Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012, 3 by SolMan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SolMan

In reply to: Aussie brugmansias in December 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Aussie brugmansias in December 2012
SolMan wrote:
Hi there Guys i have been so bizzy and yesterday i went to Maurice's place @ Korumburra where he has many plants and also a friends garden where he grows them, i was flabigastered with how many plants he has there were about 80-100 at his own home in both front and back yards the plants he is pollinating he moves in to the shed where he believes they are protected. there is a skylight there i also think its a great idea for this purpose.
he also has in the works a shade house the whole width of his yard which is still in the process of being built.

I was there for about 5-6 hours talking and helping him out with a few things,
he mentioned that he has over 100 sanguinea all but probably 5-6 have CDV so i mentioned to him that he should keep those few if he wants the sanguinea's to work with he will only be keeping 1:::::::: which to my eye was Virus free and looked so fresh and lush compaired to all the other plants. I did not get a photo of this

he had many plants there were a few that were so distinct i did take pics of like
Brilliant Orange x.Red Hot Pink (2012z) which is a Yellow flower which was not in bloom at this time
all 3 pics are of this cross look at the shape of the leaves and how pubescent they are i really love the leaves of this one

i still have more to come but am heading to dinner BRB

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top