Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 120, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 120

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 120
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Its foggy here this morning but should be a lovely day once the sun gets through. Yesterday was quite warm and I gave all the plants an extra drink. It should stay fine and warm for the week.
I did a bit of weeding in the cottage garden as there was a plant that had selfseeded a bit too much.
My salvias out there are looking well after the hot weather. One is starting to flower and is very pretty with the green buds opening to a bright blue flower. I have a lovely large flowered pink one there too. I may plant a few more as they like it out there away from a lot of the wind.
I have a few around in other areas, but they didnt do well in the excessive heat as one cant keep the water up to them all the time.
I may move all of them .
The ground is still way too hard to move any of the dead shrubs so that will wait until rain. The weeds are the same in the iris garden, One cannot pull them out as they are much too strong ( either that or I am getting weak ..lol)

Teresa, lovely that you can now enjoy the warmth of your heater.
It can get hot when the doors are shut.
My dear aunt used to have her gas fire on with all the doors open and once I started closing them she wondered why it was suddenly so nice and warm .
She had blamed the fire not being hot enough..

I had to laugh when you said the Weasel may explore if the door was open. Now how could you say little Miss Innocence would do anything naughty...lol
It is interesting to see the ideas people come up with for gardens in odd spaces.

Hello Charleen. You had better watch that Charley Mule when he starts getting into the hay, he may swallow little Radar.
He does like his cookies though. He was here this morning looking for a handout.

Hello Dianne, Al, Moon and Anthony.
hope all is well in your areas.

Hello to anyone else looking in.

Heres a treat for morning tea. .....Banana Walnut Cake

I am off outside to see what I can get done today.

Happy day and stay safe
Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top