Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012, 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Aussie brugmansias in December 2012
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
Yeah, I was puzzled by your choice of photo, Chrissy :-) Anyway, here's a pic of that aurea (probably Golden Butter) seedling when it first opened, paler in colour but with longer tendrils before they curled back.
mavrice wrote:Hi All

Another plant has flowered for the first time this week. It is one of those smaller one from the the AuraXClementine. The others have been slightly nodding to almost hanging. This is distincly nodding. Have pollinated back to the pod mate with the double skirt - 2012G.

Maurice

As I posted in the old thread:
Fascinating, Maurice, that you not only have bred a double-yellow but that so many of your aurea seedlings seem to be dwarfs.
So many of our seedlings seems to be giants! You're onto a good trait there, a small plant that takes up less space and whose flowers can be readily reached. I wonder where that dwarf trait came from? Anyway, it's a valuable characteristic.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top