Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 120, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 120

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 120
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. The sun has not risen above the trees as yet so its very nippy. Yesterday was fine but cold.
I am waiting to get more rain so I can get rid of the dead shrubs around. I did weed a little yesterday in the cottage garden. Not many weeds as I have tried to keep on them because they like to grow behind the shrubs and think I dont see them. I have been vigilant this time and none escaped me.
My salvias are getting bigger so a hair cut will be in order later.
The buddleas will also be cut. I like to wait until late winter/ spring to do them .
I still have some in pots that will go into the ground once it gets wet enough to dig.

I see my white nerines are flowering too.
I used to have a whole row of them but they have gradually disappeared. I will divide this lot and spread them around again.
Still none of the pink ones are out. Its unusual as they are always out before the whites.
I think a dividing of all the old bulb clumps is needed.

Hello Charleen. Very pretty blooms. I have seen your speckled iris but just cant place the name. I think it had Pepper in the name..
Give the furry ones a pat for me.

Hello Dianne, Teresa, Moon and Al.

Anthony, hope you are finally over the flu.

I am off again to check on my brugmansia flowers. They are slow to open this year.

Heres a nibble for morning tea...Cherry Scones

Stay safe and warm.
Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top