Photo by Melody
Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Sewing, Quilting & Needle Arts: JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and ideas sharing of ideas!, 4 by BabsERNurse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BabsERNurse

In reply to: JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and ideas sharing of ideas!

Forum: Sewing, Quilting & Needle Arts

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and  ideas sharing of ideas!
BabsERNurse wrote:
Good morning ladies!
Thank you for the compliments. Yes indeed, I got the fabric panel and the other fabrics from Jordan Fabrics but mine didn\'t come in a kit. I bought 3 panels because I wanted to make one for myself and have another in case of need for a gift. The one thing I have to say when you make this, be sure to trim the top and bottom precisely so those bamboo leaves show properly. It\'s actually very easy to do. You\'re just sewing strips together. I actually watched Donna Jordan\'s tutorial and went along with her step by step. I encourage you to make it, it does turn out beautifully. The gal I gave it to took it into her work to show it off and said there wasn\'t a person at work who didn\'t like it.

I am including a photo of a table topper I made for Christmas time in 2016. It was my first so I was pretty unfamiliar with how to put it together. Don\'t quote me on this but I believe it\'s from a Riley Blake collection of fabrics. I could very well be mis-remembering (using a political phrase). Lol Also a quilt I made for another friend. This was made from the \"Farmer\'s Daughter\" collection by Moda. Just when I found a line of fabrics I really like they discontinued it. Bah!

Right now, while I\'m still home-bound I am pretty much relegated to sewing kit projects. I can\'t get to the fabric store to select what I want and I despise trying to select fabrics online unless they are already in a kit so I know they will go together. Hopefully this will end soon and I\'ll be able to drive again. (keeping fingers XX\'ed).

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America