Photo by Melody

Comments regarding Trade Winds Fruit

Click here to return to Trade Winds Fruit's listing.

You are viewing only negative comments

  Feedback History and Summary  
71 positives
10 neutrals
8 negatives

Comments:

RatingAuthorContent
Negative GardenFL
(2 reviews)
On Aug 21, 2006, GardenFL Merritt Island, FL wrote:

I placed an order with Trade Winds Fruit on July 11. After one month passed and I hadn't heard a thing from the company I began sending e-mails to the addresses listed on heir site. No response period. I can�t even tell if they are still in business.

Finally, being unable to reach them at all, and not receiving the order, I launched a complaint with PayPal, the company they use to process orders.

I definitely would NOT Recommend this company to fellow gardeners. If they are still in business, they aren�t acting like it.

Negative LarrysOrchids
(1 review)
On Jun 8, 2006, LarrysOrchids New Baltimore, MI wrote:

The only reason I ordered from this company to start out with is that they stock many rare and hard to find seeds. A friend of mine ordered from them, and liked what he had gotten, but had said that they were tight with the amount of seeds they send, and that there is no specific mention of how many seeds you will receive. I ordered anyway because I only really needed a couple of each plant.

Ordered and paid for on 5/1 by 5/22 when I had not received anything, I left an e-mail that went unanswered. I left 5
e-mails over 6 days that all went unanswered. I had to contact PayPal to get my money back (which I did).
PayPal should FORCE sellers to list an active phone number for customer support/service. I consider PayPal to be as much at fault for doing business with this company. They can see how many times they have had to issue refunds to buyers because this company is SO messed up.

This company hides behind a Post Office Box and e-mail so that they NEVER have to deal customers directly. I WOULD AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

Negative tucker303
(8 reviews)
On Jan 19, 2006, tucker303 Denver, CO wrote:

Purchased seeds online 12/21 via PayPal. Emailed for a followup on 01/10/06, 01/11/06 and 01/15/06 and never have had a response. A response to an email would be good customer service and I have not had a response. Filed claim with PayPal today to get my money back. Personally, I will not purchase from them again for the lack of service shown a customer.


On January 25th, 2006, tucker303 added the following:

Worked with PayPal to resolve. Within a few days an email from PayPal indicated the seller was shipping the seeds. They arrived yesterday 01/24. Can't vouch for viability but they did arrive. Still a negative experience because I had to followup with ZERO communication from the company. Not the way it should be.
Negative klogg
(1 review)
On Jan 14, 2006, klogg Norfolk, VA wrote:

TOOK MY MONEY AND NEVER FILLED MY ORDER! quick to take my money via paypal, never mailed my seeds. i emailed them 10-12 times over a period of 3 months and they never responded to any of them. they did not fill my order and did not refund my money. I will NEVER order from this company. They don't even have a phone number or customer service department. DO NOT ORDER from companies like this.

Negative Debelli
(1 review)
On Dec 10, 2005, Debelli Greenville , SC wrote:

First order we for family out of the country got shipped in a fair amount of time, not quick, but not terrible. Though, many of the seeds did not germinate we were told.

Family wanted another order of different variety. We gave another order to TWF during the summer, about 6 months ago. Dealt with someone named Matt - after just one e-mail of telling us one item wasn't in stock, we never heard anything again, and never got any replies to any of our
e-mails. Of course, family never recieved order.

I would stay far, far away from this company. There is no phone number listed anywhere for them and other than e-mail there is no way to reach anyone. They take your money and don't send anything. Can't put in a claim with Paypal because in being patient, it was over the time limit to put in a claim.

If you decide to give them a try-best of luck to you!

Negative CamarilloJeff
(1 review)
On Jul 31, 2005, CamarilloJeff Camarillo, CA wrote:

NEVER AGAIN will I place an order with this company. I happily placed my order 17 DAYS AGO. My money was swiftly accepted, the very same day in fact, via Paypal. Their website states that orders will be processed in 5-7 working days. So after two weeks, I send them an e-mail. No response. Couple days later I send another e-mail. No response.

There may be a good reason that it takes them so long to send out seeds (up to a month, according to some other posters here). I can't begin to imagine what those reasons might be, but what do I know, I'm not in the seed business. There is, however, NO good reason not to respond to a customers e-mail. Twice, in my case.

If it takes a month to process orders, then they should say so on the website. If they've taken the summer off and left no one to mind the store, then tell people. But they can't expect to neglect their customers and get any repeat business (or happy watchdog posters). This company has a really cool website with a lot of neat, unusual products and decent prices (all of which means nothing if you never get your order). My advice to them is to update their site. Tell people that it will take many, many weeks to receive their order of small seed packets, explain why, and then (here's the really important part) step up to the plate and include a CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER.

Negative uschican
(1 review)
On Apr 7, 2005, uschican wrote:

>> I ordered seeds from Tropical Ffruit Winds company in
>> California .

>> Over 1 1/2 months my order went out, I paid almost $ 50.-
>> Wrote them many times over email-- no response,(they do not give you >>a phone number number) .
>> Finally, had one response from Nicole,there,
>>2 weeks ago, because I told them, I would make this known to
>> your Watchdog and the Garden Web community. Since then
>> nothing.
>> I am still waiting .
>> This is a company you have listed in your company lists.Very >> frustrating.
>> This company's name had been given me by a friend in Brazil, >> to obtain tropical fruit seeds. Friends on Garden Web are awaiting the results, some have expressed the thought not to >>order from them at all
>> Ursula


On April 15th, 2005, uschican added the following:


Promised Nicole to add this to my comments.
Received the seeds in very good condition, yesterday April the 13th
But Carlos in Brazil is still anxiously waiting for his seeds

My reply on Saturday 12:10 am at night
Dear Nicole,

I ordered mine more than a month ago. You never answered my letters or emails. I could have rectified this a long time ago.
4 weeks ago Carlos asked me about his seeds which I had, together with mine, ordered before that date. I should have kept better notes, but was not expecting any of this.
and I did not need any special treatment, as you say. All it would have taken would have been communication. You only answered the first time because I said I would inform Dave's Garden Watchdog. and now you acted and send the seeds, because I actually did.
You asked for an additional $ 22.50 I send $ 23.-
Thanks for the order anyway.
I will post this letter on the watchdog just like this.
Will contact all my friends which have followed this over time

Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:54:06 -0700 (PDT
Ursula,
Your order was sent today via USPS priority mail. We
received the remain
der of your balance on Wednesday
4/6/05. As per your post on Dave's Garden Watchdog we
will post explanation from our part. You should
realize that we did not charge you for the priority
shipping, nor did we charge you for splitting the
order, as we should have. We also put your order above
all other orders that came in before yours. Your order
was received into our system on 3/29/05 and was sent
today on 4/7/05, which is within our shipping
guidelines as posted on our website (5-7 BUSINESS
days). Not to mention, that technically your order was
not complete until we received full payment, which was
on Wednesday.

Nicole
Negative banananut
(7 reviews)
On Mar 13, 2005, banananut Eureka, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

The seeds came in a timely manner, but the palms seeds I ordered were rotting from being uncleaned. The package was dripping ooze, and stinking upon arrival. I shrugged it off and cleaned the seeds, but found that all of one type were so old or moldy that they crumbled when touched.
I called and asked for some replacement seeds, but got no reply.
I'm not sure I would order palm seeds from them again.(or any that need cleaning)


We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.
 

Hope for America