Photo by Melody
Announcements
Our Annual Photo Contest is now open. You have until October 22nd to submit your images. Here's where you can enter

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Heart of Winter Brugmansia 2013, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Heart of Winter Brugmansia 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Heart of Winter Brugmansia 2013
77sunset wrote:
Well. I must say that down here, my brugs havent seemed to realise that it is winter yet.
I am sure that will change as we get more and more cold days and maybe frosts.
At the moment although there is a slight yellowing of a few leaves , they all look really great.
Lots of buds still coming and GHA is out in all his glory. The perfume is so lovely .

I can see lots of pods but they may fall if we get frosts later. Hopefully the ones I did myself will stay on.

My seedlings are still looking really nice and green but have slowed in growth in the cold.
The buds on the coldies are always slow so it will still be a few weeks until I see more flowers.

I have a new flush coming on ButterBomb, DP'n'G , Mango Cornet . my new seedling and of course, all my GHA plants.

pic is Tantra a few days ago. Just opening a few more flowers and you can see yet another bud.

Jean.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Contact Us | Do Not Sell My Personal Information]

Back to the top