Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts February 2012
works4me wrote:
I love this forum … everyone is so friendly and helpful and I really appreciate the advice. Sounds like a few of you made some rather expensive mistakes along the way and it’s great that you’re willing to share your experiences and save others from falling into the same traps.

I will attach a photo of one of my NOIDs. Tash, thanks for the explanation of NOID, I had seen it mentioned earlier and wondered what it was. I have seen “the Catlans” mentioned a couple of times also and assume they are brom growers / sellers …

Anyway, this NOID is a large brom, approx 50 cm across at its’ widest point. Maybe someone can give it a name. It has lost some of its’ colour since I purchased it.

The shadehouse is a work in progress and will be for a while yet. It’s steel framed and after removing the old shadecloth, we found a fair bit of rust. So, if anyone can tell me the name of a rust killer we can use that wont end up killing the broms, please let me know that too.

Thanks again, Shirley

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top