Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Farm Life: Anna_Z picture (June is Summertime-2015)

Communities > Forums > Farm Life

Subject: June is Summertime-2015

Forum: Farm Life

Anna_Z wrote:
I guess it's time for another thread and hope that there are SOME farm peeps still out there that will come here and chat.

We've had quite a bit of rain here the last 2 or 3 weeks. The guy that rents our cropland decided to mow down ALL his hay (they were predicting rain for that time frame). He got it rained on.......about 300 acres.

The SU and I had a 4 day milking job last week from Wed. thru Sat. pm. 80 cows and not too many outside chores for him to do.

This coming Sat. we start an 8 day gig; only 50 cows this time. The SU will have more outside chores, but they aren't too horrible and complicated. Our next job isn't till the last day of July and 1st of August.

The SU has been helping a couple neighbors make hay and I have still been going to the local sale barn on Monday and Wednesday afternoons for the calf sale part of it.

Last Saturday was my Sheep and Goat auction paper writing day, and this coming Friday I have to write health papers for a dairy sale at another local sale barn.

Our heifers that we are caring for for the neighbor are looking good and eating their daily silage feeding. No bad feet, and nobody looking skinny and ill.

Our yard has been growing great guns, but looks SO nice after we get it mowed.

Let's hear what you all are doing.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America