Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Tea Room 129, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Tea Room 129

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Tea Room 129
77sunset wrote:
Hello Teresa.
thanks for reopening the Tea Room.
I enjoyed it all before, but people started dropping out until there were only about 3 of us. I also had Hubby to look after so wasnt getting on the computer so much myself.
It gradually drifted until it became changed into just another garden thread.
I hope there are a few people out there who will join in again.
Love the pretty orphans you found. I used to always look for the orphan table in any plant places, but you are right about a lot being not worth saving as they are already rotting.
I have bought plants that have been so rootbound, I have had to use a tomahawk to attack the roots just to open them up a bit so water can get in.
There has been no soil left so plants were not getting a drink.

I think there are a lot of nurseries and plant departments in large stores that mean well in having plants, but have no idea of what to do. The plants should be checked before going on sale as there are so many that wont survive in a garden once bought.
I'm not talking about the orphans here, but the ones in general sale. Its sad to buy a lovely looking plant only to find its potbound or just so overwatered ( or under watered), that it is going to die.

Better get off my soapbox....lol
I just get annoyed at places selling plants they know nothing about, so how are the customers going to know ?

Its a lovely Autumn morning here and I have been for my walk.
Now its time for breakfast and maybe watering the pots. Its overcast now after the sun tried to come out, but no sign of rain.

Hope we see a few faces back in here later.
pic is my latest painting done with palette knife.

Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top