Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. You have until October 22nd to submit your images. Here's where you can enter

Trash to Treasure: An entrance arbor made from a hodge-podge of found things..., 1 by lovetopaint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovetopaint

In reply to: An entrance arbor made from a hodge-podge of found things...

Forum: Trash to Treasure

Back to post
Photo of An entrance arbor made from a hodge-podge of found things...
lovetopaint wrote:
Thanks David. I do love photography and painting. I am sure whatever I decide to do with that under the tree spot will have some painting on something done. I don't think photography will be a part of it though.....but you never know. Honestly, I haven't decided what to do yet beyond cleaning out the piles of twigs gathered below it in the last few years. The dirt is mostly clay and hardpack and completley shaded so growing anything is limited, unless I add a raised bed. That's money and work for a place I intend to move from as soon as possible. So I think it will likely be something enjoyable, and probably by recycling something. Snow, sleet and rain are expected today, so I am miserable. Since I thankfully do not have to go anywhere today I am staying in where it is warm. I won't be dealing with it for a while, until the weather is better. For now, I am just thinking......

I will take a picture of the twig pile I have to deal with. The only photo I have in the computer at the moment doesn't show the pile I speak of, but the location. It was a day last fall when I had washed my 16 year old truck and the Maple leaves had fallen making a nice color contrast. I pulled the truck over there and took some pictures before putting it in the garage. As you can see (looking at the left side) the Maple tree is in the front yard and is seen from the road. At first the small twigs just looked like mulch from a distance, but now, it's obvious it is a twig-branch pile. I need to get rid of them and do something to make a better curb appeal. There was a bird bath under it "once upon a time" but it has broken and only a base remains (the white thing barely seen peaking over the hood). So yeah I want to make it look better but not require a lot of maintenance. I'm not looking for more work. I'm playing with the idea of some concrete something or other. LOL The girls in Clean and Clutter Free forum have been talking about flowers made from dishes which looks pretty cool. Maybe some large toadstools or mushrooms from concrete or dishes. I like the benches made from headboards too. Yup. Lots of ideas all of which might bring some much needed (seldom have) fun and make the yard look better too. Time will tell.

Anyway, here's a pic for the location

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top