Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: RosemaryK picture (Reviewing 2015 Projects and Plants, Challenges and Results)

Communities > Forums > Northeast Gardening

In reply to: Reviewing 2015 Projects and Plants, Challenges and Results

Forum: Northeast Gardening

RosemaryK wrote:
Nice to hear from folks here. I've just returned from a trip to Washington where there was opportunity to admire the huge pair of bald cypress in front of the Dept of Agriculture building.

Donna flatters me. I consider myself a learner on the subject of conifers. I think I'll remember her lead and grow more varieties of salvia from seed since hers are lovely. Being lazy about that, I was disappointed that the place where I usually buy a black and blue salvia in spring didn't have them this year. Compared to the standard kinds such as Mainacht, it is clear that there are some that are just altogether better pollenators as well as beautiful. Nice pics and thanks for the ideas about dwarf plumbago. I like fragaria too, and also started mixing fragaria into the heuchera border because it tickles me to find little surprises in the garden. Next year perhaps more edibles among ornamentals---i.e. trying a chard border. Some grasses are on order for near the stone bench because Donna got me thinking that way.

I have little doubt Bill will continue to find ways to tweak his gorgeous garden. I am looking forward to the day when I can look outside our windows and feel satisfaction that something of beauty is there.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America