Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Comments regarding Webb's Water Gardens

Click here to return to Webb's Water Gardens's listing.

You are viewing only negative comments

  Feedback History and Summary  
16 positives
No neutrals
8 negatives

Comments:

RatingAuthorContent
Negative drg0730
(1 review)
On May 29, 2014, drg0730 Mableton, GA wrote:

I purchased a pond pump and had issue not as described according to their website. I paid for the item using PayPal. Item came later than expected up to 8 days after purchase. I realized the pump was too large for my pond use. I followed their return policy obtaining a RA number and shipping using recommended courier or UPS. I was accused via email that I used the pump in my pond...that was not true...I did test to make sure pump worked by plugging into AC plug. It worked fine just too big for my application. I've been accused of using the pump and they will not issue any refund.

This is a bad company with horrible customer service. I'd recommend do not buy items from Webbs Water Gardens. I'll be filing a http://www.bbb.org complaint in my state of Georgia and merchants state of Maryland. Very bad customer service and treat customers like liars.

Negative irisher50
(1 review)
On Sep 29, 2012, irisher50 Como, WI wrote:

ordered and OASE pond vac - after 2 uses - and fully reading and trying the trouble shooting I contacted Webb's - they ignored me twice and on the 3rd request to return - they said they gave my name to the rep from OASE - never heard from the OASE and my husband the engineer states - its defective -
dont plan on any customer servcie from Webb's- i should have 0istened to other Dave's members and not bought from Webb's nor the OASE

Negative sbs103
(1 review)
On Aug 17, 2010, sbs103 Goose Creek, SC wrote:

I purchased a Little Giant pump from Webbs in 3/2010. In 8/2010, the pump, while still under warranty, quit working. When I contacted Webbs (who is responsible for the warranty work for this brand of pump), I was instructed to mail the pump back using only UPS or FEDEX, though USPS would have been cheaper. Not only was I responsible for the shipping charges - Webbs did not issue me a pre-paid shipping label - but I also was instructed to enclose an additional $10 before they would accept the pump back to "look at it and see if it was defective." I think it unconscionable to have to pay a company to take back their defective merchandise. So now I am out $23 and I don't even know if Webbs intends to honor the warranty and replace the defective pump.

Negative CynR
(1 review)
On Aug 20, 2009, CynR Martinsville, VA wrote:

I bought an Alpine 2100Gph pump for my water garden after my old pump gave out after working for a couple of yrs. I paid 119.75 in july and needed it quickly. It came and we hooked it up right before we left on a all day trip. Upon returning home we notice the pump wasn't working . We started looking to see if we could see any reason for it not working. It started to work again and we sat and watched it for awhile . The next day it wasn't working when I got up.I called them and told them and asked for a new one. They told me to send it and they would check it out ..they sent me an email with a label for ups , the shipping was paid for.
i sent it and watched the tracking ..ups tracking reported they received it on Aug 3 at 11:30. I called the next day and they said that they hadn't checked it ..so I called again that evening.. and the next morning they told me it was running and they didn't see anything wrong with it. I told them i wanted a new one that they just hadnt let it run very long.So I called again the next day and they still said they couldnt find anything wrong ,But they would check it again and let me know.
Hubby talked to them that evening..and he got angry . he told them they shouldn't wait to send it , it should be a new one and they should have sent that back to the manufacturer and not made us wait ..he told them that wasnt good business to hold up someone a couple of days ...and they should be paying for the loss of koi because they were not prompt in handling it.
I went out of town 30 miles away and bought one on a special sale of 39.00 and it works like a charm ..
They left a message after we bought the pump ..two days later ...Saying they would either send that pump back or refund my money minus 15% .
I checked my credit card and I was refunded 88.00 so I called and complained . they said it was 15% plus shipping, and they werent suppose to return any money but under the circumstances they did. I told them they shouldnt have charged shipping because it was defective from the begining . He told me they told me there was a shipping charge. But if so then why didn't I pay it when I shipped it back?How do I know it was 13.00 to ship it ..I never saw the bill. I was also told that the manufacturer would not take one back that was working and he couldnt sell it to a customer because it was now used . So if so why would there be a restocking fee.
I will never do business with them again. It wasnt the money so much as it was the principle of it. They sell you something and if its bad they dont have to replace it. In my case take around 32.00 of my money when it wasnt my fault. I told them I was going to tell it on the internet anywhere I could and I am going to turn them into the better business bureau
also.
Buyers be warned!

Negative warsky
(1 review)
On May 28, 2009, warsky baltimore
United States wrote:

My order for a Cal pump was delivered promptly by UPS but did not work. I drove 40 miles one way this morning to return the pump. The unsmiling lady who took the pump to a tank for a trial also could not get it to work.

The unsmiling owner used a screwdriver to turn the motor. He also had a problem but then got it to operate. However the pump operated very noisy and I requested replacement. The owner refused to replace the motor and also refused to provide a refund as stated on the webbsite.

Because of the owner and the employees very negative attitude and the fact that the company did not live up to the stated policy, I would not recommend to anyone to purchase from this company.

This is my first negative webbsite purchase in almost 10 years. I would never purchase from Webb's

Very dissatisfied.
5/27/09

Negative dkmedl
(1 review)
On Sep 5, 2007, dkmedl Hampstead, NC wrote:

On 7/23/2007 I ordered a Tetra Greenfree UV3 with stainless steel insert for my pond. It was apparently defective and worked for no more than one day, if that long. When I called to report the problem, they referred me to the manufacturer. At Tetra, I was told they were "out" of the product, so now I am waiting for them to "find" me another unit. I think Webb's should have let me return it and sent me a replacement.


On Sep 5, 2007, Webb's Water Gardens responded with:

"


On Sep 10, 2007 10:04 AM, Webb's Water Gardens added:

Mrs. Medlin,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Tetra is usually very prompt in their handling of warranty claims but we were notified last week that they are temporarily out of their UV3 Ultraviolet Clairifier. Please send me your name and email address (to Kevin@webbsonline.com), I will issue a warranty return authorization and we will replace the defective product.

By the way, if you had contacted us after speaking to Tetra we would have handled the warranty inhouse. When you contacted us and were referred to Tetra we were not aware that Tetra did not have the item in stock.

Regards,
Kevin
410-879-3900
"


Negative koi1234
(1 review)
On Aug 31, 2006, koi1234 Walled Lake, MI wrote:

I just ran across this website. Don't take Webb's word for happy customers. I had a similar experience with Webb's in the past trying to return a defective pump. It was a different brand. Once they found out I wanted to return it, they wanted nothing to do with me. I never even used it. I would not buy anything else from this company.

Negative cougar4
(1 review)
On Aug 31, 2006, cougar4 South Monroe, MI wrote:

Webb's Water Garden does not honor their return policy. I purchased a Calpump PW2500 and because the company decreased the size of the impeller the pressure dropped dramatically. I have used these pumps for years and neither Calpump nor Webb's informed me of this. Their return policy says 100% satisfaction but you have to pay the freight back and a 15% restocking fee. I was willing to do this however, they refused. Their website says you have to get a return authorization or they will refuse any return. I have been ordering from Webb's for many years including these pumps. They don't stand behind their return policy. Kevin Webb is difficult to deal with. Don't buy from Webb's.


On August 31st, 2006, cougar4 added the following:

Yes, Webb's is correct they did accept the return of the larger Calpump PW3500 because they thought it was defective. It would not adequately push the water. They are incorrect in stating I didn't talk to them. I talked to Rob. He thought perhaps the larger pump was blowing out the relief valve because it was too big. That is why he recommened the smaller PW2500 Calpump. He said he has been in the business since 1987 and said I should order the smaller one. It wasn't until I received the second pump which pushed about the same amount of pressure that I called Calpump and they told me of the smaller impeller size. It wasn't until I called Rob back and informed him did he become aware. Therefore, Webb's is incorrect I did seek their technical advice. I was willing to pay the shipping and 15% restocking fee but Webb's will not call back. Their return policy does state if it is tested you can't return it but how do you know you are 100% satisfied if you dont' try it out. Do they mean 100% satisfied with the looks???? I can be pleased very easily. Take the pump back!!! Do not buy these Calpumps either!!!!!
On August 31st, 2006, cougar4 added the following:

In addition to purchasing the pump, I ordered Koi Pond food in a plastic bucket. They came in two bags. This is the second time Webb's incorrectly filled my order. Last year the same thing happened. When I called about it they told me to screw off! Now again I get two bags and not the resealable container to keep them fresh over the winter. Don't believe what Webb's tells you. They are not customer friendly.
On August 31st, 2006, cougar4 added the following:

Their refund policy should read 10% satisfaction guaranteed because they don't allow you to try the product!!!! Very deceptive advertising. Read the fine print with Webb's. I have contacted the Maryland State Attorney General and filed a complaint.
On August 31st, 2006, cougar4 added the following:

Since Webb's says they have so many loyal, satisified customers over 25 years, why don't they make me satisified by accepting a small return? If they do I will glady post it and go away happy and never purchase anything again from Webb's. I challenge them to stand by what they have said. I don't believe it. Just because you have been in business for 25 years doesn't mean you have satisfied customers. Just look at the mafia, IRS, and all the terrorist organizations. This company responded to this website but never had the courtesy to call me back when I asked for the item to be returned. Does this sound like a company you want to take a chance on? When I buy from Dell, Costco, Target, Kohls, HP, Newegg, CompUSA, Home Depot, etc. I never have this problem. Why in the world would a person take a chance when there is even a hint of a problem with Webb's?
On Aug 31, 2006, Webb's Water Gardens responded with:

"


On Aug 31, 2006 4:42 PM, Webb's Water Gardens added:

As long as you have used this venue to post your opinion I feel that it's necessary to get the facts straight. After receiving the original pump you called and reported a defect. We immediately issued a return label and had FedEx retrieve the pump. We tested the pump and found no defect but we replaced the pump in the interest of maintaining goodwill. You requested that we send you the Calpump PW2500 which is one size smaller than the pump you had originally purchased and used. We promptly sent the replacement pump to you and issued a refund for the difference in the cost of the two pumps, all shipping at our expense. You installed the second pump and realized that you had made a mistake in requesting a smaller pump. At this point we already have one pump that we are not able to resell and we cannot afford another.

You quoted our return policy, oddly enough you omitted the second half of the sentence, the sentence reads "All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee and must be in new, unused, untested condition. Items tested in any manner are not returnable". Our policies are available from every page on our website and through the entire checkout process. The fact that used items are not returnable is also clearly on your receipt. This policy is not new, it has been in effect for over 10 years.

Regarding the difference in the pump's output, Calpump made a model change approximately one and a half years ago. We accurately display a picture of the pump, the correct wattage and most importantly the pump's output at various head pressures. The new pumps are different than the previous models and have unique item and product numbers. You claim that we did not inform you of the difference in the two models but your order was placed via our website without any advise from our technical support personnel. We process hundreds of orders per day, how could we have known that you needed help unless you requested help. You also had the opportunity to use a PW3500 before returning it, you then requested a PW2500 because the PW3500 was too strong. There are no models between the two you have tried.

We have been in business for over 25 years and have earned tens of thousands of loyal customers. We did not grow to this size by ignoring our own policies but we have on rare occasion come across a customer who just cannot be pleased."



We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.
 

Hope for America