Photo by Melody

Water Gardening: DRH2 picture (Peroxide safe for fish and plants?)

Communities > Forums > Water Gardening

In reply to: Peroxide safe for fish and plants?

Forum: Water Gardening

DRH2 wrote:
At the concentrations people use in their pond you should see no effect on your biofilter as long as you don't dump it straight in the inlet to the pump. I generally 'sprinkle/slosh' it around the edges of the pond. That's where the algae is usually the highest and that way by the time it's sucked into the pump and through your biofilter there's no problem.

As I indicated above I think/hope I've got a very simple little spreadsheet that you can download from here:
http://www.cem.uvm.edu/~hemenway/WaterGarden/Hydrogen peroxi...
So if you have any questions regarding how much to add for your specific pond this should help a bit. I realize that there are numerous websites out there that will do similar things but usually by the time I find the site (because the link has changed or ....) it's a bit of a bother. This is in an Excel format which you should be able to open and then save directly to your computer - I did it this way so no one would feel twitchy about sending me an e-mail. If you've got questions please post them here or e-mail me (for the non-twitchy).
Also, you'll note that I've included different pages for calculating iron doses, baking soda, and salt doses. Enjoy.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America