Photo by Melody
The Annual Photo Contest is open. Enter your best images Here

Propagation: evelyn_inthegarden picture (Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017)

Communities > Forums > Propagation

In reply to: Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017

Forum: Propagation

evelyn_inthegarden wrote:
Robin ~ It has been a challenge to try to get work done outside as there are weeds everywhere, but who can weed when it is snowing or raining? I have finished the new strawberry bed, that is taking out the strawberries out of the white flower border. Yes, they had white flowers, but they just kept multiplying. So I keep working outside in between storms. We are supposed to get more rain this week, and tomorrow I have an appointment, so I went out late in the day when most of the wind died down. Yes, I am grateful that the drought is over, but this is going overboard with so much rain. So when there is a storm outside, I \"go to seed\"! My back porch is filled with bulbs in pots and seedlings in cell packs. Also, the tomato seedlings are downstairs in the basement under lights and in my bedroom, I have 2 shelves with seedlings on heat mats. Those I put there the ones that require heat.

I have not yet removed all the strawberries, as there were more than I had room for in the new beds, so after the weather clears up (again!), I will ask my neighbors to take the rest. The white violets have intermingled with the strawberries, so I had to keep pulling them out.

Gypsi ~ You and Bronx will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America