Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Rural Gardening: TamaraFaye picture (Guineas moved into new home)

Communities > Forums > Rural Gardening

In reply to: Guineas moved into new home

Forum: Rural Gardening

TamaraFaye wrote:
Donna, I SURE DO! i go to a guinea message board when i have questions. they are big propnents in treating your guineas well. since they are the first of my poultry, they will liekly always think THEY RULE ;-) guineas get along great with other fowl, though i think they should always have at least one buddy like them. if you didn't have a rooster, i would suggest a mirror. they love to look at themselves, and i think they think that is their "buddy".

i don't want them nesting in trees. we don't have many trees, and those are for the doves, scissortails, mockingbirds, blue jays, etc.

leaflady, i am surprised your one guinea isn't excessively noisy. they are when they are alone, and when they are "teenagers". mine talk to the nieghbors guineas some, and always let me know when somebody drives up, which is helpful when the dogs are sleeping! i am glad to hear you take such good care of them :-)

i dont' want any white or pied ones. when my son is old enough for 4-H, ew will have some pearl for him to show. meanwhile, i would like to get royal purple, chocolate, etc, all the fun flavors LOL

donna, since this is a new forum, start a new thread about you bantys. someone interested could miss it if you put it here. and don't forget to poke me and remind me to come look :-)

i can't wait to get peacocks and such! a friend of mine has a neighbor with a WHITE peacock! i have only seen it once, and it just stopped me in my tracks!!!

i am trying to not get anything white. we have lots of predatory birds around here, and, to me, white is just a flag that makes them all too noticeable.

tf

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America