Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. You have until October 22nd to submit your images. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Tea Room 129, 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Tea Room 129

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Tea Room 129
77sunset wrote:
good morning all.
I have just been for my morning walk in beautiful autumn sunshine.
No wind and not hot, just pleasant to be out without a jumper.
It will soon be getting a lot colder and wet, but I hope to continue my walks as long as the weather isnt too bad.
One can sticky beak at all the gardens and see what is growing around the place.
Sadly , there are a lot of old houses that are empty and gardens neglected, as this small town is one of the older ones around the district, so as the local industries went, so did the younger people. It is mainly an old peoples place now with lots of retirement units .
We are lucky to have one of the best hospitals with attached nursing home . It is only a few years old and was a wonderful place for my dear hubby until he passed on.

Now that my garden is so small , I am getting used to it instead of the 2 acres we had at the house. A lot easier to manage even if I miss all the different plants.

Teresa,I hope the tree trimmers came back and you had your tree cut back lower.
I found over the years that some of the tree trimmers are so hopeless at doing what should be done with trees.
I hate to see some of the butchered trees around here.
Down in the next town there are some beautiful large Pin Oaks . They get chopped into an L shape to go around the wires.
Over further is a small place with a lovely avenue of what we call Lilac trees but they are no relation . I have no idea what the real name is but they get chopped back to a flat pancake every year. They are a pretty tree which never grows extra large, just high enough to reach the wires.
You will see lots of places where trees are just hacked off into weird shapes regardless of where or what they are.
I have often thought it would be cheaper for councils and electricity companies to just replace street trees with smaller ones that never need pruning.

Al, lovely to see you back now that Teresa revived the Tea Room.
Please drop in any time . You will not be hogging the thread. We like to hear about whats going on elsewhere.

Magpie, if I was you I would be working hard to discourage that brush turkey. Once they decide they want a place , you will end up with a large family of them. They are ruinous to gardens.
A friend in Qld, was plagued with the darn things which do untold damage everywhere.

Moon, how are things over your way ? Nice to say hello again.
I will try to drop in more often.
I am off to the shops now and will be back at my painting later.
I have started a new one and always want to get into it to see how it will evolve.

Take care everyone
a couple of my roses here at the unit.
Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top