Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012
perke_patch wrote:
wow miss a couple days and there's lots of reading to do to catch up. Welcome Shirley. with regards to your big ceramic pots, we have those but leave our broms in their plastic pots. we have some deep fancy pots so we stand a pot upside down in bottom and sit our plastic pot on top of that. we then pack bubble wrap around the pots to fill the bigger ceramic pot. then we just put a layer of bark on top of the lot to make it look like plant is potted in bigger pot. This makes the pot lighter and easier to carry if you need to move it. Then when that plant loses it's shine it is easy to replace it with a newer nicer plant.

I've attached a pic of our epiphytic tree. we have used Unails to attach the broms to the tree and as Nev said we have lots of old mans beard hanging there as well.

thanks for the new thread Tash. I would do it if I knew how.I know it has been explained before but I can't remember how. I tried one month but couldn't remember how.

Must be off to bed after our very busy weekend. Night all. I look forward to reading all the posts again tomorrow night.

Wendy

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top