Photo by Melody

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Flowing and Glowing (Tips for Long Hair Part II), 1 by skinfully_bare

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright skinfully_bare

In reply to: Flowing and Glowing (Tips for Long Hair Part II)

Forum: Beauty and Fashion Tips

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Flowing and Glowing (Tips for Long Hair Part II)
skinfully_bare wrote:
I have waist length straight hair for about 18 years now. I kept cutting it back by three inches & regretting it so now it grows as it will. I didn't do this on purpose. My hair is so baby fine that no one wants to cut it. They are afraid. I paid $150 at a fancy salon just for a cut. Shoot, they couldn't even wash it right. Made a total mess that took me about 45 minutes to comb out. Then all she would do is trim it. Most I've ever paid for a trim in my life! I won't be going back to any salon ever again. I want it to have some layers around the face & so I tried myself to cut "bangs" or something but I'm not good at it. I've been too afraid to go anywhere because they all think my hair is too thin but it's really not thin... just baby fine. Anyway... I decided I'm better off with straight uncut hair anyway. I like the ease of putting it up... that I don't mess with it all the time like most women do. The savings is great too. Most women spend a fortune on their hair. But I found that my hair too falls out a lot the longer it gets. It sheds seasonally. I hate it. It gets everywhere... worst place... down the back of my pants... need I say more? LOL Recently, someone told me to try Neem oil treatments. Well, it's not for the faint of heart. The smell is somewhere between garlic, peanuts & sulfur. But it works! My hair is GREAT now. Shinier than ever too. I've always had shiny hair but this is wonderful. I put it on my scalp with a bottle used for coloring hair. I just warm it up first & squeeze it along my scalp. Rub it in & put on a cap for a few hours. The shampoo afterwards is weird. Takes a few washings. But the shedding hair thing is much better. I once had a teacher in the 60's who was Presbyterian. She never cut her hair in her life. One day we bugged her enough for so long she finally took down her plaited "bun" (which was more like a hat of hair because it was huge). It stretched behind her about ten feet & it was still braided! It was a religious thing. She said her hair was her crowning glory & a gift from God. I'll never forget that. I loved her as a teacher so much that I always wanted to have plaited long hair when I got old just like her. So many older women have short bobs but I don't like that. Looks mannish to me. I guess it was a self fulfilling wish. No one wants to cut my hair even if I try to find someone. I've gone in several places last summer in frustration with it & they just shook their heads when I walked in. No one will touch it. Maybe because I keep it red with henna & it shines so much. LOL Who knows. But after reading LC2sgarden, I think I finally will just accept this is my fate to have long hair & see how long it will grow before I pass away too. I'm 47 now... so maybe it will touch the floor. Give something for kiddos to bug me about like Mrs. Moore, my teacher in 3rd grade. That'd be real nice. :) Well here's my photo so you can see the travesty my friend did to me when she photo'd me. Remember... it's waist length & straight & fine. So how she did that was a nightmare for me. My hair was in shock for a week after this photo! LOL no kidding

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America