Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: gen2026 picture (Days gone byHoliday Memories and chat)

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening

In reply to: Days gone byHoliday Memories and chat

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

gen2026 wrote:
Love the gas logs! We had planned to have a fireplace but since we tried to build a "doug rye" home we were advised not to have one. We had already had them pour the foundation for it when they did the foundation work for the house - so we could add one at some point if we wanted. But, I had thought having an open fireplace between my living and dining area with gas logs would be nice so it would be visible from both sides, but now I realize how small my living space would be had we done that so I am glad that we didn't . But, we ended up not being able to get natural gas lines ran to our house so we would have had to have gotten a propane tank.

Alex has one more day of his acting internship at UAMS then he will be done with that. He is very tired of working every single day - and the only days he had off except for two he was driving and interviewing and driving..... so he will be glad to rest up some next week.

Kyle is interviewing at UAMS today.

I don't know if I told ya'll that we had a major fire at my plant last Friday morning..... there were some errors made and a breaker was off that shouldn't have been and our backup oil system to our generator didn't come on. A hydrogen seal ruptured on the generator and the hydrogen caught fire when it contacted the air. The two guys working that night couldn't get the fire out and the fire dept wouldn't come in when they got there because they found out there was Hydrogen in there. So, eventually the hydrogen that was in the generator burned itself out but not before it did a LOT of damage. Original rough estimates were close to 4 mil in damage, but now they are thinking that there is actually only around 2 million...... still a lot of money, but not as bad as they originally thought. We have a 2 mil deductible on the insurance and they are not even sure they will get beyond that. I am just very thankful that those guys didn't get hurt! If I had seen flames close to that generator I would have been GONE.... Lol.... and come to find out they thought at first they were fighting an oil fire on the bearing..... it was after the fact that they realized it was the H.

I know some of you may know Karen Coffelt from DG Daylily page and FB .... I might have the opportunity to meet up with her today, but probably tomorrow. She is moving to Arizona by way of stopping to stay with relatives in Texas and coming thru Arkansas. I am going to see if I can meet her for a meal. I would offer her a place to stay for the night - but she is traveling with the dog which is at least part bassett - and I know my dogs would cause a stir. If I thought I could keep everyone calmed down she and the dog would be welcome, but I wouldn't want a dog fight to break out. :( My little ones are SO jealous - then they stir up the big one and he gets all wound up. He wouldn't purposely hurt the dog, but somewhere in all the craziness one of them might end up hurt.

Hope everyone has a good day and manages to stay warm with the cold front that is coming! I have petunias still blooming but I am sure they will be gone tomorrow.......

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America