Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. We're extending the entry time until October 29th. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 120, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 120

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 120
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Its chilly here but will be a lovely day as was yesterday.
I spent the afternoon moving my bromeliads around to make room for new ones.
I have lots of pots with little green shoots peeping through. Its always nice to see the green in what has looked like a row of old pots with nothing growing.
Dianne, I have pots of grasses that are waiting for rain so I can finally get my grass garden going..
Over the years I have tried various plants in the garden at the front of the house.
Nothing likes it out there much as two large trees suck all the moisture out. Being hard clay it also sets like concrete in summer.
I tried to make a rose garden there but they didnt like the big wattle tree so the roses now thrive in the iris garden . I have liliums in the front but they look lonely when growing . I decided that ornamental grass will survive best.
Besides the little birds will love to hide in the grasses as the larger bird bath is out there .

Hello Al, you have good lot of seedlings to plant. I hope your weather is kind to them.

Moon , how is your garden going ?

Anthony, you must have little green shoots all over the place by now. I hope we see lots of lovely pics later.

Dianne, glad you were able to get a piece of cake . It certainly didnt last long . Must be a favorite with most people.

Charleen, I hope you found Radar. He is too little to be out with large mule feet about.

I am off to get a parcel ready to post. I have to be early a shubby has to have the car to go out later.

Hello to anyone else looking in .
Heres a nice treat for morning tea.... Cream Cheese Pound Cake..

Enjoy your day and your gardens.
Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top