Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: New cherry tree seems thirsty all the time, 4 by indianabanana

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright indianabanana

In reply to: New cherry tree seems thirsty all the time

Forum: Beginner Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New cherry tree seems thirsty all the time
indianabanana wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply! Here are some (hasty) pictures. The last picture is of the dogwood leaves, since the trees are within 12 feet of each other and I imagine the soil condition is the same for both. The trees are exhibiting different symptoms, but I figure it can't hurt to look at both. The dogwood is well-established. It was here before we moved in two years ago, and it was already quite tall and full then.

I should also mention that we planted the cherry tree near some very, very spent (and blighted) rose bushes. We didn't know at the time that the two plants were in the same family.

Now that I've stood out there long enough to take pictures, I see that the cherry tree has more chew holes and spots than I thought. I don't know if those are the cause of the problem or if the tree is just stressed and therefore more susceptible to pests (or both).

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America