and thanks again for the update. Your follow up is great.
Yes, take off the heating pad now that your plants are up....otherwise they can grow tall and leggy.
I'll gladly replace your Santa Fe seeds. Drop me an email at pepperjoe@sc.rr.com If you need us for anything else reach out on Facebook....I don't visit Dave's all of the time.
Thanks,
PJ

Positive mamaseeta
St guillaume, quebec
March 9, 2014
Ordered seeds from Pepper Joe and the package was postmarked 4 days after I placed the order. I received them within a week, no hold up at the cdn post office. Very solid packaging inside and out. Healthy looking seeds are planted and am anxious to see results. Later.......
Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Mar 10, 2014 4:16 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Mamaseeta, BlueMerle and Jeffer86.
Thanks a million for taking time from your busy schedules to do such nice reviews. We do appreciate that and thank you for being customers.
We do take time in our quick shipping time and order turn. We also go the extra mile and buy the best bubble wrap envelopes so that your seeds can't get crushed.
Customers like you make it all worth while. Please keep us posted on your growing progress at our Facebook page and join 70,000 other Gardeners that just love Hot peppers and tomatoes.

Neutral chilihead23
alberta
March 7, 2014
Posted on July 5, 2013, updated March 7, 2014
Posted on June 26, 2013, updated July 5, 2013
Posted on June 26, 2013, updated June 26, 2013
Posted on June 25, 2013, updated June 26, 2013
Ordered a large quantity of seeds 2 weeks ago from pepperjoes and still haven't received my seeds. I have emailed and Joe informed me he would get back to me right away with the status of my order that was at 7am my time its now 9:45pm no repsonse.

I do have confidence in him and trust he will deliver on his promise only due to the amount of positive reviews online.

For now my review will remain only as a neutral in hopes that Joe can make my first ordering experience a positive one.

I look forward to getting my seeds started and into the greenhouse in our hydroponics system so I can harvest by fall/early winter.

Thanks
On June 26th, 2013, chilihead23 added the following:

June 26/2013

Recieved an email stating it is being held in customs which could be up to 29 days from the sounds of it. While its not necessarily Joes fault I'm not impressed at this point.
As said I have the up most confidence in him so I am not blaming him. Just want my seeds! :(

Will continue to update when I know more.
On June 26th, 2013, chilihead23 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Thanks Joe received your email. I want to thank you for your concern and help thus far it shows you care for your customers.
I am updating to positive just for this reason
On July 5th, 2013, chilihead23 added the following:

Received my seeds july second. Fairly good packing and everything I ordered was there. Seeds all look good. Maybe one out of the 300 or so looks a little brown. Looking forward to ordering again. And apparently I'm getting some more free seeds for the mix up? Well that nice!

Thanks Joe
On March 7th, 2014, chilihead23 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Ok so its now march and I have started germinating seeds for over 6 weeks now, here's my results, out of the salsa kit, box of dynamite, volcano in a box, and fire in a box. I started 2 of each seeds aside from a few habs i already have yearlings of.. and have now waited, but so far I have a twin pumpkin Hab, one runt reaper, green onions,1 red moruga, 1 naga morich, one seven pod, 2 burbank tomatoes, and one roma. Not impressed.. that's less then 10% germinated so far. Its now march, I'll try some more but I'm guessing I'm too far behind. I thought starting in january was too early.
Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Jun 26, 2013 11:39 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Chilehead23 and Thanks for being a customer.

I did respond to your email recently. I was on vacation in Florida.
We ship out our orders in only 3 to 4 business days. Several other Seed Vendors charge extra shipping for shipping that fast....we don't.
I suspected that you were in Canada or overseas when I received your email stating that it was 15 days... if I remember correctly since you placed your order.
I'm NOT passing the Buck....the "Buck stops here"....but your Canadian Post Office is notorious for very slow deliveries.
I also asked my shipping department to reach out to you.
I told them to do so immediately because you sounded concerned.
The one thing that I can promise you....if your order eventually does not arrive....Canadian Post Office problem or not....I'LL take FULL RESPONSIBILITY and replace your order.
But from my personal experience up there....they typically DO arrive....just late or very late.
Let me know when they finally do arrive Ken....and I'll send you some more Freebies just to help with your aggravation.

On Mar 10, 2014 4:06 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. added:

Hi Chilehead23 and THANKS AGAIN for being a customer.
The Carolina Reaper seedlings do start out small...but it should grow strong and robust as it matures.
Our customers report a germination rate of at least 80% to 90%. There are many that posted here at Dave's Garden. But the most important seeds to you are YOUR Seeds lol...so I'll gladly stand behind them. Email me at pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with which varieties you feel need to be replaced along with your mailing address. And we'll toss in a few other surprises. Great Gardening, Pepper Joe

Positive Jeffer865
Coquitlam, BC
February 25, 2014
First time ordering through pepper joes. Some seeds from my order didn't germinate. I contacted PJ and he sent the replacement order the next day.
With service like that there's a reason PJ's been around,and hopefully stays around for years to come!
Jeffer865
Positive grampadidi
Lexington, KY
February 13, 2014
On my third year with Pepper Joes and Pennys Tomatoes. I'm a hot pepper nut, and Joe knows hot. I love trying out the free seeds they send. I always have good success with my seeds, and plants bear great peppers. Timely in answering questions, and helpful in solving issues. Highly recommended. It's fun being the only guy that has all the latest in peppers. The Santa Fe Grande was a freebie last year, and is now one of my favorites.
Company representative comment on February 13, 2014:
On Feb 13, 2014 12:32 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hey to Grampadidi, Hayesyork and Ricky.
You all make it all worth our while.
Taking time from your valuable day to give us a good rating just humbles us.
Keep us posted on how your growing season goes.
Wishing you much continued success.
PJ

Positive hayesyork
York, SC
February 8, 2014
Pepper Joe always answers my emails promptly. Their shipping is quick and their seeds are top quality. My husband is actually the pepper fanatic. He loves eating them and now he loves growing them. He also just ordered seeds from Penny's Tomatoes for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The variety of peppers and tomatoes available is wonderful. We really appreciate the great customer service from Pepper Joe's and Penny's Tomatoes!

Positive Marijuana_Seeds
Hamilton
February 6, 2014
Posted on February 6, 2014, updated February 6, 2014
Got it today in the mail. Yaaaa baby ! Thank you for the free seeds that you sent me. You guys are the best.

Marijuana seeds click here: http://www.rickyseeds.com

Regards,
Ricky Tavares
On February 6th, 2014, Marijuana_Seeds changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Marijuana seeds click here: http://www.rickyseeds.com

Regards, Ricky Tavares http://www.rickyseeds.com
Positive mefisher74
Valparaiso, IN
January 29, 2014
I ordered seeds, and received them very quickly. I started the Jolokia early because of how long it normally takes to germinate, and they started sprouting about a week after sowing. I planted 11 and already have 7 shoots.
In addition, Joe has always been very helpful and courteous and always answers my emails.
Product + customer service
Company representative comment on January 30, 2014:
On Jan 30, 2014 8:10 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

THANKS Melfisher74 and RobertDurrant.
We're thrilled that you took time to do these reviews.
Glad to see so many positive comments on our SuperHots and the Carolina Reaper. The Carolina Reaper has been making front page news lately since the Guinness Book of Worlds Records recognized it as the Hottest Pepper in the World. SuperHots are very popular, but many of our customers still like sweet peppers or mildly hot ones like Paprika, Poblano, Jalapeno's, etc.

Positive robertdurrant
Victoria, TX
January 25, 2014
Hi my name is Rob I am 28 and I live in south TX. This is my 1st time growing anything. I was very inspired by Pepper Joe. The YouTube videos I found on growing peppers did not help me much and, I was very impressed when I came across 1 of Pepper Joes videos with his in depth discussions on everything I needed to know about growing super hot peppers. So I subscribed to Pepper Joe on YouTube and, I began watching some of his videos that I thought had my name on them. After I watched just 1-2 videos I knew that I wanted to try and start growing some Carolina Reaper peppers and some others too and from seeds and in containers inside early before spring... I feel like I know as much as a pro grower now and, I already have some beautiful Reaper seedlings that popped up but, they don't have true leaves yet. When I get at least 4-6 leaves on my plants I am going to use myco blast and continue with the 4 step system and with the other tips. PepperJoe.com and his FAQ's page was the single most helpful tool that I came across. I found out about his FAQ's page on one of his videos and from there I took off. Thank you again for all the one on one help you gave me and for answering every single question I had.
Positive ghostpepperguy
Baxter Springs, KS
January 24, 2014
Very good place to deal with if their is a problem they take care of it you can't beat that!!
have some Carolina Reaper seadlings growing right now
Very good selection of Quality seeds from Joes or from Pennys highly recommended!!

Company representative comment on January 25, 2014:
On Jan 25, 2014 6:41 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi Ghostpepperguy and RickyRadz.
WE thank you for your input and for being customers. I passed your compliments along to Penny at Penny's Tomatoes. She just grinned from ear to ear...lately she's been more popular than Pepper Joe. LOL. :) Our whole team tries to really excel at customer service and product. Your all can view Penny's at http://www.pennystomatoes.com/shoppingcart/html/combo.htm Yes, Spring time is around the corner (hopefully) and we're really hopping to ship our seed orders. Thanks to all for reading. PJ

Positive rickyradz
thorold
January 17, 2014
As a novice gardener with a limited growing season in Canada, I couldn't believe the success I had with Pepper Joes 'Volcano in a Box'...
I followed his directions and helpful webpage links to successfully grow at least three pounds of peppers...with only half of the varieties used.
I got a buddy and we made an awesome Giant Ghost/Moruga Scorpion hot sauce, and a Thai/Carolina Reaper hot sauce...unbelievable taste and burn!
It was a great feeling to grow something from seed to bottled hot sauce...we saved seeds from our harvest to replant this year, and get endless requests to share.
I tell them all the same thing...here's a Pepper Joe catalogue...go buy your own!
Can't say enough about this company...just good people.
Thanks Pepper Joe and Penny...looking forward to buying some of the other exotic varieties that you have very soon.
Rick. Canada
Positive Juan_Rios
Staten Island, NY
January 11, 2014
I have had an almost 100% germination rate with Pepper Joe's seeds, even with the free seeds included with my order. While I am not a trained gardener, his seeds as well as Penny's tomato seeds have been easy to start and prolific in harvest, despite my inexperience. I have turned most of my neighbors into chili heads and we are all chomping at the bit for the next crop. If you want the best seeds...these two company's are the ones to get. I have tried other sources of seeds, but these two by far have been the best. Keep up the good work!
Company representative comment on January 12, 2014:
On Jan 12, 2014 9:10 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hello Juan Rios and 59Smoking. We sure do appreciate you taking your valuable time to give us such nice ratings. Please stay connected with us customers and friends in our Facebook Garden community at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] It is teamwork driven, friendly and informative. Also, thank you for also the compliments on Penny's Tomatoes, our Sister Company. I'll pass that along to Penny. She's at http://www.pennystomatoes.com/
Great Gardening to all!

Positive 59smoking
Jacksonville, FL
January 1, 2014
Been growing hot peppers for a long time, found Pepper Joes two or three years ago and have nothing but good things to say about them. Awesome shopping experience, prompt and courteous responses to email questions, and a germination rate so good I may only use one seed per pot this year! After retiring in 2012 I started selling plants to supplement my income and trade seed with other growers all over the country. I gave away my overflow of peppers for so long the staff at the gym calls me Pepper Man. Pepper Joes product and information is so good, I carry his catalogs in my little red truck when I'm out cold calling with my hot product! My pepper head friends always comment on how good the peppers I give away are, and tell stories about the heat, usually after inappropriate touching. But pepper Joe has an answer for that too! Thought I knew my hots, but have learned a lot from these wonderful folks. Looking foreword to the Reaper, and am going to fulfill requests for stuffable Jalepenos this year. Strongly reccomend anyone who thinks heat is neat try them out, you'll keep on going back!
Positive audreymolle
Bangor, PA
December 29, 2013
Got seeds from Pepper Joe's 2 years ago...very pleased with service and harvest. Just last month, ordered "Volcano in a Box". The ordering is simple and I had my seeds delivered within the month. Can't wait to start growing. Anytime I have questions, Pepper Joe answers asap and politely, actually makes me feel like a friend. Love it.
Company representative comment on December 30, 2013:
On Dec 30, 2013 9:25 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hi AudreyMole, SCPatriot & DukeDvl and THANKS so much for taking your valuable time to do such insightful ratings on Pepper Joe's. The longer We've been in business the more that we realize the powerful nature of good customer feedback. We love you guys. We'll be celebrating our 25th Anniversary in the weeks to come. I'm glad to see your feedback on the Carolina Reaper. The medias have been packed this week with articles on the Reaper.....which is getting it's just due as the Worlds Hottest Pepper. ...and so tasty and easy to grow too. As a full service Seed Company we'll mail everyone a Free Catalog too. We've sent out 30,000 catalogs so far and have approximately 20,000 ready to send out for our 2014 Seeds. Get your Free Catalog at http://www.pepperjoe.com/form.htm

Positive SCPatriot
Winnsboro, SC
December 26, 2013
I ordered the Volcano in a Box seed set, and I was amazed at how fast it arrived!!! I ordered it a few days before Christmas, expecting it may get to my house sometime in early January. To get it before Christmas, well that made my holidays even better!

Each seed packet was in excellent condition, clearly marked, with proper amount of seeds (Pepper Joe did not "short seed" my order like I experienced from other suppliers!). And there were two additional "free" seed packets (which were interesting choices which I may never have thought to chose myself) just as advertised! They even included some instructions on germination, planting the seeds, which was much appreciated!

Based on the quality of service I have received thusfar from Pepper Joe's, I would definitely recommend Pepper Joe's and I fully expect to be "Reeping" the rewards of choosing these pepper seeds in 2014!
Positive dukedvl
Pinebluff, NC
December 3, 2013
Pepper Joe's sent Carolina Reaper seeds to me in March/April of 2013. They all germinated, a little slow to grow (I checked online, this was common among all Reaper seedlings). They matured into some beautiful and PRODUCTIVE plants. Pepper Joe's community on Facebook and on his website are very helpful, and celebratory of their customer's success stories. Proud to have been a part of the Carolina Reaper harvest of 2013, in its first year. I liked the VARIETY in the catalog, I had no idea the range of superhots that were readily available. I'll be growing many of their strains and ordering from them far into the foreseeable future.
Positive ColoradoClyde
Lakewood, CO
November 4, 2013
Very satisfied. It seemed like 100% germination of seeds that were promptly received. Almost makes you wonder why you plant 3 seeds per starter cell. Plants grew well and produced a lot of peppers. Free seeds included also turned out super! Website and newsletters provide great information. I will use Pepper Joe again this year.
Company representative comment on November 5, 2013:
On Nov 5, 2013 11:59 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

THANKS a Million ColoradoClyde, Mthurman, BillsKYInferno & Vegginaround. We're truly humbled by your positive input and that makes us even more determined to excel at Customer Service. We try hard to answer every email...but with the volume of emails sometimes our answer is short. We created a FAQ page for that reason at http://www.pepperjoe.com/gardening-tips/faq/faq.html
and we have also rolled out 63 Hot Pepper & Tomato gardening videos including this "Growing Hot Peppers 101" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtyLP5e4Hcw&feature=c4-overvi... We try to be with you every step of the way.

Positive mthurman
Brownsburg, IN
November 2, 2013
I've been buying seeds from Pepper Joe for 5 years. I first started growing them in pots on my back porch but had such good luck and positive results with his seeds, I tilled up a 25x25 garden in my side yard. I'm already looking forward to next March to start the germination process and mapping out the garden with the different varieties I'll need for various types of homemade hot sauces and canned peppers. He has any heat level you could ever want.
Positive BillsKyInferno
Worthville, KY
October 7, 2013
I have purchased Super Hot Butch T and Jolokia seeds from Pepper Joe's for the past couple of seasons.
Joe always delivers. His seeds are the best. He also provides helpful hints to assist his customers in getting the best possible yield. Thanks Joe

I already bought my seeds for next year, the HP22B, Naga Viper and Yellow Moruga! I can't wait for spring!

All I can say is that Joe "burns it on down".

R/
Bill from Kentucky
Positive vegginaround
Albuquerque, NM
October 4, 2013
We had so much fun growing your peppers this year. Still pulling the superhots off the plants. The Tazmanian Habanero is my new favorite pepper, and the Carolina Reaper is a heat like no other. Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.
Positive filmost
Koshigaya
Japan
October 1, 2013
Ordering process/payment leaves a bit to be desired; had a bit of a hiccup redirecting back to the site after paypal payment.

That said, they have fantastic customer service, reasonable pricing and very fast shipping. Answered my questions within a day or less with straight and to the point replies. Order reported shipped Saturday and was delivered Sunday to my parents place in Arkansas. And who doesn't like free seeds?!

Totally recommend and will definitely order again.
Company representative comment on October 2, 2013:
On Oct 2, 2013 8:05 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

THANKS so much Filmost (all the way from Japan), Jason0716, Billy449 and JerPar. We know your time is valuable and sure appreciate the positive input. Your comments like "responding with good advice", "best seeds and ideas". totally recommend" and "answering questions promptly" make us even more determined to excel at Customer Service. We try hard to answer every email...but with the volume of emails sometimes our answer is short. We created a FAQ page for that reason at http://www.pepperjoe.com/gardening-tips/faq/faq.html
We try to be with you every step of the way.

Positive jason0716
Parma, OH
September 30, 2013
I had ordered seeds for the first time online after much research. I have THE best hot pepper garden in Cleveland!!
my friend called it "Jason's fire garden!" I grew the moruga scorpion, cayenne, Sapporo, takanotsume, lemon drop, and big thai/ kung pao peppers all with great success.
already getting ideas for bigger and better next year!! thanks for the best seeds and ideas.
sincerely Jason
Positive bill449
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
September 30, 2013
Last year I decided to attempt to grow my own chillies.
As a novice grower in the UK, i had a couple of questions regarding growing - which were answered promptly.
I cannot fault the service, or the quality of the seeds - all of which germinated, and now i have so many chillies i dont know what to do with them!
I would recommend Pepper Joes to anyone who takes their chillies seriously - he certainly does!
Positive JerPar
Omaha, NE
September 28, 2013
I have been ordering peppers from Pepper Joe's for a number of years. I have moved around a lot so do not have an established garden area which means each season is a little different in where I am planting. Still, I have had good experiences with the seeds I received.
I have even planted seeds that I had not used the year before, and except for some Bhut seeds that did not germinate, (this is a year after I got the seeds) they others all did great.
I have emailed Pepper Joe a few times and he has always responded with good advice.
Bottom line is that I will continue to exclusively buy my pepper seeds from Pepper Joe!

PS....Joe, if you are reading this you probably know this, but when I sent an email to your contact email address at the bottom of your site I received a reply to send an email to a different one to contact you. Thank you for your quick response though.
Positive BigPimpin
Shawa
September 22, 2013
Called PepperJoes and left a message.
Penny called the very next day and took my order n'junk.
Received the seeds a week later.
Volcano in a Box!
All of the seeds germinated no problem.
Make sure you buy some seeds from Joe&Penny,Ya Hear?
P.s Watch PepperJoes videos on youtube.This dude is hella funny!
BigPimpin
Company representative comment on September 27, 2013:
On Sep 27, 2013 12:32 PM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Thanks a million BigPimpin, OhioShane, MarySouza & OhioReaper (Just LOVE that name).
I'm especially thrilled to get such fantastic germination reports. We've been continually raising our Quality Control standards with growing ultra-ripe pods, de-seeding and drying methods. Then it's all about good storage and shipping and packaging. Sounds like all 8 cylinders are running with these germination %'s that your reporting.
I'm also happy to hear our Video's are helping out. We now have 62 YouTube Vids on Gardening with almost 1/4 Million views.
And we've been getting a bunch of positive input on that Volcano-in-a-Box. Actually Gardening-How-to Magazine has had a 92% approval rating on it from their growers/testers. We're real excited about that. THANKS all for being customers and your support.

Positive ohioshane
Defiance, OH
September 13, 2013
The first year I started growing I got seeds from pepper joes and had great results. My second year I decided to save money and went through some cheaper site's. This was a bad idea I received all the wrong plants and seeds. This year I went back to pepper joes and couldn't be happier. My germination rate was almost 100 percent. All were the correct plants. I choose to grow the reaper. I cant say enough about this pepper. The heat level was what I expected and the taste is by far the best of any super hot I have had . Needless to say I will not be going thru anyone else but pepper joe. thanks again for the great seeds.

Shane from Ohio
Positive marysouza
SPRING BRANCH, TX
September 13, 2013
Went out of their way to ensure I received the products I needed by my husband's birthday. Really kept me updated on the shipment and the items arrived in perfect condition in a shorter time than promised. Thank you all so much for your help! We are excited to grow the peppers from seeds.
Positive Ohioreaper
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
September 8, 2013
This is my first experience growing anything. I love spicy food especially hot peppers but the variety of fresh hot peppers in my area is very limited. I decided to try to grow my own.

When I visited pepper joes website I was overwhelmed with the variety of peppers they had to offer. It was fantastic. I ended up choosing 16 different varieties. The website is very user friendly and informative. I emailed customer service because I made a typo in my ordering process and they responded right away and corrected the issue. I received my package promptly. When I received my packaged everything was packed neatly and well organized. I was impressed.

Being a new grower i needed some help and advice getting started. Pepper joes website had all the information i needed to get excellent results. Pepper joes also sends out informative emails ever once in a while suggesting things, reminding us of seasonal changes, and even showing us how to use our peppers.Once again, I was very impressed.

When growing my peppers I had excellent germination rates near 100%. I used a heat mat and one of the seed starting kits. All the seeds ended up being what they where supposed to be. I had to grow everything in containers in a short grow season and everything produced very well.

I emailed and sent some pictures to pepper joes to thank them. I did not expect them to respond but both customers service and pepper joe himself took the time to write me back. That's unheard of in this day and age.

Overall, I was very pleased with pepper joes from start to finish. They offer an excellent product, have great customer service, and do everything in their power to make you a successfully gardener. They really care that you have success. They could just sell you the seeds and be done with you but they don't they are with you every step of the way.

THANK YOU PEPPER JOES!!!!
Positive jmvan
Conneaut, OH
September 3, 2013
Purchased the Box of Dynamite seed bundle as well as other single packs. Great germination rate. My Brain Strain, Ghost and Carolina Reapers are all 4' to 5' high and still growing.
Already planning next years purchase from Pepper Joe's
Company representative comment on September 4, 2013:
On Sep 4, 2013 8:11 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

Hey THANKS so much JMVan, Kcatizone and Cbuteo for taking time out of your busy schedules to post such nice reviews. We appreciate it. Seems like the Super Hot Peppers are all the rage now. We just did a video to demonstrate how to cook with them and preserve them at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84CmY4ztv6I&feature=c4-overvi... I try to answer all emails personally. We did create an extensive FAQ page on our website to answer most common questions in great detail at http://pepperjoe.com/ Thanks all for being customers...and we'll continue to stay in touch on Social medias such as Facebook at [HYPERLINK@www.facebook.com] Fiery Regards, Pepper Joe

Positive kcatizone
Lynnfield, MA
September 2, 2013
We ordered hot pepper seeds from Pepper Joes about two years ago 2011. We couldn't plant them due to a house relocation. We planted the seeds this spring 2013 and they did great. We have a huge abundance of many different kinds of hot peppers. Most of our variety of plants you can't get in our area. We are very pleased with Pepper Joes customer service and quality of seeds. This is our first time growning plants from seed and we were very happy with the germination rate. We will buy our hot pepper seeds again from them for the next growing season.
Positive cbuteo
Bode, IA
September 1, 2013
First year doing business & nothing but positive things to say. All 8 peppers seed types plus bonus seeds were near 100% germination. Seeds arrived quickly, and a second batch even more so when 1/3 were wiped out by a late freak cold snap in June. Plants are thriving, and producing abundantly. Nothing yet on taste, but a few immature fruits tried seemed promising. I have had good response both by email and social networking sites. No complaints, and will certainly be ordering again.

Jeff

PS Thanks for the helpful tips, makes it easier for a relatively newbie like me to succede
Positive pepperfiend
Kearns, UT
August 29, 2013
Great guy to do business with. I've been a customer for over 3 years now. Its alot of fun to grow from seed. joe is with you every step in the process. He has a ton of video's explaining stuff like over wintering,container gardening and etc...find them on facebook under penny's tomatoes and pepper joe's he answers questions quickly on there. great community of growers on their page. With every order you get a surprise, free seeds random peppers I've never tried. It can be scary buying seed online you never now if you get what you paid for. I assure you are in good hands with pepper joe.
Company representative comment on August 31, 2013:
On Aug 31, 2013 9:09 AM, Pepper Joe's Inc. responded with:

THANKS so much to Pepperfiend, EvanCR, Digart, TinaHelwig and LanceHalle. We're totally flattered with your positive comments and will stay with you every step of the way to try to help with your gardening successes. We appreciate you as customers. Here are some FAQ with extensive answers to help with your gardening process http://www.pepperjoe.com/gardening-tips/faq/faq.html and also a recent video with some good "Hot Pepper Gardening 101" tips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtyLP5e4Hcw&feature=c4-overvi... Hope these tips are useful. Great Gardening, Pepper Joe

Positive EvanCR
Grass Valley, CA
August 27, 2013
Fast, Friendly, Firey! Our Volcano in a Box and Box of Dynamite are doing great! Joe's video and community is fun and informative.
Positive dlgart
Rembert, SC
August 22, 2013
I found Penny's Tomato & Pepper Joe on Face Book. I grow & LOVE hot stuff. Still, I learned ALLOT with Penny's posts. Recently I had a question and posted it for Pepper Joe. He quickly got back to me with his answer. I appreciate this because I was not a past customer. He was willing to put himself out to a follow pepper head! I will do business with him in the future!!!
Positive tinahelwig
Hidden Meadows, CA
August 22, 2013
I found Pepper Joe doing web searches on growing tomatoes.His site had great FAQs on growing peppers. I was able to cut back my pepper plants last year and they all regrew thanks to Pepper Joe. He answers all the questions I post on his Facebook page and has helped me out a lot in my garden. That is very rare and valuable customer service.