Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. You have until October 22nd to submit your images. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012, 1 by springer99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012
springer99 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
good on you Bree with the Vr splenden seeds, that is one lot of seed I just can't get to grow so far, that and hieroglyphica seeds. I have had about 4 different lots sent to me and none have every germinated. Very odd. Not sure if it's just me or if it's the climate up here?
Wendy love that tree, I wish we could do that here. Nev your photos are such a tease! lol
Nice group shot Colleen, and l love the monkey hiding in there, very cute.
Nice pick up on the mini's Karen, my parents were here the other day and my mum took a shine to the minis we have (we don't have that many though) so I might have to find some for her.
Shirley nice to see you staying around too :) Yeah attach photos when you can, I used to ask 100's of questions, trust me, ask anyone in here, lol. I used to have spread them out as I was that bursting at the seams with things I wanted to know. I am trying to grow from seed, but yes it's so slowwww and not as easy as people might think and yes I keep losing lots because they dry out too much etc. We just moved them all again on the weekend and I should go out and check them acutally and make sure they are doing ok in the new position. Only moved them maybe a metre, from the fence line to the house wall type thing, but it's amazing what the light difference is just with a small move. Don't want to fry them as the ones that have made it this far are doing ok.
Many of us have heaps of broms with no names, we usually refer to them as NOID which simply stands for... No Id ( No Identity).
But post the photos and you'll be surprised at how many of them people will know :)
Ok well I had better keep moving, sorry can't help with the shade cloth critters, lol.
I'll attach a pic of our Aechmea blanchetiana's.
Tash

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top