Photo by Melody

Sewing, Quilting & Needle Arts: JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and ideas sharing of ideas!, 2 by Bettypauze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bettypauze

In reply to: JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and ideas sharing of ideas!

Forum: Sewing, Quilting & Needle Arts

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and  ideas sharing of ideas!
Bettypauze wrote:
Need 2 more rows on periwinkle top, could just add borders but think Id like the size better adding blocks vs borders.

In the meantime I like having little projects to do so I decided to make grip pads to open jars etc, good way to use up more scraps..bought heavy duty shelf liner..made one then decided they were a little harder to use as a square so made another folded piece to be able to insert your hand..works well..only drawback is if you turn the piece inside out and want to machine sew the opening left for turning the feed dogs or the foot wont glide so came up with using my scrap dissolvable from embroidery projects..I cut them in 1/2 inch strips, put them on the edge of the piece, sew, trim, wet them with hot water and leftover dissolves.

Hoping these help

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America