Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: cperdue picture (Happy 4th Of July)

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening

In reply to: Happy 4th Of July

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

cperdue wrote:
Jeri I know this has been a very rough week for both you and Trish!

Terrie is right pallative care is the same thing is hospice. Alzheimer's is a terminal disease. As they progress and get to the stage where they are loosing weight and losing more and more abilities to do things themselves a lot go into hospice care. It's not uncommon for someone with Alzheimer's to be on hospice for over a year.They may still be able to walk around and do some things on their own. Normally someone goes on hospice when the doctors feel they have 6 months or less to live. Often times with Alzheimer's/dementia they live longer than 6 months and the doctor re-qualifies them again.....and again if necessary. They have to be continually declining in order to continue to be on hospice. Lot's of advantages of being on hospice. First it is paid for by hospice and medicare and insurance. They provide a hospital bed and other necessary equipment. They furnish depends, chucks, etc. They send a nurse out so many times a week and like in your aunts case physical therapist.

Sandra seems I've heard you mention the Burgers disease before. It looks like the doctors would be doing something about her fingers and not just waiting for test!! That sounds terrible!

Yes everyone should have a cat. I had never liked cats but decided to get one back when I was single as I missed having a dog but was gone a lot. A friend told me I should try a cat as they could be left alone for a few days at a time if I put plenty of food and water out. So before it was over I had 3 cats! I decided the one I got needed a companion so the second cat. That turned out to be the cat from hell and met an untimely death so I got another companion. Both lived to be about 18. I loved my cats but don't want anymore!

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America