Photo by Melody

Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener: Any Homemade Sprays For Double Knock Out Roses?, 1 by JeffreyinGA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JeffreyinGA

In reply to: Any Homemade Sprays For Double Knock Out Roses?

Forum: Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Any Homemade Sprays For Double Knock Out Roses?
JeffreyinGA wrote:
[quote=\"Pinetucky\"]I have a Knockout rose planted in a shady spot that only receives a few hours of morning sun. It blooms nicely, although not as well as it would in a sunnier location, and helps brighten that area. So your roses should be fine. Sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lady G. She looks much like my sweet JillyMae who we lost a few years ago.[/quote]

Hello Pinetucky,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess it\'s hit or miss, but so far, my roses do look like they\'re doing okay to me, except for the leaves being chewed on.

Thanks for the kind words about Lady G. I thought more of that sweet cat than I do of most people I know. :) And I bet JillyMae was just as pretty as her name. Sorry for your loss as well. They are family.

I just came from outside with a few more images to share, and have a few more questions.

1. I believe that\'s an inchworm in image one. He was on a rose leaf before putting him on my hand. Maybe this is what has been chewing on the leaves. What do y\'all think?

2. Some type of flying insect on a rose leaf in image two. Any idea what this is?

3. What may be causing the leaves to curl in image three?

Again, thanks everyone!

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top