Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 109

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 109
chookie2 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I had a great day at the quarry yesterday, Collected rocks for the pool as well as some gem quality peridot and crystallised Olivine. Great fun. I have several big rocks with crystals in them and I want to get them out without breaking them so I am just thinking how to do it now and will tackle them later.
Really the best moment was when the quarry tractor pulled down a wall for us to play in and in doing so he broke open a rock that has been buried for 75 million years. Inside it was still covered in really fine ash from the volcano !
It was like a layer cake with ash and layers of lava all frozen in time. Truly...so I painted myself with ash and communed with the rock to let me have a nice crystal out of it ....and it worked!! LOL

I also brought back two pieces of lava tube ( they were heavy as!) that have been buried for 75 million years and were formed when the lava ran down the hill in streams and then hardened. It looks a bit like a petrified log but has layers of lava in different colours- love it, it is now sitting on the edge of the pond as my 'communing with nature' focal point, already two magpies have sat on it to drink from the pond too LOL.!

Karen I love my cows too , lucky they are all round me here so I don't need to own one now. I had Daisy, Pixie and Bessiebelle once but they were hard on the garden if they got through the fences....now I can ring the neighbour and say "get em out"! LOL ( but will soon have new fences so won't happen then.)

Lava rocks around the pond, Lava tubes look like trees, Me studying that olivine for gems, The rock from my commune with the volcanic rock; the protrusion at top is all solid olivine and the crystals are in the hole lower down, small pond with new rocks & water feature ( boy with turtle).

This message was edited Jun 12, 2012 10:33 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America