Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. You have until October 22nd to submit your images. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 120, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 120

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 120
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Another cloudy but fine day yesterday. Not as warm though with a bitey wind .
Looks like Autumn has arrived and chased the really warm weather away .
Lots more bulbs poking heads up and I see there are still a few naked ladies braving the weather . I found one of the red haemanthus in flower too. I must look for the others .
I always mean to move them as they get overgrown by other plants.

I have decided to plant lots of rosemary along the path and house in the front.
Nothing much wants to grow there so rosemary should be okay.
I say front of the house as thats the way the house is built but has never been used as the front because the drive and gate etc are all at the back.
The front only looks out on part of the garden & trees.
You have to walk around the house and shadehouses to get there.
I find many farmhouse are like that too. One arrives somewhere then wonders which door to use.
I suppose when the houses were first built there may have been a path or drive to the front but over the years of everyone using the back door, it becomes the "front".
Unless a house is actually built on a road with the front facing that way its easier to use the back.
I think we all do it here anyway.
Even when visiting in towns, I find most still walk around to the back . ( unless there is a fence or large dog of course)
Is this an Aussie thing or do you folks overseas do the same thing ?

Maybe it was years of being told to wipe your feet or dont mess up the floor with dirty shoes etc.
I certainly find it easier to use the back door and not have to take off my shoes every time I go in or out from the garden.

Hello Teresa, great pics of all the planes. Looks like you 7 hubby had an enjoyable day.
I had to laugh at the thought of the Weasel running up to you with her "present"
I hope it was past the smelly stage...ugh..
Copper is doing well for a dog of his age. Nice to see he is still reasonably active in his old age.
Sugar will miss him when he does go.

Dianne, what jostaberry ?...lol
It went toes up last year. Never grew much anyway.
All my berries are gone now. The ones that grew well were way too rampant. I am still pulling out suckers.
Talk about triffids.... Those darn things wanted to take over the whole garden.
They never put on much fruit either.
Spent all their energy running about, under and over everything.
I dont mind the nasturtiums doing that as they are not prickly and do die down .

Charleen, the Sooty ornament is lovely. I am sure Anthony doesnt mind us all seeing it. It will be nice for him to look at and remember Sooty.
I like your little frogs too. I love frogs and have frog ornaments all over the garden.
Give Charley & friends a pat for me.

Anthony, hope you are back to feeling 100% now.

Hello Al, Moon and everyone else popping in.

I am off to get a few things done as we have to go out later, checkup day at the doctors today .

Heres a treat for morning tea....an old favorite...Boiled Fruit Cake.
Stay safe and enjoy the day.
Jean

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top