Photo by Melody
Announcements
Hey folks! It's that time again. Start getting your Pixel County Fair entries ready. It starts on the 6th of August.

Beginner Gardening: Easiest way to remove large ugly shrub?, 1 by Rainbowman18

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Rainbowman18

In reply to: Easiest way to remove large ugly shrub?

Forum: Beginner Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Easiest way to remove large ugly shrub?
Rainbowman18 wrote:
Eileen, Good evening. Go to Springhillnursery.com and check out all the wonderful ground covers they list for zones 3 to 6. I am sure you will find something satisfactory there.

Judy is right when she says you will have a hard time getting rid of it or keeping it under control. I see a carpet Scarlet Flame Phlox that looks nice. There are so many different choices that it boggles the mind.

Here in south Florida we have some tropical ground covers that do very nicely. I am cultivating some gloxinia sylvatica that is now out of bloom and setting up for new plants in one part of my garden and I am trying to take cuttings and introduce it to some other parts of the landscape.

I also have have some blue daze growing as a ground cover, which particular plant has medium blue small flowers that look great against some yellow-blooming Cuban buttercup and purple-blue Porter Weed.

You should try to experiment by buying a couple of popular and hardy ground covers and see which one does the best for a certain spot. After some experiences with different plants your thumb will turn greener and you won't be a newbie. It just takes some research and trial and error. Good luck in your new endeavor.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top