The scoop on 'No Thyme Productions'

No Thyme Productions

8321 SE 61st Street
Mercer Island, Washington 98040 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on March 12, 2006:
No Thyme Productions is made up of gardeners first, business people third. We ship live year round as we are located in the moderate and beautiful Northwest and in the middle of winter it is nice to have something green arrive at your door.

Nine years of shipping pesticide-free plants grown in a cool greenhouse has taught us a few things. We stock seed from five quality seed companies, and we hope you will learn to love to grow your own.

We have recently added many new Italian heirloom vegetable seeds, and flower seeds from England, and we invite everyone to take a peek at our new selections!

Comments:

Positive Sherilou
Panhandle Gulf Coast, FL (Zone 8b)
May 4, 2011
This seed company has EXCELLENT customer service and fast shipping... I'm very happy! :)

Positive DCUrbanGardener
Washington, DC (Zone 7a)
May 16, 2006
About 2 months ago I placed an order with No Thyme for 5 scented geraniums. They came very well packed, so much so I was wishing they wouldn't do such a good job. I was too anxious to get to my plants.

I repotted those plants the following day. Within 2 weeks one of them died while another showed signs of stress. The latter plant followed the same fate as the first within the following fortnight, and as of early last week the third one went too. I was very confused with the chain of events, since two remaining ones were thriving and flowering. All five plants were placed next to each other, so they were receiving the same growing conditions.

In any case, I emailed them explaining my confusion. They responded saying they didn't comprehend what the causes might be. I then asked for a replacement for those three plants.

The replacements arrived yesterday evening, looking healthy. I will repot them today and see how they do. Fingers crossed.
Negative buddyeight
Lansing, MI
May 9, 2006
I took a chance on ordering from this company and based the risk on the feedback I saw on this site (which seemed almost too good to be true -- and turned out to be too good to be true).

I was VERY disappointed in No Thyme's products and pricing.

The plants received were much, much smaller than explained and the pot size was not the actual root size (i.e. plants were obviously removed from a smaller starter tray and placed in the larger pot with shipping materials around the root in the pot - very strange). I ordered from this company expecting to get the root size that was pictured and explainded...I could have bought plants twice the size for half the price locally. Two of the plants were broken off at the root during shipping. Shipping was also very slow without any notice or confirmation of order.

I will not order from this company again. I feel very cheated both in the quality of product and what they charged for the product.
Positive calypsa
Plymouth, MI (Zone 5b)
April 24, 2006
I cannot praise this company enough. I placed an order for 6 plants in mid-March and they arrived this morning. I love the way my order was packaged! I am incredibly impressed. This is by far the best packing I have ever seen. All of the plants are good-sized, are in excellent condition, and are absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to trying more of their unique plant varieties; I will definitely be ordering from No Thyme Productions again.
Positive DanaDW
Pahrump, NV (Zone 8a)
February 17, 2006
My plants (6) arrived in wonderful condition and beautifully packaged. A personal note was attached saying that one was "too small" so they sent it to me free!

Frankly I would probably have just accepted it as par for the course since it is healthy, IF I had even really noticed.
The fact that THEY noticed and did this for me says a lot about the care they take of their plants and their customers.

I will most definitely will be a lifetime customer.
Positive tucker303
Denver, CO
December 27, 2005
Placed 2 or 3 orders over the summer. Arrived quickly and nicely packaged. Had a bug problem with one order, they credited my account. Great company to deal with!
Positive johnsonjrbm
Olympia, WA (Zone 7b)
November 28, 2005
No Thyme delivered the seeds I ordered very promptly, and everything I ordered did well. In particular, they were one of the very few companies that carried lemon savory seeds.
Positive GardeningGirl
Chicago, IL
May 5, 2005
Very nice little company! There was a problem with my order, so I emailed them and got a very quick apologetic personal response from Nancy, and the missing item was shipped right away with a little note. Love the products - the gardening gloves are great, the coolest I've ever seen, very comfy....and that says a lot, since I hate wearing gloves when gardening and decided to give these a shot. Definitely check this company out.
Positive devcat
May 29, 2004
great customer service, wonderful plant and seed selection and garden supplies. they stand behind what they sell and shipping is very quick and they respond quickly to email. highly recommend this company. will order from again.
Positive silkieweaver
Salem, OR (Zone 8a)
April 27, 2004
No Thyme Productions offers a nice selection of herbs and seeds. My seed order arrived in only three days! I look forward to ordering again from this company.
Positive BSG1
Smithtown, NY
December 29, 2003
I tried No Thyme based on recommendations here and in GardenWeb. I was NOT disappointed, wonderful service excellent packaging and prompt attention to my concerns. I ordered 2 scented geraniums. Once I received them one of them didn't look very good as it was a bit dry. I called and they told me what to do & if the plant did not perk back up, they would replace it for me. I followed their instructions (basically a little TLC to help the plant after its long journey) and it perked right back up. I can't wait until the spring to order more. Thanks No Thyme, you are wonderful to deal with and I recommend you highly!
Positive fr0zen
August 29, 2003
Wonderful! I ordered quite a few scented geraniums. They were packaged wonderfully (although when I first opened the box I was worried). There was not a single leaf damaged! The geraniums are beautiful, healthly, nice-sized plants.
Positive Noodles
Olympia, WA
August 10, 2003
I found this company through a GardenWatchDog customer recommendation. I noticed they sold pelargoniums, so I e-mailed NoThyme about an unidentified pelargonium I had just bought at a local nursery. (It turned out to be pelargonium sidoides). Nancy responded to my question the same day (Sunday, no less). She had checked her plant references, but was unable to identify it positively. Although I was not a customer, her response was quick, friendly, and considerate. The website also is very attractive and easy to navigate. I plan to become a "paying" customer very soon.

Positive leaunoire
May 10, 2003
This is a wonderful company to do business with. My plants arrived in great condition in May, were packaged carefully and even included a scented geranium as a free gift! Their catalog is delightful and they have herbs that I can't find anywhere else. Their prices are great and they are a truly friendly bunch of people. I would definitely reccommend them to everyone!
Positive mehitabel
St. Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
March 31, 2003
I hhave ordered from them twice. Their plants are great, well packed, and they are very helpful by email or phone. Great company.
Positive sara1124
Oklahoma City, OK (Zone 7a)
December 28, 2002
Great source for hard to find herb seeds; very prompt shipping. I'll order again!
Positive nigellagal
Madison, WI (Zone 5a)
December 11, 2002
Back in June I ordered a number of herb plants from No Thyme. Not only were they in great condition when I got them, but the staff was also very helpful over email with a number of questions I had about caring for these plants. I will definitely buy from No Thyme again.
Positive MarianB
October 22, 2002
I ordered scenteds from this co.last year,the plants are still with me and I would order from them again.
Positive DrMikeG
Indianola, IA
March 2, 2002
No-Thyme Productions is a wonderful company. I ordered several scented geraniums a few months ago. The plants were large, well-cared for and packed well. Email with No-Thyme was answered quickly and courteously. I would highly recommend this company to anyone...
On January 11th, 2003, DrMikeG added the following:

Too bad I can't add an additional positive comment about No-Thyme. I placed another order in 12/2002. The plant arrived in great condition (again). Plant seeds I ordered were correct. Shipping was VERY quick. Very courteous which is probably the best thing a customer could hope for (but rarely see nowadays). I look forward to my next order.
Positive beverlynichols
March 1, 2002
They send out great advice, seeds, & plants in a very timely way.
Positive bmuller
Albuquerque, NM (Zone 7a)
January 12, 2002
This is a company that deserves more exposure. I've ordered plants and seeds twice from them, and both experiences have been positive--healthy plants carefully packed, with clear instructions and useful comments. The electronic newsletter, issued quarterly to subscribers, is delightful.
On January 11th, 2003, bmuller added the following:

Six weeks ago I received another shipment of high-quality scented geranium plants from No Thyme--ordered by my daughter as a birthday present for me. The plants arrived in excellent condition--several days sooner than my daughter had expected--and continue to thrive, putting on abundant new growth. The three or four scenteds I ordered from No Thyme a year and a half ago, after summering in my back yard, are currently thriving in sunny windows, and the lavender plant I received in the fall of 2001 and wintered in the house is enormous and healthy in my back yard--still green in the dead of a high desert winter.
Positive michaelgorski
Indianola
United States
January 1, 2002
I ordered several scented geraniums from No-Thyme and they arrived in beautiful condition. I don't see what the fuss is about the buckling up packing material. It kept the plants wonderfully during shipping and wasn't hard to remove. Nancy answered all my email promptly and (rare today) extremely courteously. Shipping was very quick and the plants were large and well-established. The geraniums are flourishing and the smell is wonderful. I highly recommend this company.
Positive MichelleDay
April 1, 2001
I found this site by accident when surfing the web for unusual herbs, and decided to give it a try. Wonderful service - I have ordered supplies, seeds and plants. Placed multiple orders on-line for seeds from several companies on the same day - and they arrived first from No Thyme (even though I live half-way across the US). The catalog is also quite entertaining. Ordered four herb plants as well - they all arrived in a timely fashion, although one of the mints was kind of beat-up. Although packed securely, the materials used to "buckle them in" was a bit excessive, and it seems to me that better ways could be found. All the others are now thriving in my garden.
Positive DorisJensen
November 1, 2000
I have ordered several books from Nancy (no plants yet). I received them promptly, and she was very accommodating and helpful. She also gave personal recommendations, based on my order, regarding what I might like to read in the future. I would highly recommend ordering from No Thyme. The catalog was injected with humor, and I would imagine she would give the same personal attention to shipment of her plants that she gave to the shipment of my books.