The scoop on 'Patio Garden Ponds Int'l'

Patio Garden Ponds Int'l

PO Box 892396
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73189-2396 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-487-5459 (orde

Comments:

Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
April 19, 2003
I ordered the following from this company: A Chinese Bowl Lotus, a 'Helvola' hardy water lily (dwarf), some anacharis, some hornswort and the Longwood hybrid Canna 'Erebus'. The prices were reasonable, and the plants arrived in decent-to-good condition. The 'Helvola' water lily plant is small, but it's a dwarf in every sense of the word, so it rather stands to reason. The lotus is small (it's supposed to be small) and looks very nice. The canna got a bit beat up in shipping, but cannas are tough. As for the oxygenators, well, they are green, not all rotted, and no worse than they would have been purchased locally.

I'm sure there are other companies that ship larger plants, but overall I'm happy with what I received at the price I paid.
On March 24th, 2005, nevadagdn added the following:

The lotus I received was in good condition, but it turns out water in my region never gets warm enough, even with an aquarium heater jammed in the pot. Don't try lotuses unless you have a greenhouse/solarium or live in an area where summer nighttime temperatures routinely drop 30-40 degrees below daytime highs.
On March 24th, 2005, nevadagdn added the following:

oops. What I meant was DON'T try lotuses if your nighttime temps drop that much. If you live in a consistently warm-night region (e.g. the lower Midwest), you will probably be fine.