Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: gen2026 picture (June means Daylilies!! )

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening

In reply to: June means Daylilies!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

gen2026 wrote:
Welcome Donna! So glad you joined us here! There are a lot of people on here much more of a DL expert than I am, but I was told early on not to plant the regular Daylilies and the ditch lilies in the same bed. Someone else might want to chime in on that........... Hopefully the crowns are still there and the DLs will come back. They are pretty tough plants. How you checked for any new growth? I am sure they probably wouldn't bloom this summer but if the plants survive, at least you could have blooms next year.

Charlotte, will be praying for ya'll tomorrow. I bet keeping him from eating or drinking might really be a problem! :( Hadn't even thought about that........... I sure hope it all goes well for you both.

Sandra, glad you were able to get a lot done. Do you think Faith would like to visit South Arkansas?? :) I could sure use a good helper.

I FINALLY got to put out some Roundup last night. I didn't get nearly all sprayed that needs to be sprayed but at least it is a start. I got my foundation bed and the edge of it done, and hopefully tonight I can get my big round bed and the circular drive that has mostly grown over with grass. Been wanting to spray it for about 7 weeks now and the weather has just not cooperated. I still have all my fence to do- the trumpet vine is trying to take over again, and the big bed down by the road that I am going to completely redo. I guess I will just spray for as long as I can again tonight and see how far I get. I tried to mix it strong enough that hopefully this one application will get it.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America