Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Dichondra, Kidneyweed 'Silver Falls' (Dichondra argentea), 1 by MARYARNETT

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MARYARNETT

In reply to: Dichondra, Kidneyweed 'Silver Falls' (Dichondra argentea)

Forum: PlantFiles Pictures

Back to post
Photo of Dichondra, Kidneyweed 'Silver Falls' (Dichondra argentea)
MARYARNETT wrote:
I have adopted a garden along the Town Lake Trail in Austin Texas through the Town Lake Trail Foundation. This is a picture after it was about 1 month old. I planted in August. The Silver Pony Foot is planted around the edge of the circle and took hold pretty easily. It filled in the spaces between the boulders and does a great job holding the soil in place. It is so beautiful...I always have to stop and look back before I leave my garden. It just shimmers from a distance. The artemesia that I planted almost matches the color. I will find out tonight if it survives 29 degrees. To get it established in the ground quickly, look for hanging baskets and spread the runners out on the soil. It takes hold very fast. There are a number of specialty nurseries in Austin that have done some beautiful planters with this ground cover: Big Red Sun and The Great Outdoors. If you visit Austin, take a look at the planters in front of our new City Hall. This and other ground covers are in abundance and it is gorgeous.