Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 120, 1 by Gabi65

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gabi65

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 120

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 120
Gabi65 wrote:
Lord, I remember Norgates, too. I bought a whole lot of stuff from them in the 70's. They would dip them into liquid clay to keep them until they got to you. I didn't realise you had to wash it off! I am pretty sure everything died! One of our family mottoes," As a last resort, read the instructions!!"

Guys, do you remember the ads that used to be in the back of Your Garden magazine. One of the things I coveted was a long metal hollow wand, with attachments for your hose and you pushed it well down into the soil, so you could water the roots of trees & shrubs. I just found the Don Burke page on how to make your own, but that ain't gunna happen. It wasn't that far back when I found it online, maybe in '08 -'10 but now I can't find it. The chap who made them never went commercial, mail orders only or go to his place and pick one up. I think it was called Water Wand, but I keep getting something about Outboard Motors??

My sister is finding it hard to get water into one part of her garden which has a layer of very hard clay and both of us are now at an age where we need all the help we can get. The Gum Blossoms are one of my paintings, from a aphoto by Stephen Agius

Anyone?
Gabi

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top